Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mutation Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I really like the mutation spells in the game and it annoys me that they're only available in treasure card form or through pets. I was thinking it'd be cool if we could somehow learn these spells, whether they be at Pigswick Academy, Dragonspyre Academy, or some secret school in one of the other existing or non-existing worlds. Anyway, here are my ideas (yes, I know the 2nd and 4th spells are already available in the game):

Fire

1. Ember Bats (3 pips; 75% accuracy; 315-355)
2. Fuel (2 pips; 100% accuracy; 25% to next 3 Fire damage spells)
3. Magma Serpent (4 pips; 75% accuracy; 425 over 3 rounds)
4. Power Link (4 pips; 75% accuracy; deals 55 + 345 Fire damage over 3 rounds and gives 40 + 240 heal to self over 3 rounds)
5. Inferno Kraken (5 pips; 75% accuracy; deals 520-580)

Ice

1. Cool Cat (1 pip; 80% accuracy; deals 80-120 and +35% next Ice spell)
2. Legion Shield (1 pips; 100% accuracy; -30% to next incoming spell for all allies)
3. Polar Swarm (3 pips; 80% accuracy; deals 35+420 Ice Damage over 3 rounds)
4. Frozen Armor (X pips; 100% accuracy; Absorb 175 per pip. For self only)
5. Frost Hound (X pips; 80% accuracy; deals 105 per pip)

Storm

1. Mist Elf (2 pips; 70% accuracy; deals 30+275 over 3 rounds)
2.Supercharge (X pips; 100% accuracy; 10% per pip to next Storm damage spell. For self only)
3. Tornado* (3 pips; 70% accuracy; deals 395-415 to all enemies)
4. Insane Bolt (2 pips; 70% accuracy; deals 1000 Moon damage to opponent or 10000 Moon Damage to caster)
5. Thunderbird (5 pips; 70% accuracy; deals 610 and +30% to next 3 damage spells)

Balance

1. Sandman (3 pips; 85% accuracy; deals 230-295 and -25% to next spell)
2. Elemental/Spiritual Defuse (3 pips; 100% accuracy; dispels next Elemental spell or Spiritual spell respectively)
3. Basilisk (4 pips; 85% accuracy; deals 145 Life, Myth, and Death damage)
4. Availing Hands (3 pips; 100% accuracy; gives 70 + 780 health over 3 rounds)
5. Jade Oni (5 pips; 85% accuracy; deals 430-510)

Life

1. Friendly Bat (2 pips; 90% accuracy; gives 15+90 health over 3 rounds)
2. Triage (0 pips; 100% accuracy; removes one DoT marker)
3. LifeClops (3 pips; 90% accuracy; deals 240-300)
4. Brilliant Light (2 pips; 100% accuracy; +30% to next healing spells to all allies)
5. Earthwalker (4 pips; 90% accuracy; deals 420-500)

Myth

1. Chaos Banshee (2 pips; 80% accuracy; deals 190 and stuns for 1 round)
2. Talos (5 pips; 100% accuracy; summons Talos minion)
3. Lindorm** (4 pips; 80% accuracy; deals 235-295)
4. Shatter (3 pips; 100% accuracy; removes all wards from target)
5. Aged Imp (5 pips; 80% accuracy; deals 325 and dispels next Life and Death spell)

Death

1. Death Scarab (2 pips; 85% accuracy; deals 140 and +30% to next Death spell)
2. Dark Pact (1 pip; 100% accuracy; 300 Death damage to self for +30% to next damage spell)
3. Dark Crow (3 pips; 85% accuracy; 250 and -20% to next spell)
4. Virulent Plague (3 pips; 100% accuracy; -40% to next damage spell for all enemies)
5. Deadly Minotaur (5 pips; 85% accuracy; deals 65 and 600)

*Tornado = Storm version of Sandstorm.
**Lindorm = Myth version of Ice Wyvern.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
sorry, but no. some of the spells are by items or taught for some schools. why should i do a quest for availing hands when someone can learn it from a teacher? that makes no sense. this will make spells gotten other ways not worth it

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
marolin23 wrote:
sorry, but no. some of the spells are by items or taught for some schools. why should i do a quest for availing hands when someone can learn it from a teacher? that makes no sense. this will make spells gotten other ways not worth it

I know some of these spells are offered through items, but does that mean that people might want the item and the ability to own the spell? I purposely put in the new spells and upgraded spells because I think it would just be easier and less tedious this way. I never said anything about the professors giving the students the spells directly. These are just lists.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
let me explain

fuel and power link are taught to fire wizards. we dont need them in pigswick. inferno kraken is mutation spell and the ember bat is actually fire bat which also exists (but ive never seen a player use it)

none of the frost spells are good. the gobbler isnt smart enough to create own spells so he copies the ice spells. the cool cat is frost cat cast by mutation. the frost hound is ice hound and it doesnt do damage over time. but around 700 damage. i think legion shield is taught to ice wizards. polar swarm is also a mutation spell, and frozen armor is taught to ice wizards

mist elf is storm elf. also mutation spell. supercharge is taught to storm wizards (or does it?). tornado is just an improved sandstorm. insane bolt is also an existing spell, so is thunderbird by mutation

so i guess the other spells explain themselves. next time, make up new spells that havent been used

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
marolin23 wrote:
let me explain

fuel and power link are taught to fire wizards. we dont need them in pigswick. inferno kraken is mutation spell and the ember bat is actually fire bat which also exists (but ive never seen a player use it)

none of the frost spells are good. the gobbler isnt smart enough to create own spells so he copies the ice spells. the cool cat is frost cat cast by mutation. the frost hound is ice hound and it doesnt do damage over time. but around 700 damage. i think legion shield is taught to ice wizards. polar swarm is also a mutation spell, and frozen armor is taught to ice wizards

mist elf is storm elf. also mutation spell. supercharge is taught to storm wizards (or does it?). tornado is just an improved sandstorm. insane bolt is also an existing spell, so is thunderbird by mutation

so i guess the other spells explain themselves. next time, make up new spells that havent been used

That was the whole point of this. Since the Pigswick schools are basically copies of the Ravenwood schools I thought it would be a good idea to just let them teach mutations of existing spells. I changed the names of the spells that I tweaked for the order they'd be given in. Also, like I said before, these are just lists. I wasn't sure what levels these spells should be offered at, so I didn't include levels.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
marolin23 wrote:
let me explain

That was the whole point of this. Since the Pigswick schools are basically copies of the Ravenwood schools I thought it would be a good idea to just let them teach mutations of existing spells. I changed the names of the spells that I tweaked for the order they'd be given in. Also, like I said before, these are just lists. I wasn't sure what levels these spells should be offered at, so I didn't include levels.

I'd agree with them, as long as the Level 35 and Level 55 Spells we already learned as School Exclusive, and the spells that you can learn the Mutates of, weren't on the lists. Ember is also a 'Weaker' version of the Fire School.

Korsten Bloodscorn - Mutate Master's Spells:
L54 - Mutate Sprite -> Midnight Sprite
1 Pip - 90% - 180 Death Damage + 20% Trap

L55 - Mutate Swarm -> Polar Swarm
3 Pip - 85% - 35 + 450 / 3 Rounds Ice Damage

L55 - Mutate Banshee ->Forsaken Banshee
3 Pip - 85% - 375 Life Damage +30% Trap

L56 - Mutate Wyvern -> Fire Wyvern
4 Pip - 80% - 95 + 600 / 3 Rounds Fire Damage

L56 - Mutate Kraken -> Inferno Kraken
4 Pip - 70% - 245 + 450 / 3 Rounds Fire Damage

L57 - Mutate Minotaur -> Deadly Minotaur
5 Pip - 80% - 65 + 600 Death Damage

L58 - Mutate Phoenix -> Thunderbird
5 Pip - 75% - 610 Storm Damage + 3 x 30% Trap

Also, there is already an Ice Hound card from the initial Ice Hound pet. It is a 7 Pip - 80% - 635-715 Ice Damage

So please, take these into consideration, and suggest a new list :) Ty and have a nice day.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
The main problem I find with this idea is that in the pigswick papers books it say quite clearly that the students there are taught the 'theroy' of how to cast spells rather than actually how to do it. So why would they teach us at ravenwood something their own students don't even get taught? If anything I think the pigswick staff should have more quests for use to do that are maybe based from your wizard's school that has good rewards, badges, or even pets.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Johnist wrote:
I'd agree with them, as long as the Level 35 and Level 55 Spells we already learned as School Exclusive, and the spells that you can learn the Mutates of, weren't on the lists. Ember is also a 'Weaker' version of the Fire School.

Korsten Bloodscorn - Mutate Master's Spells:
L54 - Mutate Sprite -> Midnight Sprite
1 Pip - 90% - 180 Death Damage + 20% Trap

L55 - Mutate Swarm -> Polar Swarm
3 Pip - 85% - 35 + 450 / 3 Rounds Ice Damage

L55 - Mutate Banshee ->Forsaken Banshee
3 Pip - 85% - 375 Life Damage +30% Trap

L56 - Mutate Wyvern -> Fire Wyvern
4 Pip - 80% - 95 + 600 / 3 Rounds Fire Damage

L56 - Mutate Kraken -> Inferno Kraken
4 Pip - 70% - 245 + 450 / 3 Rounds Fire Damage

L57 - Mutate Minotaur -> Deadly Minotaur
5 Pip - 80% - 65 + 600 Death Damage

L58 - Mutate Phoenix -> Thunderbird
5 Pip - 75% - 610 Storm Damage + 3 x 30% Trap

Also, there is already an Ice Hound card from the initial Ice Hound pet. It is a 7 Pip - 80% - 635-715 Ice Damage

So please, take these into consideration, and suggest a new list :) Ty and have a nice day.

The Lvl. 35 and 55 spells aren't just automatically available from the vendor. You have to do a good portion of Grizzleheim and Wintertusk to get both spells. I'd rather not do all that to get the spells, which is why I put them here. As for your list of mutations, I'm fully aware they exist; however, the mutations are only able to affect the owner's cards. For example, if my Sorcerer trained for Mutate Phoenix he wouldn't be able to use it because he doesn't own the Phoenix spell. If he trained for Mutate Polar Swarm he'd be able to use it, but what would be the use? He's a Sorcerer. With these spells available as legitimate own-able spells, a Pyromancer would be able to train in Frost and get Polar Swarm so he/she can make proper use of the spell. I hope I'm explaining this well.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Lexalandros wrote:
The main problem I find with this idea is that in the pigswick papers books it say quite clearly that the students there are taught the 'theroy' of how to cast spells rather than actually how to do it. So why would they teach us at ravenwood something their own students don't even get taught? If anything I think the pigswick staff should have more quests for use to do that are maybe based from your wizard's school that has good rewards, badges, or even pets.

Please excuse me; I did that world with my Legendary Sorcerer and didn't feel the need to do the book or vine quest. Thank you for telling me this; any ideas on how to fix this problem?