Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Merle Tells Me To Go To His Office...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 14, 2010
...and nothing happens!

So recently I leveled up to lvl 40, so I knew that it was time to go to Ravenscar! As soon as I leveled up to lvl 40, Merle Ambrose sent me a message saying to come to his office for something that had to do with Grizzleheim. I was really excited to finally move on with Grizz. So after I bought some new lvl 40+ gear at the Bazaar, I went back to the Commons and into his office, and when I pressed the "x" button, all he said was something about saving the spiral, etc... (there wasn't a quest about that) but he said nothing about Grizzleheim or Ravenscar!

So have I missed something or am I still to low of a level to go there?

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
it does that a lot i think hat you have been off wizard101 lately like my sister, she hasnt played like for a month she keeps getting like "sidewalks are safe from monsters" or something like thet

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
WhimsicalWizard wrote:
...and nothing happens!

So recently I leveled up to lvl 40, so I knew that it was time to go to Ravenscar! As soon as I leveled up to lvl 40, Merle Ambrose sent me a message saying to come to his office for something that had to do with Grizzleheim. I was really excited to finally move on with Grizz. So after I bought some new lvl 40+ gear at the Bazaar, I went back to the Commons and into his office, and when I pressed the "x" button, all he said was something about saving the spiral, etc... (there wasn't a quest about that) but he said nothing about Grizzleheim or Ravenscar!

So have I missed something or am I still to low of a level to go there?

you missed nothing. He does this, still, on occasion. It's a glitch.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Yes, I talked to the king, but nothing happened. I do have the quest to defeat Jotun, is that why I can't go to Ravenscar?

Defender
May 24, 2009
WhimsicalWizard wrote:
Yes, I talked to the king, but nothing happened. I do have the quest to defeat Jotun, is that why I can't go to Ravenscar?

yes you need to beat him but bring friends he is very hard

i could help you if you want you would have to get a time realm and area

i'm usually on on the imp realm to 5 to 7 eastern time most days

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
WhimsicalWizard wrote:

Yes, you have to defeat Jotum before you can go to Ravenscar.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Okay, I'm gonna start fighting Jotun soon to get to Ravenscar. So thanks for the help guys!

Survivor
Mar 14, 2011
Im Level 40 Storm Wizard, I Got this message saying to go talk to merle ambrose, and when i try to talk to him he sais, "young wizard! Come see me at once. I've important new for you about....Celestia!

Any HelP?

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
What's the problem? It sounds like you have key to Celestia. Did someone teleport you there before you were ready?

Defender
Jan 25, 2012
everytime i level up he goes "i have news from grizzleheim come see me in my office at once!" when i actually go see him he says "these are dark times terry.i must ponder our next move"

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
darkcloyd wrote:
everytime i level up he goes "i have news from grizzleheim come see me in my office at once!" when i actually go see him he says "these are dark times terry.i must ponder our next move"

Sometimes Merle Ambrose it's the old whascobe to hard....

Defender
Jan 25, 2012
now in Merle ambrose had gone senile my original post i pointed out that he calls you to his side at every level and then doesn't say anything useful. now lol. if i go to wizard city and talk to him at his house, eh tells me to go see him at once for news about Celestia..except I'm standing there and talking to him, so I'm already seeing him..

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Its easy to get a bit forgetful when you have so many young wizards to keep up with. lol
I used to do the "roll call" when I was fussing at my sons when they were small. Let me tell you, the dog didn't appreciate it one bit when his name was accidentally included!

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
I've had this problem before as well and I havent been able to get into celestia yet has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

Explorer
Apr 24, 2010
bluesappire wrote:
I've had this problem before as well and I havent been able to get into celestia yet has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

yes get a friend to go there and port XD

From, Corwin trollleaf, Grandmaster life wizard

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
bluesappire wrote:

In order to get there, you have to be level 48 and complete the quest "The Final Countdown". If you meet both requirements, you should have no problem when you go to visit Merle.

Porting is also an option, though some people are less enthusiastic about letting someone into a world they haven't earned access to.

L.S.
transcendent/78

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
ssss55123 wrote:
Its easy to get a bit forgetful when you have so many young wizards to keep up with. lol
I used to do the "roll call" when I was fussing at my sons when they were small. Let me tell you, the dog didn't appreciate it one bit when his name was accidentally included!

Been there, done that. Let me tell you the kids aren't too happy with being called the the dog's name either (although I think they are more offended by being called the brother or sister's name)!

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
Merle Ambrose has asked me to visit him as soon as I hit Level 31 yet as I went to him he had no quest available to him. Any idea what quest to complete in order to get said quest from him?

I am very confused. I just started Marleybone but I havent completed it yet and that is the same with Grizzlheim.

Any help?

Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
When I was lvl 35 he asked me to talk to him, guess what? nooo quests, just simply said, " Keep searching. We must know Malistaire's plans." something really close to that.

Alexis SilverHeart lvl 36 storm,P.S: I have one crazy teacher sometimes. XD

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Don't go to him unless you have no more main quests.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Perhaps you are switching between compters when you play the game. I find that when I switch from one computer to another (one day I play on computer A, next day I play on computer B), messages from various game characters get sent to me again. I have often gotten misleading messages from Ambrose because of this.

This can work to your advantage. Once a message was sent to me to go visit someone, but a few hours later I couldn't remember who. So I switched computers and got the message again.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
Sometimes he'll ask for your assistance, but the quest can start in another area.

For example when I hit level 45 *Or 43, It was something around that number* He told me about a quest, But I actually started it in Grizzleheim.

Sometimes he may send you to another area to accept a quest from someone else *Or so I think, I'm only guessing this because it happened to me.*

Try investigating the world he was talking about, and you may find the quest.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
This has happened to me numerous times with him and my school prof and the owl witch in avalon plus many other teachers. I think it has something to do with your system or the KI patch when downloading stuff before you log in. I dont know if its fixable. Just bare with it .