Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which is better, Crafting? Or Gardening

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Hi guys, well this is almost, Just like the post "Who needs Crafting! Gardenings better!" post, But diffrent

Todays topic I just want to know if Crafting or Gardenings better. Here are some choices you can say:

1:Gardening
2:Crafting
3:Both
4:None

So what i think is better, Is gardening. You can choose which is better! (Or not, LOL) So post today!
~WolfStrongShield~
-If its still balancing, it is victory-

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Both.

I use my garden to support my crafting addiction.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Both

Gardening gives you benefits consistently and throughout your entire journey around the spiral, and helps with reagents for later crafting.

Crafting is really only worth it at Grandmaster level, but it allows you to craft some of the best gear in the game. I haven't gotten into crafting housing items, but someday I expect I will.

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
3. Both

Gardening provides pet snacks PLUS helps with the crafting. The crafting provides awesome gear and housing items, such as teleporters and the watchtower hall & celestial observatory

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Maybe crafting because you know what your going to get but gardening helps with crafting fo farming regeants. So both

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Both.

When you garden and get treasure cards and reagents as rewards, you can use those to craft some pretty powerful items.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Both. I like to garden because of the TCs and reagents that it yields. Like right now i'm crafting the WT crafted gear- and need Frostbite TCs. So I garden some Frozen Fly Traps.

Another ex- - I want to PvP. So I garden some Honey Sickles to get assorted blade TCs.
ETC ETC

Evan Shadow Level 60 Ice
Noah WinterMask Level 59 Life
Evan FrostGem Level 20 Storm
Taryn Shadow Level 8 Myth

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Both.

I have a total of six wizards on one account. Three wizards are gardeners, the other three are pet trainers. Of the gardeners, one plants for reagents and treasure cards, one for pet snacks, and the other plants a little of both. Using this method, I have plenty of pet snacks and reagents for all my wizards.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
codastar wrote:
Hi guys, well this is almost, Just like the post "Who needs Crafting! Gardenings better!" post, But diffrent

Todays topic I just want to know if Crafting or Gardenings better. Here are some choices you can say:

So what i think is better, Is gardening. You can choose which is better! (Or not, LOL) So post today!
~WolfStrongShield~

It will be what you wanna do and have. Gardening is mostly more rewarding but challenging, but you are going to be richly rewarded for your patience
Just as Professor Greyrose says: With patience, victory is assured

Crafting is a bit easier depending on what you want to craft, and won't yield a lot of stuff, but whatever stuff you get from crafting can be better than the stuff you get from Gardening, but not a lot.

So overall, the one that is hardworking and patient will find Gardening ideal for their magical hobby. And those ones that are not as much but is still up to the challenge for a good item, Crafting is for them.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
codastar wrote:

~WolfStrongShield~

It will be what you wanna do and have. Gardening is mostly more rewarding but challenging, but you are going to be richly rewarded for your patience

Crafting is a bit easier depending on what you want to craft, and won't yield a lot of stuff, but whatever stuff you get from crafting can be better than the stuff you get from Gardening, but not a lot.

So overall, the one that is hardworking and patient will find Gardening ideal for their magical hobby. And those ones that are not as much but is still up to the challenge for a good item, Crafting is for them.

So u said its crafting right? Lol i just made my eyes go " ok ok ok mmhm mmm k"

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Ok the winner is: Both!

Now i'm kinda disapointed :( xD lol Thx for posting wizard friends! See you soon in the spiral!

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
Both is were its at dude! Gardening, let alone giving you reagents, also gives me cards with no use, perfect selling fodder. I have eighteen black cats from tiger lilies, tons of dog biscuits from rye bread fruits, and some mutates from my baby carrots. Use these in selling, and you get a ton of money! Also, some maelstrom snapdragons give sunstone, something for the final craft quest, that seven seas show. I need this for the chieftain set in sudrilund sold by carax strongthread, and that other wand set sold by the bear in vestrilund, making the crafting range holding insanely good items! Both is always best!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
Ditto on the BOTH vote

Like others have said... gardening supports crafting, because a lot of stuff you craft requires treasure cards; like those teleporters & crafting saves crowns & grants access to awesome gear. & if you are a housing junkie then you need to craft.

That being said, it is much easier to advance in gardening than crafting. Reaching Grand Crafter is a real pain.... a REAL PAIN

Robert DragonWhisperer lvl 60 Lifer

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
codastar wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:
codastar wrote:

~WolfStrongShield~

So u said its crafting right? Lol i just made my eyes go " ok ok ok mmhm mmm k"

Trust me, Crafting is way more annoying than Gardening. After all, what in cookies do you need to worry about with Gardening? Make a bunch of dirt piles or buy a bunch of pots, throw your seeds in, zap the pests, and cater to your plant's requirements until you can harvest them.

Crafting on the other hand requires reagents, which of some are rare (I am still banging my head on the wall trying to get some Diamonds), and you require a much harder-to-obtain crafter level (If the Grandmaster Crafter quest is anything like the Master Artisan quest, I am gonna freak out).