Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ivan SoulSlinger...

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
When i dueled Ivan SoulSlinger for the first time, he appeared as a normal wizard. When i saw him cast something, he did the sorta dance insted of wave the wand in a motion around. When i won, i got the same wand as he does from a drop. When i tested it in duel, i still casted like every other wizard (Exept Ivan) So is this a bug or just a special enemie cast? I personally think it is cooler than a regular wizards' cast.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
stormschool99 wrote:
When i dueled Ivan SoulSlinger for the first time, he appeared as a normal wizard. When i saw him cast something, he did the sorta dance insted of wave the wand in a motion around. When i won, i got the same wand as he does from a drop. When i tested it in duel, i still casted like every other wizard (Exept Ivan) So is this a bug or just a special enemie cast? I personally think it is cooler than a regular wizards' cast.
I think that it's really Ivan Soulsinger. He is an evil wizard, so he casts differently. All the enemies never cast like a wizard. Even though he looks like one, he cant cast the same or people will get confused. Ethan Lifeblade level 52 life wizard (grandmaster).

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
colagada wrote:
Some enemies do different things than we do when they cast spells
You're right

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
actually i could tell he is casting the same way wizards do when they are using a staff as their wand. So he is using a sword, but is casting in the way a staff is used. Try it yourself, and see what i am talking about

Balance brings peace and happiness, never forget it.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
deffio152 wrote:
actually i could tell he is casting the same way wizards do when they are using a staff as their wand. So he is using a sword, but is casting in the way a staff is used. Try it yourself, and see what i am talking about

Balance brings peace and happiness, never forget it.
Kingsisle actually remade the casting for Ivan Soulsinger since he's a boss. So, he's not bugged. I want to talk about how he changed over the years. A long time ago, I remember he had a deep voice. Then his voice changed to a kid's voice but with a Dragonspyre accent. I am a life wizard named Devin Lifesword, and I soloed him twice, and defeated him with a team once.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
deffio0306 wrote:
stormschool99 wrote:
I think that it's really Ivan Soulsinger. He is an evil wizard, so he casts differently. All the enemies never cast like a wizard. Even though he looks like one, he cant cast the same or people will get confused. Ethan Lifeblade level 52 life wizard (grandmaster).

Yes, I added another l but after looking through the archive of videos, He actually use to cast like a wizard. We just draw the symbol with our wand (BORING!!!) but use to do the twirl one side, move to other, then back to one side.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
what i find just real annoying bout this guy is for one he is a wizard yet still a boss but with the whole wizard thing set in place his natural is X and does 85 death damage per pip and its with his sword. i personally think that all wands after the lvl 45 swords from ds should give X ranked spells. deaths 85 per pip, ice 80 per pip, storm 125 per pip, myth 105 per pip, and fire 100 per pip, balance 110 per pip, and life 90 per pip. that way it makes the game a bit more interesting for every one lvl 45 and up OR better yet just make these ds swords have this ability and only the ones that glow have this ability not the ones that just look like regular swords. but add a little critical if a person lvl 60 and up is using them. any one like this idea? i got it from when i saw he has an X attack and used it on me back when i was in ds and thought to my self how unfair only he can do that.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
deffio0306 wrote:
stormschool99 wrote:

He's right