Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Damage miscalculation

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
I hatched an Icebrd, and when it became an epic pet, it got ice giver, spiritly,
spell proof and pain giver. But when i equiped it, my damage was one less than what it should be. it should be 57 but instead it's 56, if you think i did the math wrong, here is what i have equipped:

Frostbit Hood (12%)
Frostbit Cape (14%)
Frostbit Boots(8%)
Garnet bear Claw(6%)
Aureate Band(5%)
IceBird(6%+6%)
------------------
Total 57%

Someone explain it to me! (but at least my resist is good at 43%)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
This sort of problem has happened before where a pet says it should add such an ammount and the character sheet stats don't display the bonusses correctly. Wizards101 typically says that it still plays correctly even if it doesn't display correctly. Its good of you to point out such display issues to them, as I'm sure they will get around to them when made aware.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Yea, I was actually aware of that, but it actually plays as 56% too. :(

I tried a snow angel, witch does 100 damage on the first hit, so if it was 57% not 56%, it would do 157 damage on the first hit., but it did 156 damage. This means that it really is not correct, and not just displayed correctly.
I now how a lexicon blade instead of the garnet bear claw, so now i should have 58% ice damage, but i have 57% instead, and it really only gets boosted 57% in combat when it really should get 58%

Ethan Frostblade, lvl 60 Thaumaturge.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
Yes, I get really confused when I look at somebody's stats that are at, say, 45%, and then see gear that SHOULD give them 60% or so. It's really confusing, but the damage typically still works even if it sayd it doesn't.