Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Remove Quest from Spellbook

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Is there a way to delete a quest from your spellbook? I have a couple in there that I just don't want to do (ie like the Marleybone tower). Or do I just need to leave them in there once I've selected it?

Moira Stormweaver

Administrator
You cannot delete a quest.

Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral, and you may be missing out on quests that reward you with new spells or rare items.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
It would be neat if there was a tab or check box to put a quest aside for now. You could put unwanted quests into it's own tab or folder. That way they never get deleted, and if you ever feel like doing them, you can.

Also I think it would be helpful if you could organize your quests by world location.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I think it is ok that you can't remove quests. Think about whether or not you will have time to do them before you accept. They DO give you an option to accept or decline a quest.

I know this from experience... I must have at least 10 pages of quests on my first character But I was careful not to accept all the quests on my second and third characters and now I have only yardbird, stone rose and Dragonspyre book (side) quests right now.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
malt22 wrote:
It would be neat if there was a tab or check box to put a quest aside for now. You could put unwanted quests into it's own tab or folder. That way they never get deleted, and if you ever feel like doing them, you can.

Also I think it would be helpful if you could organize your quests by world location.

Yeah, I agree. If you accept all the quests - main and side - as you run across them, it can get very confusing. Especially if you don't continue with the main story line for a while. When you go back to it, trying to figure out which quest is the correct on to work on can be downright frustrating.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
swittenb wrote:
Is there a way to delete a quest from your spellbook? I have a couple in there that I just don't want to do (ie like the Marleybone tower). Or do I just need to leave them in there once I've selected it?

Moira Stormweaver

I also wish that you can remove or at least "hide" a quest until you want to do it. But as Professor Greyrose said, you need to do your homework. But really, with the Warehouse in Marlybone quest not completed or at the least impossible to do, it's too hard. I just want to agree with this idea as I hate to see the Quest Tracker pointing to a impossible to finish area or see the quest to beat the Marlybone Tower in my spellbook.

One idea is, how about we can remove side quests (I think the Spiral Geograhic Society Archives in Marlybone should count as one, as you don't need it to go to Celestia), but we cannot delete nor hide main quests. I just wish I can get that Marlybone tower off my butt.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
You might relate to this post in the Dorms section of the Message Boards too:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/41464.ftl

If not "delete", then "categorize" or "organize".