Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We should all get one free mount

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
I think that when we first start the game we should all get one free mount, and there would be a list of all the free mounts you can get.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
CrazyWizardSlay3r wrote:
I think that when we first start the game we should all get one free mount, and there would be a list of all the free mounts you can get.

You get a 1 day free Enchanted Broom after you finish Unicorn Way.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
CrazyWizardSlay3r wrote:

I think members should get a bit more like mounts or exclusive pets because I am paying for 4 people ( my family ) and all we really get is the world access which is fantastic but if we could get a mount or at least 5 crowns a month I would be pleased I am not complaining or anything I was just saying what I really wanted :D

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Eventually, school mounts will exist. more than likely along a new level cap such as the new school pets have come to us all recently. Don't be shocked to see the hatching of mounts come into play as well (either for double the amount of gold or crowns only).

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
No "permanent mounts" will ever be given to you. But yes, in Unicorn Way you get a quest that rewards you with a broom. Most mounts cost 7500+.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
CrackedRose wrote:
Eventually, school mounts will exist. more than likely along a new level cap such as the new school pets have come to us all recently. Don't be shocked to see the hatching of mounts come into play as well (either for double the amount of gold or crowns only).

That would be really cool, though I can't begin to imagine what they'd be like... Maybe the Balance school could have a Hydra mount, to go along with the pet one; I wouldn't say no to that. I don't profess to know much about the other schools, though a snake mount (for Death students) or a kraken (for Storm) would be neat.

Hatching mounts also has the potential to be interesting, though also very, VERY annoying. I don't see why KI would do this, though, since it could put a huge portion of the crown shop out of business.

Good idea overall, though.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
It may seem silly to think of a permanent mount being given to you,, but what if that mount only moved at half the speed of the one you paid for.. and what i had said in an earlier message is that it would be given at a later level cap, Thus meaning someone who wanted only a free mount would have to go from level 1 to say 68 without one.. Pets and snacks haven't put the crown shop out of business, neither has hatching or gardening, but it has improved their sales on mega pet snacks and certain seeds of gardening. Every concept could of course be turned into "how do we make money" but do you really thing KI is all about the money, their not as greedy as you may assume because they have a crown shop (it costs them a lot of money for their development teams, even more so now being in larger parts of the world and more than doubling their staff within the first year). Its the seed of an idea that would be needed to elaborate on in order for it to truly develop into its full potential, these forums are in metaphor the water for some of them...

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Other MMOs have done that as well. Usually those "given" mounts are less desirable than their microtransaction counterparts and they are usually not given in the early levels (most were a result of a higher level quest or attaining a certain amount of alternate experience points).

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Actually, you can get a free trial mount. You can by battling a boss in Cyclops Lane.

-Robert EmeraldPyre, Legendary Pyromancer.