Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

steal ward stealing traps

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
Hi kingsisle, since last week the spell steal ward has been getting problems. Instead of stealing shields it steals the traps the opponent has on. Sometimes i even steal my own traps on a person. In addition, I've seen the same problem happening to other people. Can the problem with this spell please be fixed.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
i already posted a section on this it was steal hits wrong target but ya its annoying as heck almost caused me to die and no one cares enough to fix it the noob players just laugh if you die like that even though its not considered fair its the equavelent of steal blade stealing a weakness dispel or a smoke screen its stupid

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Is the trap it is stealing by chance the 30% end of the Feint spell? Feint is a very strange spell. The 30% trap is considered a shield by the computer. I have used Pierce against opponents and it destroyed the 30% feint trap instead. Also, Shatter will take off the 30% part of feint, but not the 70%.

If it is stealing regular traps, like an ice trap, then it does indeed sound like there is a bug, but people have used it on me plenty and they usually steal my tower shield, or whatever my most recent shield was.

Another example of strange Feint:

If someone casts Feint on you, now there is a 70% trap on you. Let's say you can't find a tower shield. Uh oh, you are in trouble, but wait. If you cast feint back on your opponent, now you have the 30% trap on you also. If someone attacks it will use the 30% trap and not the 70% trap, but the 70% is still on you for their next attack, but maybe it gives you an extra turn to find a tower.

KI doesn't tell you stuff like this. You just have to find out through experience and sometimes frustrated confusion. If what you are experiencing has nothing to do with Feint, my apologies for this post.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
malt22 wrote:
Is the trap it is stealing by chance the 30% end of the Feint spell? Feint is a very strange spell. The 30% trap is considered a shield by the computer. I have used Pierce against opponents and it destroyed the 30% feint trap instead. Also, Shatter will take off the 30% part of feint, but not the 70%. If it is stealing regular traps, like an ice trap, then it does indeed sound like there is a bug, but people have used it on me plenty and they usually steal my tower shield, or whatever my most recent shield was. Another example of strange Feint. If someone casts feint on you, now there is a 70% trap on you. Let's say you can't find a tower shield. Uh oh, you are in trouble, but wait. If you cast feint back on your opponent, now you have the 30% trap on you also. If someone attacks it will use the 30% trap and not the 70% trap, but the 70% is still on you for their next attack, but maybe it gives you an extra turn to find a tower. KI doesn't tell you stuff like
I use steal ward all the time and haven't stolen any of my own traps, but the feint suggestion seems like a likely possibility. I'll have to give it a try and post any findings. -A.Dd, magus thaumaturgist