Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To avoid level cap complaints w/the new world

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 13, 2011
There is a way for KI to do so rather (I assume) easily. Assuming that KI IS raising the level cap to 70 with the next major expansion, all they have to do to clear all the misery is design it with all the previous quests in mind.

That is, with all quests in the game combined, story and side quests, the XP adds up to some arbitrary number. For the sake of this idea, let's say it all adds up to level 63 1/2.

If that is the case, then with the new world, design all the quests so the total number will equal turning level 70. And if you make it so every quest in the game must be completed to reach level 70, people will not be able to complain about missing content because of a level cap.

Granted, there would be some overlap depending on how many mobs a person has killed to get to level 70. But the idea is the same.

For people who have already "lost" XP by, say, finishing WW or Helephant tower, you could apply the XP from those quests retroactivley, since you guys know how much XP all the quests with all the current worlds add up to. I reckon' each character has a flag informing the game engine which quests were completed while level 60, time/date stamps, realm info, etc etc.

In the interim, KI could implement an XP overflow queue where at level 60 the XP flows into escrow, with the above-mentioned retroaactive XP added in, and when the cap is raised people can choose to hit the button marked "Apply extra XP to character?" if they desire.

Seems logical, yes? Will they do it? I hope so. I can't find any flaws with the idea, provided they do have the flags I mentioned. If they don't, all of the above is not possible, as each part in pieces would not be fair on a global player-base scale.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
HooVooLoo wrote:
Seems logical, yes? Will they do it? I hope so. I can't find any flaws with the idea, provided they do have the flags I mentioned. If they don't, all of the above is not possible, as each part in pieces would not be fair on a global player-base scale.

Sorry, but that doesn't actually work because there is far too many Experience Points in the spiral as it is right now. Wintertusk, if done at level 40 is worth 12 Levels! With everything said and done, KingsIsle has already stated that All XP completed after the Level Cap is lost, and when a new world comes out with a new level cap there will be More than enough XP in just the new world to hit the new Cap before the end of the World, if you do all the side quests. They don't have any flags set for 'If' a quest is completed before or after hitting the XP Cap.

As much as the Cappers like to whine and complain, there will forever be a huge overabundance of XP, especially with Side Worlds coming out as Lateral Content. Yes, we all want more Vertical Content, but Lateral Content can be just as fun, for the sake of the quests and the enjoyment of what is there.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Not to mention that if they did that, do you know how many wizards would come on to the forums asking/complaining that they cannot find that one quest that grants 300 xp to finally move the bar 70.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Let's not forget that crafting gives XP too. So with this suggestion, everyone would be required to do crafting to get level 70. Also, since Briskbreeze, Warehouse, Waterworks, and Helephant Tower gives XP, those would become required areas to beat to get to 70.