Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What will happen when the game overloads?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Well, this game is gonna keep getting added on, and this question just won't leave my mind. What will happen when the servers are fully loaded with worlds, spells, players, etc. It's already a TON of things to hold inside a game, but it will just continue. So, will you (KI) have to delete worlds or delete some content? Or is there a way to make servers as big as you need them to be? Please answer!

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
ya to tell the truth i been worried about the amount of space they got available too we already got tons of stuff and lag because of it even changing to a perfect realm don;t help sometimes.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Take a look at some of the old MMO's still around (like Everquest). They have been adding to their server for 10 years and have deleted very little. It is likely that newer bugs/glitches will find their way in (with rotating developers, and such) but I really doubt they would delete anything.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I'm not really worried about this. Wizard101 is mainly meant for the Vista, Mac, and Windows 7 computers . As Wizard101 grows bigger and better, so will our computers and KI's Supercomputers. Technology grows incredibly quickly these days..... :D
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
This is completely ridiculous and let me tell you why. The lag you experience is that from either your personal connection or your PC itself. I ( even when on fully populated realms ) never lag. I have top of the line internet and also a hand built PC that was designed to handle the likes of racing simulators running on triple screens and at well over 100fps.

In regards to your statements of overpopulating the servers to the point where they have to remove things, this is also insane. This isn't a personal attack in any way shape or form. It's simply me trying to educate you as to how it works. Right now this ENTIRE world ( and that includes every player in it ) is nothing compared to other MMO's currently out there with HALF the population of wizard. What do you do when you are making as much money a KI is and you start to run low on room? Buy more servers! Trust me in the world of digital space there is no such thing as no more room.

To ease your mind let me finish by just saying the following. BRING IT ON! This is the mentality that I know KI has when they think about how to answer the question of " How much can you handle? ". So in closing I will just say that no matter how large this world gets and even if the population gets 100x bigger then it is now there will NEVER be a day when they have to remove something to add another. That isn't to say they may eventually remove items because they are no longer popular or needed but I can promise you that it will NEVER be a issue of "space".

I hope I was clear enough...

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
mshewmake2000 wrote:
This is completely ridiculous and let me tell you why. The lag you experience is that from either your personal connection or your PC itself. I ( even when on fully populated realms ) never lag. I have top of the line internet and also a hand built PC that was designed to handle the likes of racing simulators running on triple screens and at well over 100fps.

In regards to your statements of overpopulating the servers to the point where they have to remove things, this is also insane. This isn't a personal attack in any way shape or form. It's simply me trying to educate you as to how it works. Right now this ENTIRE world ( and that includes every player in it ) is nothing compared to other MMO's currently out there with HALF the population of wizard. What do you do when you are making as much money a KI is and you start to run low on room? Buy more servers! Trust me in the world of digital space there is no such thing as no more room.

To ease your mind let me finish by just saying the following. BRING IT ON! This is the mentality that I know KI has when they think about how to answer the question of " How much can you handle? ". So in closing I will just say that no matter how large this world gets and even if the population gets 100x bigger then it is now there will NEVER be a day when they have to remove something to add another. That isn't to say they may eventually remove items because they are no longer popular or needed but I can promise you that it will NEVER be a issue of "space".

I hope I was clear enough...

Ok, ok man. It was just a question. I don't lag either and I never even talked about lagging. I was just wondering there would be the need for this in the future, which I guess there will not be. Sorry to make you so mad...