Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Commanders & Warlords: Please read this

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
Ok so I try very hard to win pvp ( i am a legendary Pyromancer) Does any of you have advice for winning pvp every time? for a fire wizard? Because I always have to go against a Warlord who ALWAYS shields......... Also the ones who shield and attack at the same time...... Hackers too............... So please please please please help me, advice that can help me get up to a commander

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
spyrogirl30 wrote:
Ok so I try very hard to win pvp ( i am a legendary Pyromancer) Does any of you have advice for winning pvp every time? for a fire wizard? Because I always have to go against a Warlord who ALWAYS shields......... Also the ones who shield and attack at the same time...... Hackers too............... So please please please please help me, advice that can help me get up to a commander

I am a warlord fire (rank 1312), and i could help you become warlord in just one day! Not too many people like to talk strategy on this blog, but i'll try to help you
First off, pvp isnt just about having the right strategy, but it is also about having the right spells. If you didnt learn did spells them i suggest you buy back your training points.
Tower shield, satyr, conviction, vengeance, infection, life dispels, shields from every single school, elemental blades
You will NOT need any kinda of polymorph spells! they are useless, and I have NOT met a single person above the rank of knight who uses them in pvp.

If you dont have the spells i suggested, then now you need to have the right strategy. You fight each school differently.

Ice: most, if not all, fire use the hound strategy against them. Meaning you blade, use vengeance and garg hound at full pip or close to, then you follow it by a link or another hound, or a fire elf.

Life: pretty much same strategy, or use may use efreet. a good pvper will know when to switch strategy during the match if the situation requires it. Especially when it comes to life, you may think you've won with a fully loaded critical hound, then BOOM triage! so watch out for that.

Balance: You could use hound, or efreet. It depends if you have first hand or not, and your opponent's strategy.

Death: same as the above.

Myth: this is is a tricky one. It will again depend on who you're fighting. Some myth are very defensive and will take time to attack, which will give you more time. Some will be very aggressive! again, a good pvper cope with the situation.

Fire: same as myth! But if you suspect your opponent is one who's also going to hound, then you might want to go with the efreet strategy, especially if you go second.

Storm: I personally have never used hound against a storm. Most storm nowadays dont give you time to even efreet. They start spamming bolt, and believe me they get VERY lucky with it. So using hound would mean suicide, I usually use efreet or phoenix(garg) or sunbird(garg) against them.

Now here's the thing to remember about strategy. It should be flexible, and depending on the situation. There isnt just a hound and an efreet strategy. There are so many more that are more succesful. (sorry i wont share them on here ;) But as you get better you will develop your own, trust me!
Now go out there, win some matches and make Professor Falmea (and all the fire students) PROUD! :-)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
doudjy wrote:
spyrogirl30 wrote:

I am a warlord fire (rank 1312), and i could help you become warlord in just one day! Not too many people like to talk strategy on this blog, but i'll try to help you
First off, pvp isnt just about having the right strategy, but it is also about having the right spells. If you didnt learn did spells them i suggest you buy back your training points.
Tower shield, satyr, conviction, vengeance, infection, life dispels, shields from every single school, elemental blades
You will NOT need any kinda of polymorph spells! they are useless, and I have NOT met a single person above the rank of knight who uses them in pvp.

If you dont have the spells i suggested, then now you need to have the right strategy. You fight each school differently.

Ice: most, if not all, fire use the hound strategy against them. Meaning you blade, use vengeance and garg hound at full pip or close to, then you follow it by a link or another hound, or a fire elf.

Life: pretty much same strategy, or use may use efreet. a good pvper will know when to switch strategy during the match if the situation requires it. Especially when it comes to life, you may think you've won with a fully loaded critical hound, then BOOM triage! so watch out for that.

Balance: You could use hound, or efreet. It depends if you have first hand or not, and your opponent's strategy.

Death: same as the above.

Myth: this is is a tricky one. It will again depend on who you're fighting. Some myth are very defensive and will take time to attack, which will give you more time. Some will be very aggressive! again, a good pvper cope with the situation.

Fire: same as myth! But if you suspect your opponent is one who's also going to hound, then you might want to go with the efreet strategy, especially if you go second.

Storm: I personally have never used hound against a storm. Most storm nowadays dont give you time to even efreet. They start spamming bolt, and believe me they get VERY lucky with it. So using hound would mean suicide, I usually use efreet or phoenix(garg) or sunbird(garg) against them.

Now here's the thing to remember about strategy. It should be flexible, and depending on the situation. There isnt just a hound and an efreet strategy. There are so many more that are more succesful. (sorry i wont share them on here ;) But as you get better you will develop your own, trust me!
Now go out there, win some matches and make Professor Falmea (and all the fire students) PROUD! :-)

Dang I do all this, I get to knight and then lose it in a few matches when I'm so close to captain :-(

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
spyrogirl30 wrote:
Ok so I try very hard to win pvp ( i am a legendary Pyromancer) Does any of you have advice for winning pvp every time?

Sure:

1. make a new storm character
2. get him/her to level 6
3. load up your treasure cards with Monsterous enchants
4. start pvping. enchant every attack.

No not level until you have reached the rank you want to be and have all the PVP gear you want to get

make sure you get pvp gear as fast as possible. This includes the ring and athame. It makes it much, much easier to pvp with that gear.

Avoid pvp at levels higher than 15

You'll win 95% of the time if you do the above.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Er....

There's no "right" way to win. Do whatever you think. Think before you accept the match, one your in it, there's no going back. As a Commander I suggest get a life, storm, and ice friend and 4v4. But check Wizard101 Central for guides, and you can switch em' up a bit.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
Ty everyone! this advice will definitely be handy for me :