Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

All mounts available for gold :D

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I love how ki has mad it so u can get then crown houses with gold(including sunken palace which I am saving for :D). I really think we should be able to get all of the mounts through gold. I have never bought crowns in my life and my life wizard has still sufficed. I'm a playing member and I think I should have access to all the mounts just like non subscribing crown players.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2010
Aelita987 wrote:
I love how ki has mad it so u can get then crown houses with gold(including sunken palace which I am saving for :D). I really think we should be able to get all of the mounts through gold. I have never bought crowns in my life and my life wizard has still sufficed. I'm a playing member and I think I should have access to all the mounts just like non subscribing crown players.

Yeah me too. My idea would be (a little off topic) that we can buy crowns with gold or real life money and we can you use crowns to buy stuff. It would also be cool if permanent mounts can be bought with gold.

Who agrees?

Justin Ghostflame level 56 Grandmaster Necromancer

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
well, i certainly agree! i have only bought a total of 10,000 crowns in my wizarding life!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Aelita987 wrote:
I know right. I think subscribers should have the option to buy mounts in gold. I have never bought crowns and don't really plan to. This is a column that should be looked at and put into thought.

Courtney Greenthistle (ice) level 46

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
I too personally agree that Subscribers should be able to purchase all Crowns Items for Gold, even if the cost is 10x Gold as it would cost Crowns (Standard Housing Price Conversion).

Of course, items like the Mastery Amulets should cost 150,000 Gold, in my opinion, to keep them from being spammed across the Spiral, even by Subscribers.

I would however say that the one thing that would have to remain Crowns and not Gold would be Gifting. KingsIsle can't just allow a Subscriber to 'Give Away' items for free to anyone...

Defender
May 31, 2009
Oh my goodness, yes!!

I have wanted the Spritely Seahorse since it came out, but my mom won't buy me crowns. I would love if they converted all mounts to gold as a Member-Only option.

Sabrina, Legendary Thaumaturge

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
I can guarentee that I can't cont on my hands hw manny people have posted an idea like this without having KI in mind.

Kingsisle is a business. Businesses need money in order to operate, pay their employees, make new stuff for us to enjoy, etc.

Making all mounts Gold-available would cause KI to lose a chunk of that revenue that they're using to operate, pay their employees, and make new stuff for us to enjoy.

KI tries its best to keep its players happy, but they have to put themselves into the equation, as well, in the form of Crowns.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Well, buying crowns with gold would majorly lose KI's money for sure. You may think they are money hungry, but the truth is, they have bills to pay, they have to pay to crat new content, they have to pay their employees, and they have to pay for new technolog when something crashes or fails. There is more in the operating base than you know of

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
AgentDeclan wrote:
well, i certainly agree! i have only bought a total of 10,000 crowns in my wizarding life!

Me 2! That same exact #

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
A better way to see this as, is that Ki is a business. A goal of a business is to make money. If you want to have that, then you spend crowns on it.

But, the solution to this could be to buy a special membership that you can customize and add special other perks.

Ex:

20% mega snack drop rate increase (waterworks only)- $2.00 more a month (but of course, it will drop with a larger membership. Maybe saying %20 more would be better, of course the percents are off the original and don't add on from other perks.)

Buying SOME items (selected by kingsisle, and you could click on more info to see what exactly you could buy with gold)- Depends on what all KI would decide to all on this.

etc etc etc

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
SuperGamer777 wrote:
Aelita987 wrote:

Yeah me too. My idea would be (a little off topic) that we can buy crowns with gold or real life money and we can you use crowns to buy stuff. It would also be cool if permanent mounts can be bought with gold.

Who agrees?

Justin Ghostflame level 56 Grandmaster Necromancer
i agree

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
I appreciate that KI wants to make money, but if that were a deciding factor, none of the crown items would be available for gold.

I don't mind the idea of them going to a 'windowing' method, because I do imagine that the mounts are some of their biggest sellers.

For a certain 'window' of time, mounts are crowns only. After that, they gain the 'buy for gold' option. That way they get the initial influx of money from the mounts, they give those of us who are willing to wait (and already have a paid membership) a reward for our loyalty, and they have an in-system drive to continue to develop new mounts.

It wasn't so bad when most or even half the mounts were available in gold, but now you can only buy about a third of the mounts using gold. The wings that have been available for over two years now are still crowns only.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
I Agree And Disagree. ( Read the whole thing, if you are Interested in this topic )

Agree : Kingsisle will get a lot more subscribers, because of the fact that people need to do quests, to get gold, to get mounts. It will make wizard101 a whole lot funner.

Disagree : This is long, and hard to explain.

Crowns give you an opportunity to get extra things. Wizards can get a whole lot of clothing items, and get to grandmaster without crowns ( With membership. ) Making crowns a luxury, and if you can get crown items for gold, then nobody will have to buy crowns, making them not a luxury, so everybody would be middle class, and nobody will have disadvantages and advantages. Which can be taken as a good thing, but some people have bought crowns, and it would be a bit of a waste to have saved up all those times, and now you can just buy those items for free. Many people have said that kingsisle has to pay their workers, and buy equipment, etc. And that is 100% true. I can literly go on, and on about how this is not fair, and i have, but i think i have mostly covered the main things i wanted to say.

In all, i would disagree with this idea, just because the Disadvantages of it seem a lot bigger that the advantages in this idea.