Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What spells would you change?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Of all the spells in the game, if you could take one from each school, change it, or remove it from the game, which spells would they be?

If you are going to change it, how would you change it?
If you are going to remove it, why do you want it removed?

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Of all the spells in the game, if you could take one from each school, change it, or remove it from the game, which spells would they be?

If you are going to change it, how would you change it?
If you are going to remove it, why do you want it removed?

I would love to change it so that the Enchanted Damage booster cards could be used to enchant Heals as well, so they would read + x Damage / Heal.

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I would love to see the old Wild Bolt back. I used to use it quite a bit but since the change I don't. It is fairly useless now.
Other than that, I would like to see myth get a healing spell. They do not have particularly high health, damage or accuracy and you can't rely on the minions to heal you. Storm doesn't heal either, but they can usually finish a battle a bit faster that myth.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
natenkate wrote:
I would love to see the old Wild Bolt back. I used to use it quite a bit but since the change I don't. It is fairly useless now.
Other than that, I would like to see myth get a healing spell. They do not have particularly high health, damage or accuracy and you can't rely on the minions to heal you. Storm doesn't heal either, but they can usually finish a battle a bit faster that myth.

Myth has Fire-Quality health, and their Waterworks armor has Fire Accuracy and Ice Resist. Myth is the ultimate Level 60 gear wizard as they walk out of waterworks with all 3 pieces of Trickster gear totaling the following:
Myth Level 60
Health - 227 + 352 + 120 = 699
Accuracy - 6 + 8 + 5 = 19% All
Resist - 11 + 12 + 8 = 31% All
Crit - 65 + 34 = 99 Myth
Damage - 15 + 18 + 14 = 47% +12% from level 56 Wintertusk Myth Athame/Ring = +59% Myth
In Heal - 6 + 5 + 5 = 16%
Block - 13 + 27 = 40 All

Combine that with the fact myth does have a healing spell (Siphon Health) which sacrifices a Minion or Henchman to gain 400 health at the cost of 1 pip (Sacrificial Golems!), and they don't need another healing spell.

Also, Storm doesn't need the Old Wildbolt back. With their gear they get a 22%+ Boost in Accuracy, add that to a 30% Unstoppable, and throw an Infallible into the mix and you have nearly 80% chance to hit. There are ways to get over 100% chance to hit with it also.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
I wouldn't change a spell I would the old Discontinued Balance spell back Dampen Magic!
That would be a true Balance spell. Balance Is sapposed to be able to alter the rules a bit and that would definitley alter them. It would also help with unfair matches in PVP. Imagine being level 5-10 and going up against a 20-30 and BOOM you throw down a Dampen Magic! Now they will have to use rank 3 or lower spells and no fear of zillas!

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Remove Doom and Gloom or change it so that it reduces everyone's healing ability while boosting death's attack at the same time.

Allow damage enchantment cards to be used on healing cards to boost the heal.

Remove taunt from Snow Angel and replace it with a Weakness or possibly a Black mantle. Taunt does very little in the major bass battles, the bosses seem able to ignore it. Besides more often than not, with a properly bladed Snow Angel, the enemy isn't going to live that long anyway.

Remove Stun from Medusa, it's not effective on bosses anyway. Replace it with Weakness or Black Mantle.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
1. I would change Doom and Gloom into a damage attack, becaue death people are doing nothing except hurting other people a little bit but also hurting themselves when they cast it because their heals become weak. I would do about a +25-35% damage. Although I heard that the red ghost gives a card like this...

I would also change Snow angel, but just a little bit. I remember how many people commenting on its lack of legs and the taunt is worthless unless you need to take the damage from the other monsters (No affect in pvp). After all, they do give you a card called "Distract" and "Taunt" to do just that. Even a stum would be better.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
shrukain wrote:
1. I would change Doom and Gloom into a damage attack, becaue death people are doing nothing except hurting other people a little bit but also hurting themselves when they cast it because their heals become weak. I would do about a +25-35% damage. Although I heard that the red ghost gives a card like this...

I would also change Snow angel, but just a little bit. I remember how many people commenting on its lack of legs and the taunt is worthless unless you need to take the damage from the other monsters (No affect in pvp). After all, they do give you a card called "Distract" and "Taunt" to do just that. Even a stum would be better.

That's the point of Doom and Gloom, to provide the Death wizard healing, but limiting all others. If you are using life heals with Doom and Gloom as a Death wizard, then yes you are hurting yourself, but that is not how the spell is suppose to be used. It is suppose to be used in combination with Drain spells. With current bosses, this spell is really only good in PvP. You are correct about the Red Ghost giving a spell like that.

Snow Angel is the ultimate Taunt/Distract. Much better than them too. Since it is doing damage and taunting it almost ensures your team is not getting attacked. Taunt/Distract are only good for initial aggro, not for maintaining it. Yes, the spell is worthless in PvP, but see Doom and Gloom above. There are some spells good for PvE and some good for PvP. I suspect some are not designed for universal use.

I'm not trying to shoot your idea down (everyone is entitled to their opinions), just explaning another side to those spells.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Power Nova: I would increase its base attack by 75 points.

storm shark: damage over time spell and increase its damage by 50 points

Minotaur: Increase the second attack from 445 to 480

Earthquake: I would switch the effects if the spell so that it hits only after everything is removed from the enemies. This way, it cannot be blocked at all. if myth is going to have such a low 6 pip attack spell that has tricky side effects, it would be nice to have it be a spell that cant be blocked.

Talos: remove the boost and resist traits that were applied to this minion

Feint: I would patch up the -30% trap on self from being removed by pierce and shatter.

Fire dragon: I would increase its damage over time trait by 100 and reduce its initial hit by 100. This way half of the dragons damage isn't lost by the first shield.

Cyclops minion: Have it shield more frequently

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
Fire dragon: I would increase its damage over time trait by 100 and reduce its initial hit by 100. This way half of the dragons damage isn't lost by the first shield.

I actually agree with this comment. It seems a little unfair that Ice has this ability, but Fire (the master of DoTs, does not). To me, the spell design for Snow Angel and Fire Dragon should have been switched. Fire should do less on the front end and more on the back end. While Ice would be reverse. Ice can already Steal Ward (to remove those pesky shields) and it only seems natural that a Steal Ward that steals from all enemies would be given to them in the future (although we are blending Myth responsibilities at this point).

I don't know, maybe the theory for Fire is more stacking of DoTs???? That's why Fire Dragon works the way it does????

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
i would change the minotuar spell to be taught by all schools with three attack 1.: 52 damage
attack 2: 100
attack 3: 150

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009