Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spritely. Yep

AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Solstice,

I have seen you, for a long time, here on the message boards... Most of the time, you post reasonable and good requests...

However, somehow, you got off track with the spritely issue...

I am sorry, but there are a great many things that need to be fixed rather than KI worried about Pets in PvP, rather than the whole concept of PvP...

PvP is great for Legendaries, but PvP is so broken for lower levels that it is not even funny...

How about we get some real fixes first, before we even try and complain about a great talent that is for everyone, rather than try and fix something to make a few, very minor portion of the PvP players, happy...

I am sorry, if some of you PvP players, are not good enough to beat someone that has a pet with the Spritely Talent...

I can give you a few suggestions... Blades, blades, more blades, then traps, traps, and more traps... The more blades and traps you have, the more damage you can do... Did you know, every school can do over 1 million damage on their own? Sorry, but if every school can do that much damage, I don't see how another player, with a pet that has the spritely talent, and at max 4000 health, can survive!

I don't struggle with spritely, I don't even think its a big deal in pvp, I am just posting my opinion on it as that's what this topic is about. Though there is one big problem with sprite, how much time it steals. Honestly, I think KI should take away the animation and make it look like helping hands (this would only effect the pet talent, not the card sprite.)

-Solstice64

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
classact21 wrote:
So I don't like it, but I understand the concept of spritely and using pets to gain an edge in battle.

But when a teen sea dragon casts spritely 3 times in a row.... I have a serious issue with that.
They try so hard to balance pvp and provide something to players that isn't the same map layouts and quests with a couple words swapped out for each new world, and I appreciate that. Because that gets really old, really really fast.

All i'm requesting is that there be a grace period in which your pet will not spam the spell every round. Maybe make it wait until the first HoT falls off? Groundbreaking, I know. >.>

I can't even think about dropping a DoT on someone with a sea dragon, because the second I do, its spritely -> spritely -> spritely. Without using the players pips, turns, or cards.
This is unacceptable; being punished for using damage over time spells in my strategy. Just because KI wants an extra 20$ in their pocket? Are you kidding me?

Maybe if they weakened a pets sprite, since its not even a wizard, and we apparently have to go to school to master magic. These things are better than half of the players who have them.

What kind of person does it take to think that unlimited self heals costing absolutely nothing from the player is fair? One that sees 20$ in their pocket for every Sea dragon in the spiral, thats who.

How do I out-damage 300+ health a round, every round, for the entire battle?
I can't set up a 1 hit kill, because while their pet is winning for them, they can just ward/tower/heal themselves. And this is exactly what they do, since most don't know strategy.
I would run out of cards long before that sea dragon would ever stop casting sprite, and it was my understanding that pvp wasn't about turtling up until your opponent gives up or runs out of cards. I guess I could be wrong, and in that case ignore this post.

I don't care if you are so bad that you need this tactic to win. Its pathetic and if that's what it takes for you to feel a little self worth then all i feel for you is pity.

Don't want to make a grace period? Limit the number of times it can cast it. Even if it the cap is set at 8 sprites, at least its not unlimited self heals. Seriously KI, fire that guy if you haven't already. Or provide some justification to how this balances anything other than your checkbooks.

they said they made the talent happen less ok
guess what i am getting nothing from mine so the talent isnt the problem
its the luck of the player and if your opponent gets it 3 times in a row its his or her lucky day ok

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:

I don't struggle with spritely, I don't even think its a big deal in pvp, I am just posting my opinion on it as that's what this topic is about. Though there is one big problem with sprite, how much time it steals. Honestly, I think KI should take away the animation and make it look like helping hands (this would only effect the pet talent, not the card sprite.)

-Solstice64

Now, I can agree, spritely can take up a bit of time, but hey, it's a game, all spells take up time...

What I will say is this, when it comes to some of the towers in this game and the cheating bosses, that hit you every round or every other round, it is great to have that pet that will heal you and help keep you alive...

So much so, that who cares if you have to wait while the pets cast the talent, because you are darn sure happy that they are!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It amazes me at how classless and coarse some of you can be. The opening poster made a point. It's possible to disagree without being rude and mean.
-----------

I don't PvP, and the Spritely talent annoys me, not so much because it heals the caster as the fact that it triggers repeatedly, constantly interrupting the battle and wasting time. I did Waterworks with three wizards who EACH had a pet with Spritely. It got so annoying that they decided to remove their pets after Luska and didn't re-equip them until we got to Sylster and company.

I don't see what skill there is in using a pet that heals you, in making mega-treasure-cards and using them, or in crafting high-spec equipment and wearing it. I'll concede that hard work and research is needed, but beating up enemies who didn't have these things would get very old in a hurry.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
colagada wrote:
It amazes me at how classless and coarse some of you can be. The opening poster made a point. It's possible to disagree without being rude and mean.
-----------

I don't PvP, and the Spritely talent annoys me, not so much because it heals the caster as the fact that it triggers repeatedly, constantly interrupting the battle and wasting time. I did Waterworks with three wizards who EACH had a pet with Spritely. It got so annoying that they decided to remove their pets after Luska and didn't re-equip them until we got to Sylster and company.

I don't see what skill there is in using a pet that heals you, in making mega-treasure-cards and using them, or in crafting high-spec equipment and wearing it. I'll concede that hard work and research is needed, but beating up enemies who didn't have these things would get very old in a hurry.

Exactly!

Explorer
May 12, 2010
colagada wrote:
-----------

You are correct, it is possible to disagree and not be mean, or rude, unfortunately, even you seem to lack the ability!

Most people like the spritely talent and want it, some, very few, but some, complain about it, because:

1. They don't have this talent on their pet.
2. They want to brag about this talent takes no skill.
3. Because they cant win in PvP.
4. Because spritely takes a little more time out of their lives.

There are what, 3 people in all of these posts that have talked bad about the spritely talent.

Colagada, Solstice, and the original Op.

At least the original Op knew when to back down.