Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 20, 2009
:D Hiya my character is Destiny Legend Spear and I am a lvl 60 Ice I recently lvl uped my Ice Kraken and it has Ice Kraken spell and Gargantuan spell and may cast ice blade it is a adult. I want to give it spiritely and still keep it`s original stats and maybe give it some extra stuff what would be the best pet to hatch it with.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
cologada wrote:
This belongs in the Pets forum.

Well it is in the RavenWood Commons. Nothing you can do about it -_- Unless you are an admin, you shouldnt say that stuff. And also, the pets are vary randomized on what they get when leveld up. My forest lord is epic and did not get spritely at all. Luckily i have an ancient snake in a basket with spritely

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
sojpreet wrote:
:D Hiya my character is Destiny Legend Spear and I am a lvl 60 Ice I recently lvl uped my Ice Kraken and it has Ice Kraken spell and Gargantuan spell and may cast ice blade it is a adult. I want to give it spiritely and still keep it`s original stats and maybe give it some extra stuff what would be the best pet to hatch it with.

If you want to get spritely you need to hatch it with a pet that has spritely and MAY get a pet with spritely.

When you hatch you randomly get 2 talents from each of the parent pets, so there is a 50% chance the new pet will have spritely. But remember you may get any of the other talents, so if the pet you hatch with has a talent you can't use you still have a 50% chance of getting that talent also.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
I suggest hatching it with a pet that has spritely already and training the resulting pet in agility to have the best chance of getting it earlier. its hard to say what talents will come with the new pet but you'll have a better chance of getting the talents you want on a new pet by hatching 2 pets that already have the talents you want.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
sojpreet,

You can only have four talents, so if Spritely is what you want, you will have to decide what other three talents you want to keep. Then any pet that has those three talents and spritely will be your best bet. However, another Ice Kraken with those same talents will make sure you keep the Ice Kraken appearance (but is much harder to find someone with those exact traits).

Stormschool99,

It is not only mandatory that you post in the right forum section, but it is also helpful since the right people will see your post (some people don't visit certain sections). Besides, it looks it was moved to the right section anyways by the moderators, just like Colagada suggested. Maybe you should relook the Code of Conduct:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/codeofconduct

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
kingurz wrote:
sojpreet,

You can only have four talents, so if Spritely is what you want, you will have to decide what other three talents you want to keep. Then any pet that has those three talents and spritely will be your best bet. However, another Ice Kraken with those same talents will make sure you keep the Ice Kraken appearance (but is much harder to find someone with those exact traits).

Stormschool99,

It is not only mandatory that you post in the right forum section, but it is also helpful since the right people will see your post (some people don't visit certain sections). Besides, it looks it was moved to the right section anyways by the moderators, just like Colagada suggested. Maybe you should relook the Code of Conduct:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/codeofconduct

I did look at the Code of Conduct and cologada, I am sorry. And for kingurz, TY for the advice. I looked at the code of conduct and founs that you must post right forum. (Or at least to my understanding) And for people who want the spritely talent, You need to look at the pets available Talent. If it has at least 5 available rare talents, Then you hould continue to train it. The pets randomize the talents they will get. And spritely is a very, very common talent for a lot of pets out there. My best suggestion for hatching a pet with spritely would be to hatch with a) sea dragon 1st gen. b) a snake in a basket 1st gen. c) sprite queen 1st gen. A lot of pets to get spritely will need to be mostly 1st gen. Sometimes you may have a 1st gen pet with a lot of very good talents, but when yo hatch it, you get the same exact thing but with a lot of let-down talents. I learned that with my Snake In A Basket. It has some epic traits but when i hatched it with an evil sandman, it had mostly common and uncommon traits. I decided to give it a chance to train at teen and got the calculating (plus 50 power) trait and decided to leave it alone and continue with my 1st gen.