Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shatter

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I know earthquake is no longer removing stun shield but I want to know if things like shatter or pierce will remove them still?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
It doesn't remove Stun Shield? Why? That makes no sense.

Just to balance out the duels. If earthquake removes Stun Shields, then you can form a PvP team that is unstoppable. If you put together a fire wizard (the stunner), a storm wizard (the damage inflicker), and myth (shield remover), then you can nonstop stun the other wizards and kill them. If earthquake was granted the ability to get rid of stun shields then no one will join PvP duels.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

It used to, up until May.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Just to balance out the duels. If earthquake removes Stun Shields, then you can form a PvP team that is unstoppable. If you put together a fire wizard (the stunner), a storm wizard (the damage inflicker), and myth (shield remover), then you can nonstop stun the other wizards and kill them. If earthquake was granted the ability to get rid of stun shields then no one will join PvP duels.

Are you kidding me? I'm so done with PvP.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
HooVooLoo wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

It used to, up until May.

Neither Shatter or Pierce will remove a stun shield. While the effect removal from Earthquake was to prevent group chain stunning, I assume Shatter and Pierce restrictions are to prevent a single player or NPC from becoming locked down.

The Stun shield addition was to prevent multiple Stun spells from being used over and over without any actions from the stunee. However, if you blast Choke, Stun, Blinding Light in combination with Pierce or Shatter you still get the same effect. I believe KI intends for multiple stuns to be used to remove the shields since that creates at least one turn where the stunee can do something (like stun shield).