Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

For those who want to enter an instance alone

AuthorMessage
Adherent
May 20, 2010
Apologies if this has been suggested before.

There are times when a wizard wants to go into an instance alone, the most obvious being when trying to rejoin a group. If others are hopping on the sigil, too, then it's may take a long time--- or one may jump on at the last second and create a new instance, making it impossible for the first wizard to rejoin the group.

My solution is to add an option to go in alone. The simplest way that I can think of is to have the "Z" key available to go in alone. For example, when arriving at a sigil, this menu shows:

"Waterworks
Press X to Enter in 10 seconds
Press Z to go in alone."

Pressing "Z" bypasses the sigil and sends the wizard in alone.

This would seem to solve a lot of problems without creating any of consequence. It could be offered on all sigils or selectively on the harder instances.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
colagada wrote:
Apologies if this has been suggested before.

There are times when a wizard wants to go into an instance alone, the most obvious being when trying to rejoin a group. If others are hopping on the sigil, too, then it's may take a long time--- or one may jump on at the last second and create a new instance, making it impossible for the first wizard to rejoin the group.

My solution is to add an option to go in alone. The simplest way that I can think of is to have the "Z" key available to go in alone. For example, when arriving at a sigil, this menu shows:

"Waterworks
Press X to Enter in 10 seconds
Press Z to go in alone."

Pressing "Z" bypasses the sigil and sends the wizard in alone.

This would seem to solve a lot of problems without creating any of consequence. It could be offered on all sigils or selectively on the harder instances.

Great idea!!

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
What a great idea! I hope KI seriously considers this idea. Megan

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Delver
Aug 13, 2010
colagada, this is probably the greatest idea I've seen in a long time. I can't tell you how many times I want to do an instance alone, but a low level or non-chat, or just an obnoxious wizard joins. Thanks! Great Idea. :P

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
It's so simple, it's brilliant! Why is there no 'thumbs up' emoticon? Well, pretend i inserted one. -eli and crew

Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
This wouldn't work. If you go in alone, it would turn into a solo, which some wizards like to do. Did you ever think that a random wizard might hit that then go in solo, and then it may glitch him into a different instance? It sounds like a good idea but may have problems attached to it.

Thoughts?

Jason 8)

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Excellent idea Colagoda! I am sick of people jumping in with me at the last second. This will happen on every new instance KI releases, and I think this is a great way to get around that.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
thats a good idea though you could always leave and re-enter but I understand that takes valued time to do. but you must also consider that sometimes you can't port to your friends in certain dungeons. not sure why but it happens, an example would be the archive tower in marleybone where you have to fight the bug-wraith to get the key to celestia. I still can't beat the boss in that one. but anyway, my friends and I went to do that one a few times and everytime we would have to leave and re-enter cause we'd get split up even though we went in one the same sigil and we couldn't port to each other.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Excellent suggestion! And by the way, glad you decided to stick around a bit longer Colagada, your insights are always appreciated.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
:
etherchaos wrote:
It's so simple, it's brilliant! Why is there no 'thumbs up' emoticon? Well, pretend i inserted one. -eli and crew

there is! Type :thumb up: and it will work!
(no space between tumb&up)

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
i would like this! it would be most helpful, but what about the people who try to get on too? would they go in a seperate instance?

Explorer
May 02, 2010
good idea as there are several reasons, as previously stated that this would make many wizards lives less frustrating.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Dear KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc.®

Please implement colagada's idea ASAP.

Sincerely yours,

Everyone