Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Easy Way to Find Yourself Defeated

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Bewitchdgal wrote:
First I know its annoying and I love the added chat verses suggested because as a necro I dont use sacrifice in my deck or Pixie for example so I cant heal them I just cant even if I wanted too and yet I cannot respond to them other than to say "No" and truthfully that feels mean even when Im thinking "if you ask me again I am going to pull my hair out". So KI please take notice of the chat verses we need it!

I second this.

Second, you cannot truly believe it is only kids let alone smaller kids doing this? rofl. Really? That made me seriously laugh hard. I have met so called adults in this game whom my second and fourth grader could out manner and out smart. Age is not the factor whinniness and dependecy is and you can find that in a toddler and a business man.

Totally agree with you here.

Third, as a mom who allows her kids to play (mostly on easy mobs and pet training) and who's kids are of elementary age I take offense to the "who would let their kid play under 10" comment. If we expect our kids to judge people one by one on who and how they are shouldnt we set that example as well from the get go? Not to mention in the year 2011 disallowing technology from a child even gaming is actually doing more harm than good these kids and future generations are and will continue to be immersed and dependent upon it so they might as well grip it now to use it later for a better life. I grew up in the generation where parents thought Kiss and Pong were the devil so funny now!

I dont think age is a factor at all! If my son can handle taking down Lord Nightshade why shoudlnt I let him? If a stranger joins him for a fight his life lessons thus far kick in - ie manners, pay attention, say thank you - if I allow chat on at all - It certainly is not the kids fault if they are lacking in decency - that would be the parents fault! Playing this makes him feel accomplished, happy and smart. I get a kick out of him saying "Mama I got a hat and spider web!" I mean he really thinks he did something special and big.

I limit their game time to one hour after homework and they both play sports so they get out. In other words in the end isnt a childs happiness what the goal is? Or would you rather me raise a resentful child who sneaks to play therefore learning how to lie and manipulate and grows into one of the inappropriate citizens we seem to breed by the handfuls?

I think you're blowing my comment way out of proportion. Denying children vital technology will cause them to grow into manipulative, deceitful children? You need to take a seat. Now I'm the one who's laughing! Really? Okay, maybe I worded it wrong; the parents shouldn't just say "yes" when their under-10 child asks if they can play a game like this. They should really consider the situation, consider their child, and make and educated decision. You know what? I was wrong; this applies to all parents whether their child is under 10 or a young teen. Parents need to realize that this is a social game and their child(ren) is/are gonna be interacting with real people. If you feel they're not ready for that, then don't let them play the game! I cited children under 10 since they usually end up with menu chat, which is where problem like these lie for the most part. I have no problem with you letting your kid fight Lord Nightshade; just do not let him annoy me.

Lastly, the suggestions are what KI needs not the whining. Truly whining about whiners is well frankly being just like them isnt it?

This is a joke right? Okay, first of all...I can't for the life of me understand why people feel the need to point this out. Yes, I'm complaining about whiners. So what? I was just frustrated and I decided to let off some steam. I'm allowed to do that aren't I, or is that a crime? If it is, I guess I'm guilty, and sorry but I don't have any remorse. Second, no! I'm not "being just like them". I don't constantly whine about annoying people who repeatedly ask to be healed. In fact, this is the first time I'm bringing up the subject in the Forum. I did this once to let out the steam, just like with people who order me around in combat. Lastly, I don't get how people don't understand this: you came here. Why are you complaining about my post when you had the freedom to stop reading and leave? I know this is the only purely negative word you've said directly to me, but it annoyed me so much.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
My response: So heal yourself...we all have a pixie card given at the beginning of the game.

I never ask to be healed, would never assume anyone would use their spells for that, but thank those that chose to do so.

If able, I will heal those that don't ask over and over again. The others... oh well.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
Personally i don't think it's an age issue. I need healing or Blade me is spammed by Damage dealing Classes no matter the age. They think that they are only ones who can do damage and shouldn't need to load heals in there deck.

I saw someone write that there son was ice type wizard so had no heals . How is this possible all wizards at low level on unicorn way get Sprite.

Why Damage Class wizards feel that their survival in a battle is the responsibility of others is beyond me.

My suggestion : Add line put sprite in your deck Self heal is amazing lol.

Just a thought

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
My response: So heal yourself...we all have a pixie card given at the beginning of the game.

I can't find that one in the Chat Menu. Which is odd because, since I spent the better part of two years in this game running most of the time with the kiddies as a healer, trying to help them get past parts of the game which can be frustrating for a child, I was under the impression I'd been through the menus pretty thoroughly.

Which entry is that under?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Ayahc20 wrote:
Personally i don't think it's an age issue. I need healing or Blade me is spammed by Damage dealing Classes no matter the age. They think that they are only ones who can do damage and shouldn't need to load heals in there deck.

I hear you! I am a Balance wiz, and can't tell you how many times I get people (both text and menu-chatters) asking me to blade/shield/heal them; I don't mind if we're against a boss/dungeon with a cheat that requires it, but it usually just gets annoying.

I like all of the menu-options suggested, since "I'm watching your hit points" doesn't work, in my experience. Unfortunately, the "Sorry, I can't" option isn't available in combat- it would be great, if it was... I don't often use menu-chat, though I've occasionally run into people who do and would like to carry on a proper conversation, instead of the repetitive "I need healing" nonsense that goes on... And I'm sure that Life wizards have it much worse than I do.

Ayahc20 wrote:
My suggestion : Add line put sprite in your deck Self heal is amazing lol.

Just a thought

You have a good point. However, depending on your school, there may be better options- as soon as I got Healing/Availing Hands, I took Pixie out of my deck, for two reasons:

1. Both HH and AH give more health back, and
2. I can use power pips for my own school's spells.

The exceptions, for which I'd suggest leaving Pixie in the deck, would be Ice and Myth, since I don't know if or not they can heal (mine are very low-level, as I haven't played in forever!).

I seriously hope that KI takes all of these ideas into account.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
marinersk wrote:
I can't find that one in the Chat Menu. Which is odd because, since I spent the better part of two years in this game running most of the time with the kiddies as a healer, trying to help them get past parts of the game which can be frustrating for a child, I was under the impression I'd been through the menus pretty thoroughly.

Which entry is that under?

It's not an actual response. I think she meant that's what she would've answer if given the chance.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
:? I agree with you! Although there's one teensy little thing I have to point out. First off I am a menu chatter. No I am not under 10 whining about how I need healing. If I do need healing I say it once and I wait patiently. If the person says 'I can't' or doesn't I flee then return. I'm not obnoxious and I understand you need the pips. However when someone does this, and even though I'm an overaged Menu Chatter(Suupperrr annoying really..), I just say I can't and then most of them just shut their mouths. The 8 year olds in this game annoy me as well. I am experienced with this and have put up with it the second I joined Wizard101 which was about a year ago I believe. So please, don't blame all Menu Chatters because I'm not like that. I respect your opinion though and I hope that eventually this method helps. Oh and if saying I can't fails, go to the Menu Chat bar and click on 'RUN!!!' They usually get the message then. If not then the person is just... immature. Okay well that clears up my kindly spoken rant. Peace.

-Kayla Lvl. 58 Diviner
-Kiley Dreamer Lvl. 17 Sorcerer

"You try you fail you try you fail you try you fail but the true failure is when you stop trying."

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Spammers will be spammers no matter what KI adds/changes.

Love KI, love the game... Just being honest. BTW Don't let the "bad apples" ruin your fun.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
@AkihiroHattori5,

Haven't we had a similar conversation about mannerly posting before?

If I was @Bewitchedgal, I'd be offended, too.

You'd fair better in this argument if you would lay off insulting parents and dictating how they raise their children in this cyber-rich world. I'd also recommend that you refrain from demanding that they/we keep children from inconveniencing you in a family game. It's just plan rude.

About the repeated demands to heal: Turn of the chat bubbles and collapse the text window. Silence is bliss.

Regards,

Queenlybluebean

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Do not-- I repeat DO NOT-- ask me more than once to heal you. I curse the day KI added "I need healing" to the menu chat because it gets really old really fast. This is especially prevalent in the lower worlds; I'll be fighting with a person (text chat-able or not) and the millisecond they die it's like a broken record:

"I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing..."

They'll do that until someone finally heals them. I'm standing there thinking, "If this monster doesn't finish [him/her] off, I will." It's really frustrating with the menu chatters because I can't even tell them that I heard them the first 32839210472389037213 times!

Patience is a virtue. Learn it, or face defeat!

It is kind of getting annoying. Not that I hate to heal people, it is that they just keep on repeating the same thing over and over again even though if you say you cannot do it or if you don't have enough pips to do so yet. That is why I always keep a couple of Satyrs in my sideboard just in case.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Do not-- I repeat DO NOT-- ask me more than once to heal you. I curse the day KI added "I need healing" to the menu chat because it gets really old really fast. This is especially prevalent in the lower worlds; I'll be fighting with a person (text chat-able or not) and the millisecond they die it's like a broken record:

"I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing. I need healing..."

They'll do that until someone finally heals them. I'm standing there thinking, "If this monster doesn't finish [him/her] off, I will." It's really frustrating with the menu chatters because I can't even tell them that I heard them the first 32839210472389037213 times!

Patience is a virtue. Learn it, or face defeat!

Please, calm yourself. Yes, it does get annoying but there is a simple ignore button. Please use it and please heal when you can. It shows politeness. If you only heal once well, Zafaria sure will be hard for you people who don't solo!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
@AkihiroHattori5,

Haven't we had a similar conversation about mannerly posting before?

If I was @Bewitchedgal, I'd be offended, too.

You'd fair better in this argument if you would lay off insulting parents and dictating how they raise their children in this cyber-rich world. I'd also recommend that you refrain from demanding that they/we keep children from inconveniencing you in a family game. It's just plan rude.

About the repeated demands to heal: Turn of the chat bubbles and collapse the text window. Silence is bliss.

Regards,

Queenlybluebean

Yeah...I'm not gonna risk this thread being closed by replying to your response. I'll just remind you that you thought it would be best if we avoided interacting with each other in this Forum, and I'd appreciate it if you continued doing so. Thank you.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
I agree!
I have made a Theurgist which is currently a level 12 wizard.
It is very hard to be a Theurgist, I have learned.
Firstly they always bug you to heal them! ("I need healing!")
Second, following the first, they don't stop! (Brianna DayDreamer, use life heal on (for example) Harry MoonBlade.) And they keep going! (Brianna DayDreamer, use life heal on Harry MoonBlade. Brianna DayDreamer, use life heal on Harry Moonblade.)
Oh, how hard it is.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Yeah...I'm not gonna risk this thread being closed by replying to your response. I'll just remind you that you thought it would be best if we avoided interacting with each other in this Forum, and I'd appreciate it if you continued doing so. Thank you.

Oh, I beg to correct, I suggested that you should avoid me if you don't like being reminded that polite behavior is a virtue. I have no intention of avoiding anyone in these forums. I do, however, stand my my previous statement that I will call a wizard out for being unkind or rude to others here. If you don't want your threads to be closed, adjust your communication style.

Just be nice, for goodness sake. There's no reason for such overt hostility all the time. LOL, it's an easy way to find yourself defeated in argument and conversation.

However, if you want to continue to argue, bring it. I'm ready. Please, do feel free to tell me why you think you have a right to be disrespectful to others in these forums.

Warmest Regards,

Queenlybluebean

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
Oh, I beg to correct, I suggested that you should avoid me if you don't like being reminded that polite behavior is a virtue. I have no intention of avoiding anyone in these forums. I do, however, stand my my previous statement that I will call a wizard out for being unkind or rude to others here. If you don't want your threads to be closed, adjust your communication style.

Just be nice, for goodness sake. There's no reason for such overt hostility all the time. LOL, it's an easy way to find yourself defeated in argument and conversation.

However, if you want to continue to argue, bring it. I'm ready. Please, do feel free to tell me why you think you have a right to be disrespectful to others in these forums.

Warmest Regards,

Queenlybluebean

You have your opinion of what is rude and I have mine. That's it. End of story. I'm not about to start this again, and the fact that you're trying to provoke a response out of me is pretty immature, don't you think? I'm ending this conversation and I would appreciate it if you do the same.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I would like to take this moment to remind everyone that, both in the game, and on these forums, it is not your duty to respond to everything.

For example, just the other day I was in Tower of the Helephant, trying to help someone who is apparently in fourth grade (so age 9 ish I think?), and he was in a party with three Life Wizards.

heal me
heal me
heal me

Often after one or two heals were already showing in the hopper.

It got old.

I tried many times to explain that he doesn't need to ask for healing. Three healers, all ready to do the job. Please stop asking.

heal me
heal me
heal me

:: sigh ::

Okay, so I simply stop responding. We still healed him, whether he asked or not, and still it went on

heal me
heal me
heal me

Finally, I said, "{name}, I am curious."

He responded, "ok".

"Does it ever occur to you to pack a Pixie in your deck?"

No answer the rest of the dungeon.

heal me
heal me
heal me

Okay. At the end of the dungeon, I placed him on Ignore. He wore even my Legendary patience down to a nub.

So when someone won't stop asking, just stop answering. Do your job, the way you see fit, and if they live or die because of your actions, take that home with you and be done with it.

As noted previously on this thread, silence is bliss. There are tools to create artificial silence for as long as you have need of it.

You cannot fix everything in this world. Choose your battles. Win the ones you can. And I would advise you to pick some point at which to stop jousting at windmills, and simply be silent. You will be worlds happier for it.

That includes, in case you didn't catch the hint, a suggest to stop pretending you're done with an argument by posting a comment to it :: grin :: . Getting the last word in is not victory. It is a sign of immaturity.

- Stephen EarthMender
Life Wizard

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I REALLY enjoyed reading BewitchdGal's reply. BewitchdGal, I simply love the way you think. And I really agree with what you said!

I would have loved having you as a mom lol.

I believe what BewitchdGal said was right, some games can teach manners and help kids and children grow and develop.

For me, games helped inspire me. Helped me develop more taste for music. Encouraged me to take computer programming classes and even an advanced computer programming class in college. Games taught me things. a lot of knowledge, and a lot of it that is applied to everyday life. A lot of positive things. It helped me escape my real childhood world, destress, relax. Games help me escape my real world even now, almost 20 years later, lol.

From the time I started gaming, starting with the Sega Genesis back in them days, until about the time I moved out, I was threatened to be sent into counseling more times than I could count. Punished for gaming, more times than I could count. Have gaming used against me AS punishment, for gaming. For gaming!

And thats right, I did become deceitful and manipulative. I don't hate my parents, I respect them, but, I played and gamed behind their back and snuck out of bed to play. I took my gameboys in the bathroom and played, pretending I had to go to the bathroom. And I was INCREDIBLY resentful towards the fact that they prohibited me from gaming. I believe I would have been a much happier and friendlier child towards my parents if they had not tried to peg gaming as such a negative thing to do, and tried to always punish me for it, or even use it against me AS a punishment. Such as taking away my controllers or consoles, etc.

My dad came into my room one day and hid my Playstation controller. Know what I did? I went out to the local "has everything store" and bought me a new one. I could have used that money for lunch food or something else I wanted. And I HATED my dad for it... and kept a grudge for FOREVER. I still somewhat do. Because c'mon, rediculous.

Shoot, would have been same story if computers were readily available with KI's Wizard101.

And here is the thing lol. I am now an ancient man, living in my own house, and I play more now than EVER.

Ok, *ahem. Back on topic. I simply ignore people that spam help. Not as a distasteful action, but simply because I am either in need of healing myself, or because I am unable to heal.

As a Life wizard, unless I was in a critical situation, I would be glad to heal. Regardless. Keeping fellow wizards alive lets you take it easy while those wizards kill everything else lol.

It is so much fun not to have to kill for a change, and just be able to focus on healing, since Life wizards are so darn good at it!