Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 58 and 60 gear

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I find the level 58 and 60 gear to be different in several things but I feel like the level 60 offers less that the 58 at certain times. Take the life hat health is same at 288 the pip % is same you have a larger critical rate on the 60 level hat but how many times have you seen critical work on a boss in waterworks where it wasnt blocked? so this really to me is unimportant except for critical blocking. and my life does less critical blocking with the level 60 hat.
The protection part gives you 12% coverage on death and Myth for level 58 while level 60 gives 9% the damage for level 58 is 18% and damage for level 60 is 17%..... I find the differences in all gear to be somewhat a wear or dont wear depending on the fight you are facing.
If you were to fight Death or Myth the level 58 gear looks to be better for the fight. Fight anything else then the level 60 would be better.
Not Knocking the gear here just discussing, if I am wrong about anything please be so kind as to correct.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
There are trade-offs with all equipment. I've seen level 50 equipment with a higher rating in one particular stat than anything else bigger or smaller. It depends on what you want. Overall, the higher level equipment is generally better than lower level, but there are some exceptions.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
True. I remember busting my hump to get the Balance robe from Waterworks, and when I found it online I saw that it offered the same if not less perks than the robe I currently have! I was so annoyed because I had pretty much wasted all that time that I could've spent doing other things.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2010