Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crown shop henchmen

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 30, 2010
i had 5 people just today ask how to get henchmen can you plz state on here how to use henchmen cause you think there be an icon that says you can buy them in crown shop or something

Administrator
Henchmen are hired Wizards that help you in a duel and they can only be purchased while you are in combat.

They will come to your aid and behave similar to your Minion, only stronger and smarter.

They will act in the same round that they are summoned by the player, and will disappear once the duel has ended.

Henchmen can only be purchased with Crowns as they shortcut the gameplay, and again, they can only be purchased while you are currently active in a duel.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
May 20, 2010
Click on the Crowns Shop logo in the upper left of the screen while in battle. The Henchman tab is the second one from the right. There are Henchman in all seven schools, ranging from level 20 to level 60. The level of the Henchman is the price in Crowns paid for their services for that battle. You can hire as many Henchmen as there are spaces on your side of the battle circle.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Molly is correct. I couldn't find anything in the Player Guide about Henchmen either.

Molly,

I'm not sure how to tell them in-game, but Wizard101 Central has a guide on using henchmen:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29756

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
colagada wrote:
Click on the Crowns Shop logo in the upper left of the screen while in battle. The Henchman tab is the second one from the right. There are Henchman in all seven schools, ranging from level 20 to level 60. The level of the Henchman is the price in Crowns paid for their services for that battle. You can hire as many Henchmen as there are spaces on your side of the battle circle.

Just want to add a little extra to hiring henchman. Be aware of using them in some quests. In particular, if there's ever a mention that the bad guy's cheat then get your friends to help. I learned this the hard way. Tried to do a quest in the low 50's that takes you back to Colossus Blvd. Meteor shower was used on me and my henchman I hired. It took us all out in one shot. And no, there are no refunds. So when a quest giver says they will cheat, they mean it. Get friends, not the henchman.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Henchmen are hired Wizards that help you in a duel and they can only be purchased while you are in combat.

They will come to your aid and behave similar to your Minion, only stronger and smarter.

They will act in the same round that they are summoned by the player, and will disappear once the duel has ended.

Henchmen can only be purchased with Crowns as they shortcut the gameplay, and again, they can only be purchased while you are currently active in a duel.

Yeah, henchmen are just like very advanced minions. If you want to win a very hard quest like Sunken City or Waterworks, rely on henchmen, not those worthless minions.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Great info folks, but the issue is that this information only exists in the forums, not in the player guide or even in the game's tutorial. The problem is getting new players to understand the concept of Henchmen, without coming to the forums.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If the idea was to put an article about Henchmen in the Player Guide, then perhaps that should have been posted in The Dorms.

I didn't even know that Henchmen existed until my Life Wizard had finished Dragonspyre.

Perhaps if KingsIsle realizes that they can generate more revenue if players are made better-aware of Henchmen, they'll put it in the Player's Guide.