Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Resurrected with all his pips?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
I recently lost to a private with menu chat.
Ouch to my pride, and most of all my rating.

Although I defeated him, his forest sprite just happened to have chosen pixie to cast on him that turn to my dismay, (as i fizzled three times in a row before that, and i know any one of those would have ended it that round) bringing him back to life. With FULL pips.

I took three additional rounds of damage from his leprechaun spamming (he used nothing but life attack spells and 1 absorb shield the entire match; furthering my embarrassment) and decided to not pixie myself that round praying that there was no way i could fizzle a 4th turn in a row. Luckily, that pesky kraken finally worked, and did its job.

And although I see why a minion being allowed it's turn even if the player has been defeated is allowed in pvp by KI, I don't see any logic or reasoning why they are allowed to come back to life with all the pips they had when they were first defeated. He then reached in to his sideboard and grabbed his seraph quest reward and finished me off.
His 'Good match!' nearly brought a tear to my eye.

This would not have happened had he been brought back to life with 0 pips, as any logic would imply. The good to come out of this? I made some little kid's day.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Yes, that has been the way it is since day one. If you are defeated in the same round you are healed, you retain your pips (and continue casting if you are casting after the healer). If you are defeated with no heals that round, you lose all pips.

Not sure how logic fits into a discussion about fantasy pips and magic, but I'm sure it would make more sense if the tables were turned.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
classact21 wrote:
I recently lost to a private with menu chat.
Ouch to my pride, and most of all my rating.

Although I defeated him, his forest sprite just happened to have chosen pixie to cast on him that turn to my dismay, (as i fizzled three times in a row before that, and i know any one of those would have ended it that round) bringing him back to life. With FULL pips.

I took three additional rounds of damage from his leprechaun spamming (he used nothing but life attack spells and 1 absorb shield the entire match; furthering my embarrassment) and decided to not pixie myself that round praying that there was no way i could fizzle a 4th turn in a row. Luckily, that pesky kraken finally worked, and did its job.

And although I see why a minion being allowed it's turn even if the player has been defeated is allowed in pvp by KI, I don't see any logic or reasoning why they are allowed to come back to life with all the pips they had when they were first defeated. He then reached in to his sideboard and grabbed his seraph quest reward and finished me off.
His 'Good match!' nearly brought a tear to my eye.

This would not have happened had he been brought back to life with 0 pips, as any logic would imply. The good to come out of this? I made some little kid's day.

Like the other guy said, you will reobtain your pips if you get defeated but heal on the same round. So you mean the pesky Kraken broke the absorb shield but didn't kill the other player? If he had an absorb shield at a low level it's certainly a treasure card.

I faced the same problem as you did when a Private casted TEN absorb shields by using his little Power Play treasure card and, since he was Life, he drew ten Spirit Shields and defended himself within five rounds or so. Luckily I train Death, so I casted Feint and used Wraith (critical ) to crawl through his shields and finish him off.