Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
For the most part, I kind of don't want to see increased damage when the level cap is upped again, but would rather like to see new elements of play added to the game.

Death - when I think of vampires I think of super human strength and speed, so I would likely give death a Liche card that does 1v1 damage and increases their pips by whatever pips the target uses during the next four turns, the idea being to give death more speed when feeding.

Life - life's damage is currently good and I'd like life to have a group heal over time spell, and perhaps a card that increases everyone's max health

Storm - I think storm should be given either an acid rain or a disentegrate card or both. Disentegrate would make a large 1v1 hit that lowers its target's max health by the amount of damage done (this means that when healed during the match the target could only heal up to its new max health). Acid rain would work the same except it would be a group attack card that does permanent damage over three turns.

Fire - I thought fire could have lower damage versions of disentegrate and acid rain, but then thought fire melts and should likely permanently reduce resistances during a match instead of max healths

Balance - balance could then be given a restore order card, that when selected lets the person choose to cast it upon an individual, their team, the opposition, or on everyone (all depending what the balance thinks is best at the time)

Myth - myth could be given a 1v1 transformation card, that when used on an ally transforms all their traps into shields and all their curses into blades, or when used upon an opponent does the reverse ... if instead it were a group spell then it would just do one or the other and give the player the option to select which upon casting

Ice - ice might be given a four turn reflect card that has a 50% chance of reflecting all cards cast directly at it upon the caster at a reduced damage amount (reflected objects tend to do less damage), cards not cast directly at the ice but hit the ice would still hit all of the ice's team but would simply have a 50% chance of hitting the caster alone rather than the ice player

Anyways, I don't really want to see higher damage cards nor more stackable blades, I'd rather see cards that add new elements to the game.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
seasnake wrote:
Death - when I think of vampires I think of super human strength and speed, so I would likely give death a Liche card that does 1v1 damage and increases their pips by whatever pips the target uses during the next four turns, the idea being to give death more speed when feeding.

I don't get what vampires have to do with Death as a whole. The Death school has a Vampire attack, but it's not the Death mascot or anything. I just think this idea is way out of left field.

Life - life's damage is currently good and I'd like life to have a group heal over time spell, and perhaps a card that increases everyone's max health.

I think the PvP whiners would go nuts over a spell that increases maximum health, even only for 3-4 turns. I like the idea of a group heal over time spell, but I hardly use Regeneration as it is. I think it would be better to just have a single opponent attack.

Storm - I think storm should be given either an acid rain or a disentegrate card or both. Disintegrate would make a large 1v1 hit that lowers its target's max health by the amount of damage done (this means that when healed during the match the target could only heal up to its new max health). Acid rain would work the same except it would be a group attack card that does permanent damage over three turns.

Again, I don't think we should be messing with maximum health.

Fire - I thought fire could have lower damage versions of disentegrate and acid rain, but then thought fire melts and should likely permanently reduce resistances during a match instead of max health.

I'm not fond of the permanent aspect of all this. There's no way of getting around it besides dispelling the spell before it hits you, which is kinda unfair in my opinion.

Balance - balance could then be given a restore order card, that when selected lets the person choose to cast it upon an individual, their team, the opposition, or on everyone (all depending what the balance thinks is best at the time).

We have too many situational cards as it is (Power Play, Elemental and Spiritual Diffuse, Precision, etc.); I think you should just scrap this whole concept.

Myth - myth could be given a 1v1 transformation card, that when used on an ally transforms all their traps into shields and all their curses into blades, or when used upon an opponent does the reverse ... if instead it were a group spell then it would just do one or the other and give the player the option to select which upon casting.

1v1, and it's a good spell.

Ice - ice might be given a four turn reflect card that has a 50% chance of reflecting all cards cast directly at it upon the caster at a reduced damage amount (reflected objects tend to do less damage), cards not cast directly at the ice but hit the ice would still hit all of the ice's team but would simply have a 50% chance of hitting the caster alone rather than the ice player.

I'm sorry, but this idea confused me.

Final Thoughts: You're off to a good start. You have some good ideas; others can use some work, but all in all this is good. I'd be happy if this was added to the game.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
yo those are great ideas
i have a notebook full ideas of spells i am wondering if wizard101 can take a ook at them by me sending it or something

Administrator
peter1pop wrote:
yo those are great ideas
i have a notebook full ideas of spells i am wondering if wizard101 can take a ook at them by me sending it or something

We appreciate that our players want to contribute their ideas to Wizard101, however we cannot accept any privately submitted ideas.

To protect KingsIsle from potential issues with intellectual property, we are unable to review unsolicited game ideas directly, but welcome our Members to post their ideas on the Dorms section of our Wizard101.com Message Boards.

community@wizard101.com