Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WaterWork Mega Snack Solution!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Dear KI,

I am sure you must know by now, that a lot of your customers are very unhappy at the rescent events taking place with Waterworks...

We understand that profit is an issue, however, keeping customers happy is also a very important issue...

Now, I can't speak for everyone, but I will state this idea...

I would rather pay $1 -$2 dollars more a month, per subscription, to always get 1 mega snack again from Luska and then get 2 mega snacks from Sly...

That would be, yes 3 mega snacks every run, which takes more than an hour each run, but would also guarantee a good payoff every run...

This would give Legendaries something to do, until new features are released, this would make customers happy again...

Yes, it might cost us a bit more, but I think most would be willing, if they payout was right...

Think about it...

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Sorry, this wouldn't work as people who don't do the waterworks wouldn't want to pay any extra.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
It would work if it was offered as an enhanced sub with maybe a few other perks.That way customers could choose between no sub,reg sub,or an enhanced sub. Everyone wins.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
It would work if it was offered as an enhanced sub with maybe a few other perks.That way customers could choose between no sub,reg sub,or an enhanced sub. Everyone wins.

Actually, that is a great idea... A regular subscription, as the way it is now, or an advanced subscription where you pay more, but get more perks...

Very interesting Idea!

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
Awesome. I would like that. I would quit my subscription for an advanced one...

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
yes yes advanced subscription yes i like pay more get more perks i would do it how about you

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:

Perfect. That way people that don't want to pay extra don't have to. Here is an idea to through out there, maybe they could get monthly crowns, for example, if its 5 dollars extra. They could get 5 dollars worth of crowns a month, plus whatever other bonuses you get, that way you get more for your money then the regular sub (would entice people to buy it.)

-Solstice64

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:

darthjt-Thanks so much for offering a solution. This is so nice to see and gives KI some excellent feedback. I wish more people would do this rather than blow a gasket.

Pyrsik- I love this idea. It takes a really good idea and makes it even better. I think this would work well by letting people choose what works best for them.

Two thumbs up to both of you! Megan

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
In the various games I've played with advanced subscriptions, those without them and without equal benifits fled and left the game.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
seasnake wrote:
In the various games I've played with advanced subscriptions, those without them and without equal benifits fled and left the game.

Well, there already is, in a way, advanced subscriptions... You can buy your areas, or you can be a subscriber...

If you buy your areas, you dont get the same perks (benifits) you do as a subscriber, you are not on equal terms..

Not even sure if they could write a code to change drops for advanced benefits or not... It is, a suggestion...

However, the crowns idea would be a nice addition, if you did a monthly subscription and got crowns at a discounted price for always purchasing this...

The possibilities are endless... Hard to say, people would just leave! This is not a typical boring MMO!

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I like the idea of an enhanced membership subscription. I currently have a subscription, but also have paid for most of the areas before I bought the subscription. I am strongly considering dropping the subscription because there simply aren't enough benefits to having it. Yes, I like the faster energy, pet hatches, crafting times, and I like being able to carry more in my backpack. But I'm far enough along in the game, that most of those don't matter anymore. I have another account which is pay by area only and I manage just fine with it. However if there were some more significant rewards at a reasonable cost, I would indeed consider an enhanced subscription.

So what might I like to see in an enhanced subscription? Hmm...
1. The ability to buy Crowns Shop mounts, seeds, gear and pets at a reduced crowns rate or with gold. Probably with a monthly limit.

2. The ability to use the second chance chests with gold instead of crowns for a limited number of times per month. And Mega Snacks should always be in the second chance chests!

3. Guaranteed mega snack drops at the major boss battles at the end of each world beginning with Celestia and the Legendary Towers. I do think we should have to work for them. Putting them in lower worlds like the battle with Krokopatra would just encourage abuse with Legendaries farming bosses that were too easy for them. It would be great to reward low level wizards with this too, if you could prevent that type of abuse. Perhaps utilizing guaranteed Mega Snack drops in the second chance chests noted above would help with that problem.

4. One free Energy Elixir per month that can be stored and used at will.

Just a few possiblilities there, and I would not expect all of them to be incorporated. That would probably bump the cost of the enhanced subscription up beyond the point that I would consider a reasonable cost.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
I don't think this a solution that you would really want implemented.

1st your asking KI to charge you more to add back a feature they just took away because they are throwing a tantrum.

2nd. Opens game up to a very bad practice. Every month a new subscription being added for customers to buy back a feature that was already in game that KI randomly removes for no reason.

What about the people who bought areas with crowns is it fair to them.

Like you went out and just bought a HDtv took it home great gets 100 channels. Next day you you turn it on now only gets 50 channels but a message pops up says you can get the other 50 channels back for a small fee. So you do. Ahh back to original great. Another day goes by you turn it on dang only get 60 channels message pops up can get others back for another additional fee . Where would this stop.

People already pay for this free to play online game some with subscriptions, some through crown purchase asking them to pay more to buy back a feature that was already included in game is an insult.

Ki did not remove Snacks over $ issues or crown sales they threw a fit plain and simple why would anyone consider paying extra to support a child's tantrum.

Just a Thought

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
I dont have the extra money for something like this. I do good to aford the price as it is. I also know lots of other people who if they did do this wouldnt be able to afford it either. Although it's a good idea. I would find it unfair since most people wouldn't be able to afford it or would be unable to talk thier parents into spending the extra money for it.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
darthjt wrote:

Think about it...

You assume that K.I. feels subscriptions are more important than selling individual items.

They don't.

If they did, they would have all sorts of incentives to get people to subscribe.

They don't.

What they have are all sorts of individual items that they PREFER you buy piecemeal, including parts of the game.

Why, I have no idea. The better business model is to get your customers to subscribe and automatically pay you every month instead of having to continually convince them to buy new stuff - but perhaps the people running K.I. haven't actually taken any business classes.

Who knows.

Don't hold your breath, however, on getting them to give you ANY enhanced subscription options.

Let me jump in here and say this before K.I. staff does - you want more megasnacks? Buy a pack of them from the crown shop.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
tanda1 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Think about it...

You assume that K.I. feels subscriptions are more important than selling individual items.

They don't.

If they did, they would have all sorts of incentives to get people to subscribe.

They don't.

What they have are all sorts of individual items that they PREFER you buy piecemeal, including parts of the game.

Why, I have no idea. The better business model is to get your customers to subscribe and automatically pay you every month instead of having to continually convince them to buy new stuff - but perhaps the people running K.I. haven't actually taken any business classes.

Who knows.

Don't hold your breath, however, on getting them to give you ANY enhanced subscription options.

Let me jump in here and say this before K.I. staff does - you want more megasnacks? Buy a pack of them from the crown shop.

I am not your typical, uneducated, inpatient customer...

If I want more Mega Snacks and I was going to spend crowns, I am going to buy an Evil Magma Peas, that is a no brainer!

Think about it, you can have 7 quick mega snacks, 4 being rank 8 and 3 being rank 9, or you can have 1 rank 9 mega snack for life!

I think you are missing the point of the entire post!

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
tanda1 wrote:
...but perhaps the people running K.I. haven't actually taken any business classes.

Who knows.

I'll bet their balance sheets would prove that they don't need to take business classes.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
HooVooLoo wrote:
tanda1 wrote:
...but perhaps the people running K.I. haven't actually taken any business classes.

Who knows.

I'll bet their balance sheets would prove that they don't need to take business classes.

I would agree since the owner has been featured on many cable business shows and Wizard101 has consistently beaten it's competitors (young adult/kid MMOs).

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
Oh!! This is a great idea! man I would definitely pay extra for getting mega snacks each run, but i havent beat waterworks yet

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:

Everybody doesn't win. The people who can't afford a higher subscription are put at a disadvantage to those who have deeper pockets. There's already too much of that in the game as it is.

Try this: Pay $2 more per month, and you automatically win a PvP battle against anybody who doesn't also pay $2 more per month.

Or this: You can pay $60 and get a Legendary Wizard with all spells, the best equipment in the game, who's finished every area.

Where does the line get drawn?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
colagada wrote:
Everybody doesn't win. The people who can't afford a higher subscription are put at a disadvantage to those who have deeper pockets. There's already too much of that in the game as it is.

Try this: Pay $2 more per month, and you automatically win a PvP battle against anybody who doesn't also pay $2 more per month.

Or this: You can pay $60 and get a Legendary Wizard with all spells, the best equipment in the game, who's finished every area.

Where does the line get drawn?

A lot of companies and games use a variant of different subs: reg,silver,gold,plat etc. It allows a subscriber to select the option that best fits their needs. While no system is perfect,and there will always be those who find fault in everything,this method will have one of the best chances to appeal to the masses.