Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why would Bartleby help the enemy?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I see a lot of mobs using the rebirth spell and I ask myself to same question each time; they are the enemy, so why would them?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Good question. I guess since spells are neutral (a spell can't be good or bad), and whether they're being used positively or negatively is all in the hands of the caster, it's possible that if a monster summons Bartleby he'll still help them because he's obligated to. I don't know if that makes sense...

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
The rebirth spell isn't Bartleby, it is just a random tree.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
bravevline wrote:
I see a lot of mobs using the rebirth spell and I ask myself to same question each time; they are the enemy, so why would them?

Cause it's a spell?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Nicitas wrote:
8)

Um, no it's not...unless you know another ridiculously large talking tree with an eye missing?

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
its a spell .
and the cast who has it
controls it.

now if only i can control
the total direction of my aim
it would be great

but alas it only goes
across the Battle Pitch

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Nicitas wrote:
8)

Um, no it's not...unless you know another ridiculously large talking tree with an eye missing?
Ok, ok, I was wrong, it is Bartleby. Anyway, maybe because Bartleby helped shape the Spiral, he wants to help all the creatures that live within it, not just the good ones?
:?

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
how about the storm lord and the giant hand in regen spell?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Nicitas wrote:
8)

Oh yes it is Bartleby. Take a good look at it the next time it's used on you. It's always Bartleby.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Nicitas wrote:
8)

Oh yes it is Bartleby. Take a good look at it the next time it's used on you. It's always Bartleby.
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I said I was wrong!
It is Bartleby!

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
Nicitas wrote:

Ok, ok, I was wrong, it is Bartleby. Anyway, maybe because Bartleby helped shape the Spiral, he wants to help all the creatures that live within it, not just the good ones?

This.

Bartleby, having been around since the creation of all things W101, was there before you could conceivably argue there was 'good' or 'bad' in the world/universe.

When the Giants, Tritons, and Dragons were fighting did he choose a side? Were any of them bad or good? Right or wrong? If anything, reading the books in the three elemental schools proves that they all felt they were right, but the big picture shows none of them truly were, and all essentially had there bads and goods.

He has always intervened as neutral in my book. Just because Ambrose decided the shadiest tree in the universe (who can blame him?) was a good place to start a school doesnt mean he is forced to share the perspective of some old guy who came along one day. Its not like he can get up and leave if he disagrees!

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
it is like a copy of him. otherwise, people in Ravenwood would see him disappearing and reappearing every so often.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
classact21 wrote:
Nicitas wrote:

This.

Bartleby, having been around since the creation of all things W101, was there before you could conceivably argue there was 'good' or 'bad' in the world/universe.

When the Giants, Tritons, and Dragons were fighting did he choose a side? Were any of them bad or good? Right or wrong? If anything, reading the books in the three elemental schools proves that they all felt they were right, but the big picture shows none of them truly were, and all essentially had there bads and goods.

He has always intervened as neutral in my book. Just because Ambrose decided the shadiest tree in the universe (who can blame him?) was a good place to start a school doesnt mean he is forced to share the perspective of some old guy who came along one day. Its not like he can get up and leave if he disagrees!
Exactly!Im a Balance wizard level 60 and I beleive everyone should have eual things.Its like a this for example If my friend buys I buy me a picture (My char is blind)Then someone comes up to me and sayas "Why are you buying that.Your blind!"I wouldnt care.Anyway Bartlebee is really helping the enemy.Its an illusion.Its just a spell!

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
bravevline wrote:
I always say that trees can't be trusted. I always get strange looks from people when i say it. I'm sure the 2 are unrelated. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Nicitas wrote:
8)
Actually the rebirth spell IS bartleby. That is clearly stated when you do the quest. Bartleby appears and tells you it is him.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Nicitas wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Nicitas wrote:
8)

Think so.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
It is a spell. Which is a manifestation of what something actually is, so that means we see bartelby because A) It was designed after him, and B) Enchanted with his likeness. This gives the enemy control over the spell when he posesses the card aswell. :) Theres the litteral meaning.