Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Difficulty level for Malistaire's lair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2011
Hey guys, ok look, in my opinion, i don't like how KI has changed Malistaire's health to 10,000 with three servants. It's a little too easy. I think they should keep the way it use to be! Malistaire's Health; 100,000, and he brings his wife Sylvia Drake to help him again. What do you guys think about this? I also don't want them to change the crystals, cause now you cna solo it! That should stay the same.... :D

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Jackson4568 wrote:
Hey guys, ok look, in my opinion, i don't like how KI has changed Malistaire's health to 10,000 with three servants. It's a little too easy. I think they should keep the way it use to be! Malistaire's Health; 100,000, and he brings his wife Sylvia Drake to help him again. What do you guys think about this? I also don't want them to change the crystals, cause now you cna solo it! That should stay the same.... :D

They should keep it the way it is for those who like to solo, but maybe add an alternate and optional dungeon with the Enhanced Malistaire encounter. Remember, millions of wizards cried foul when that encounter went live but your asking KI to change a required quest to a much harder version, especially now when it is near impossible to find groups for it.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I rather like the old version myself, but if KI won't/can't change back, Malistaire's health should definately be raised a bit.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I think they should do what they did in Celestia and have 2 places to fight the tough bosses. That way there could be a second place to fight Malistare in all his might and glory.
At the Pylons in Stormriven you can summon and fight 5 different bosses and fight them until your heart is content. Fighting at the Pylons is completely optional. At the same time some of the bosses were weakened where they actually appear in the quest storyline so it was easier for players to advance.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Jackson4568 wrote:
Hey guys, ok look, in my opinion, i don't like how KI has changed Malistaire's health to 10,000 with three servants. It's a little too easy. I think they should keep the way it use to be! Malistaire's Health; 100,000, and he brings his wife Sylvia Drake to help him again. What do you guys think about this? I also don't want them to change the crystals, cause now you cna solo it! That should stay the same.... :-D

there was a suggestion like this a while back, but they were not suggesting changing the story line, but making it a side quest.

and that also leads me to another question, what would happen if you pet had spritely? would he crow ya every time you pet did that???

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
and that also leads me to another question, what would happen if you pet had spritely? would he crow ya every time you pet did that???

It might. The cheat programming seems to recognize pet actions for some bosses (the newer cheat bosses) and others it doesn't.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
I think for this dungeon (after all it is the end of the main main story line) is that up to 8 wizards could enter, and they would split into 2 groups battling minions there, and when they finish they split again to kill malistaire and malistaire would make a ghost into a clone so both groups would battle malistaire
wouldnt that be awesome

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
It's only 10,000!?!?!? Geez, I thought it was 20,000... I'd rather defeat 20,000 :P

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
Hey Wizard101 i was just asking if there is someone that can lower a bosses health down just a little cause the health is way to high for a rank TENTH boss . Cause allot of players are trying to defeat the boss but they cant cause he has way to much health then he should have so please and thank you lower the health or someone who can message me and tell me kindly how to speak to someone that can lower it down cause its getting really annoying to people.

Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
Jackson4568 wrote:

when malistare was like that in the test realm i saw a lot of weird things

1. Sylvia HELPS you.
2 100,000 health is insane
3 Malistare cheats by doing a meteor every turn

i think they should change it but not that much

maybe 30,000 health minions at 2000 health and the minions do more stuff than dark sprite, ghoul and weakness
i think it would be cool if malistare stays at 10,000 but his minions are 10,000

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
insted of changing it completely they should have a side quest thats called "malistair got stronger" or something. were you have him at 100,000
like the old days. but you have to beat the 10,000 verstion of malistair first.

lvl 62 death Jared Stormhammer

Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
Explorer
May 17, 2009
I agree. Malistaire is a whole lot easier. I prefer the old malistaire because it is more of a challenge, plus with the new malistaire, if you get fully bladed you overkill in one hit easy.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Maybe they could make an option for level 70 wizards to do Malistaire again but with the 100,000 health and all. Also with harder minions. Maybe to stall people while KI works on a new world *wink* *wink* ...