Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change name, and change appearance

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think players should be able to change their character's names the same way in which players can change their pets' names. I would also like a beauty shop that lets player's dye their hair and change their eye color and the like (since we can do this type of thing in real life if we really want to, I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to do these things in the game too).

Survivor
May 13, 2010
I think that is a fantastic idea - to be able to change hair color and eye color.
It would also be great to be able to change the hairstyle as well.

I also like the idea of name-changing, but that could be a problem. It might cause issues with your friends list. If the name is changed, will they automatically be removed? OR if they change their name and still remain on your list ... how will you recognize who they are?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1st idea: I'm not sure; as much as I like the idea, I don't see it being integrated into the game.

2nd Idea: This idea has been proposed so many times, and it's a good idea. Where is it, KI?

Administrator
We understand a players desire to change their appearance, believe we have been listening. We like the idea too, but we're still looking at whether or not the benefits would outweigh the extensive amount of design, programming and art work it would take.

As for changing a Wizard's name, we have already addressed this several times on the message boards. Once you have chosen a name, it cannot be changed, ever. You are free to create a new Wizard and choose the new name more carefully, but we will not be allowing players to change their Wizard's name.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jul 28, 2009
professer greyrose is right and plus it will screw up your friends idea who you are

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
We understand a players desire to change their appearance, believe we have been listening. We like the idea too, but we're still looking at whether or not the benefits would outweigh the extensive amount of design, programming and art work it would take.

As for changing a Wizard's name, we have already addressed this several times on the message boards. Once you have chosen a name, it cannot be changed, ever. You are free to create a new Wizard and choose the new name more carefully, but we will not be allowing players to change their Wizard's name.

I have an idea of how to recognise people who have changed their names or face, if you pull up a persons stats, and roll your coursor over the person's name it will display a window of what they used to look like and what their name was before they changed it or not.

simple?

Hunter LegendWraith level60 necromancer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:

I'm confused; it's not as simple as just letting people re-choose their hair and hair color? Am I missing something?

I thought so, and I completely understand. I just wish I had given my Theurgist a more Life-sounding last name...

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
i would keep my name [Hunter BoomThorn], but i will certainly change my hair color! i, by mistake, made mine blond

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The player problem is this: I and some of my friends have multiple characters from all different times. I have one character named differently from all my other characters and that character is legendary and was created when I first created the account. As such it is harder for my friends to easily identify it with all my others and when I'm on it I am used to being called by my regular name on all my other characters, my friends tend to call me by my regular game name which makes it harder for others to know who they are talking to while generally chatting. One of my friends has a similar issue, except worse cause all of her characters all look the same and have the same name except for one that doesn't look half as good and has a completely diffferent name as her sibling made the character then didn't end up playing the game or the character much at all.

I and my friends would love to be able to change our names to just one common name for all our characters and have one common appearance for them all as it makes things much more simplier.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
AgentDeclan wrote:
i would keep my name [Hunter BoomThorn], but i will certainly change my hair color! i, by mistake, made mine blond
Lol i am death and i made my eyes green it just looks weird.
Mycin DarkHeart Level 60 Death