Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The old crown vs gold exchange controversy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2011
I am curious will KI ever considering allowing a gold amount tag to be put on crown items? I am not talking trading in crowns for gold I am talking creating better access for paying members to crown gear, mounts, decor, etc. What if you created a set exchange rate system for example "Outfit A" on crown shop sells for 7000 crowns but you can also purchase it for lets say 14,000 gold or 28,000 gold. Maybe a 2 to 1 or even 3 to 1 ratio? This would still give those with money flowing freely to have it way before the rest of us. BUT also allow those who dont have the crown privelage to have a goal amount to work towards for the same desired item! At the very least gear and mounts even if you left housing, decor, elixirs, cards out of the mix you would I am sure satisfy 50% of the disgruntled population and that's good odds!

To pay annually for the game then find you cannot access the perfect pet, the graphically appeasing outfit or the cute mount because you would rather use your real money from your job to uh lets say feed your kids or pay the light bill instead of buy a pretend trophy and hat is well a bit unfair is it not?

I must admit the crown system being exclusive to those privelaged enough to have "extra" money in this day and age is equvilent to an economical and political system that favors "the rich folks".

I would not mind putting in the "farming" efforts for gold to at least have a chance at these items. And yes I know some things drop from bosses but the drop rates are pathetic (I have killed one particular boss for one item 114 times and it still has not dropped!) plus 1/3 of the time the droppable crown items are not what you actually want!

Thanks for your consideration :)