Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why can't my pets have good abilities?!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 17, 2010
Ok, a few weeks ago, I hatched my wraith with a sea dragon with awesome abilities, then I trained my new wraith right away and it got bad talents.
Why is this happening!?

P.S. This has happend with ALL of my pets :-(

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
FDrybob wrote:
Ok, a few weeks ago, I hatched my wraith with a sea dragon with awesome abilities, then I trained my new wraith right away and it got bad talents.
Why is this happening!?

its all luck ya only get 4 out of 10 so the rest of your talents might have been really good but ya got the bad talents instead

only thing to do is keep training until ya get a really good pet

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
it's just genetic. It happens to everyone. I got lucky with my scarecrow, who got oil slick and spritely at teen, and i hatched with a kraken and got a stormcaller on the first try. Just keep trying and you'll get it.

Historian
May 28, 2009
FDrybob wrote:
Why is this happening!?

No one knows. You can see on Wizard101 wiki to see what talents your pet can give you. Some times, the ability it gives are random, it might not give everything. See the common, uncommon and rare on the ability chart? It's by luck what ability will be used. Like my dragon pet have all these ability charting but only about 5 of them are used.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
I'm a Storm Wizard with an Epic Sea Dragon. I got pretty lucky in the talents I got, but would like to swap one of the talents.

120 Life bonus (awesome for Storm)
6% damage bonus (pretty good to have, but would trade for accuracy)
5% intelligence (awesome for all classes)
Pierce Monger Card (haven't used it at all yet)

I saw someone else with a Sea Dragon who had a 5% (or maybe 6%) accuracy bonus instead of a damage bonus. I don't really care much about pets themselves...I am more interested in their talents, not appearance.

What's the best way for me to get a pet that gives a health bonus and accuracy bonus. These are the two things my Storm Wizard lacks the most. Is hatching going to help me, or do I just need to wait and get a rare drop?

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
gavpav2002 wrote:
I'm a Storm Wizard with an Epic Sea Dragon. I got pretty lucky in the talents I got, but would like to swap one of the talents.

120 Life bonus (awesome for Storm)
6% damage bonus (pretty good to have, but would trade for accuracy)
5% intelligence (awesome for all classes)
Pierce Monger Card (haven't used it at all yet)

I saw someone else with a Sea Dragon who had a 5% (or maybe 6%) accuracy bonus instead of a damage bonus. I don't really care much about pets themselves...I am more interested in their talents, not appearance.

What's the best way for me to get a pet that gives a health bonus and accuracy bonus. These are the two things my Storm Wizard lacks the most. Is hatching going to help me, or do I just need to wait and get a rare drop?

It is all luck when training. The best way to try and get these is to hatch. You will get 2 traits from each parent pet. And the odds of getting one specific trait that only one pet has is 50%, it is also 50% to get a trait you don't want.

Since the pet you have has the health bonus your best bet is to hatch your pet with one that has the accuracy bonus and health bonus. This increases the odds of getting the health bonus again and with luck you will get the accuracy bonus.