Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

False reports are getting out of hand!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
I understand the report button is to report bad behavior but the false reports are getting out of hand.
I was in bazaar for a while, like 20 min or so when out of the blue i got reported not like there was others in the bazaar to miss click me there was only 2 other people one with closed chat and a Britney with open chat, anyways, this is not the first time i have been false reported either, it is out of hand and it is really annoying and stressful.
My own cousin told me about someone she witness, how some girl false reporting her friend 3 times cause she was bored that girl said so in talk, my cousin didn't take a screen shot but she told me about it.
Anyways i just want to be sure KI will not ban me or something like that for a false report. can one of the professors please respond to calm my nerves please,

thank you.

Administrator
This is covered in our Frequently Asked Questions section of the Message Board:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assesses the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions (such as muting or banning) and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just as egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
If you truly have been false reported you have nothing to worry about. Keeping on questing. Those wizards are only getting Mr. Lincoln mad (for all the wasted time) and he will take care of them.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Put simply:

If they report you, and you did something wrong, you're in trouble.

If they report you, and you didn't do anything wrong, they're in trouble.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
I get false reports all the time but I never worry about them because, I never go around the filter to say anything. I also got open chat because I am really bad at spelling. But I guess that beside the point lol.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you never use foul language or go around the filter to use it. Then you have nothing to worry about. So calm down and enjoy the game. People It seems dont care about there account. Or are just bored then they report people just to try to get them angry.

I am glad Professor Greyrose answered you. While there are a good number of issues they will ignore or simply refuse to take care of. This is one thing they do stay on top of. And that I am thankful for. :)

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
This is covered in our Frequently Asked Questions section of the Message Board:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assesses the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions (such as muting or banning) and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just as egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

Thats a relief. Aside fom randon report notifications, oddly enough when I have just logged in and afk, but also in retaliation to when I report someone for a legit infraction: harrassment, foul language, following me around begging for gifts. Honestly, the false reporting has become more of a cause of anxiety than I expected, considering I pay for my account yearly.

- Rowan GhostRider, Balance

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
all i did was delete someone cause he was getting annoying, and he reported me! :(

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
colagada wrote:
Put simply:

If they report you, and you did something wrong, you're in trouble.

If they report you, and you didn't do anything wrong, they're in trouble.

Completely Agreed.

Also, please dont let this get to you. Its nothing bad, as said on my reply And plus, its going this way:

"If they report you, and you didnt do anything wrong, theyre in trouble."

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Ecramer wrote:
all i did was delete someone cause he was getting annoying, and he reported me! :(

A lot of people did that to me too. I befriended some low levels, only to find them teleporting to me when I'm fighting Malistaire or some other high level boss. I'm not minding them for joining my duel, but I changed my mind on what they do in the duel with me. They waste my Feint on Blood Bats and wand spells, and always ask for healing. And they right away report me when I de-friend them. So now whenever a low level tries to befriend me, they will find themselves with a "No".

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i merely say you have made a false report
now you are going to have problems with Mr Lincoln.
Please think before making reports..
you could loose your membership and be ban.

i get apologies and asked how can i fix it
i tell them you will have to wait .
till they say something .
but your now tagged

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
norr4687 wrote:
I get false reports all the time but I never worry about them because, I never go around the filter to say anything. I also got open chat because I am really bad at spelling. But I guess that beside the point lol.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you never use foul language or go around the filter to use it. Then you have nothing to worry about. So calm down and enjoy the game. People It seems dont care about there account. Or are just bored then they report people just to try to get them angry.

I am glad Professor Greyrose answered you. While there are a good number of issues they will ignore or simply refuse to take care of. This is one thing they do stay on top of. And that I am thankful for. :)
thank you because they really are becoming annoying all the false reports