Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Races and Permanent Transformations

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Perhaps in the near future, you could allow us to make new wizards in races other than human.

Examples of potential 'young wizards' races:
MooShu boys & girls (cows)
MarleyBonian boys & girls (dogs)
Miragian boys & girls (cats)
Weirwood boys & girls (fairies)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

For those with Full Accounts (and other older Wizards):
A Magic Mirror Store that 'stitches' your Starter appearance and race with a PERMANENT Transformation. Magic Mirror could cost anywhere from 100 (Cheap) to 500 (recommended) Crowns for Permanent Transformation of Starter Wizard and/or to change the wizard's race after these new 'Exchange' wizards arrive in the Spiral. This could also be a way of fulfilling the requests for a 'Barber Shop' to change ones hair color and style.

Defender
May 31, 2009
I hope this comes in the near future. I would absolutely LOVE to be a dog, cat, fairy, or anything else like that!

I can barely imagine the starter outfits though. And would the regular wizard clothes still look the same on us? (i.e. a Dragoons Helmet on a male dog :? )

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Riolu7890 wrote:
I hope this comes in the near future. I would absolutely LOVE to be a dog, cat, fairy, or anything else like that!

I can barely imagine the starter outfits though. And would the regular wizard clothes still look the same on us? (i.e. a Dragoons Helmet on a male dog :? )

Well it isn't quite that simple. for each race they'd have to create a starter outfit, and then they'd have to modify each and every look to allow for say ears, tail, etc.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Eh...I don't know about this. It kinda complicates the story of Wizard101. We're supposed to be humans because we come from a world "that doesn't even believe in magic". The Krokotopians, Marleybonians, MooShuese, Draconians of Dragonspyre, Wysterians, Grizzelites, and Celestians do believe in magic, and, in all worlds but Marleybone, practice magic. The whole foundation of the story would become shaky. I think you should stick to Transformation potions.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Johnist wrote:
Perhaps in the near future, you could allow us to make new wizards in races other than human.

A Magic Mirror Store that 'stitches' your Starter appearance and race with a PERMANENT Transformation. Magic Mirror could cost anywhere from 100 (Cheap) to 500 (recommended) Crowns for Permanent Transformation of Starter Wizard and/or to change the wizard's race after these new 'Exchange' wizards arrive in the Spiral. This could also be a way of fulfilling the requests for a 'Barber Shop' to change ones hair color and style.

do ya play free realms because it sounds like ya do and they have ya be a fairy or human there so if ya want to be a fairy play free realms

eh this idea is a bit lame

Defender
May 31, 2009
Ooh, yea. Forgot you said that, haha.

But still, even modified, what do you think it would look like? Strange?

Sabrina, Legendary Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I think that the other races are a very awesome idea! :D 8)

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Survivor
May 16, 2011
Explorer
Oct 30, 2010
One problem with this flawless idea: Merlin says in the character customization " he comes from a world that does not believe in magic at all!" The Races you picked all came from worlds that believed in magic. You'll probably want to change the races.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i have to agree the morphng permanently is not a good idea.

first you are talking about 5 years worth of new coding they would have to work on which means we would not be getting new content in game.
and no new world or adventure in the game for that period. and if they did spend time getting new content it would be less that the great quality wizard now has.
i guess most do not realize what it takes to put together an game of this magnitude.

if you remember a long long time ago in Ravenscar you put an end to the covens
plan to freeze over Grizzelhiem. even then they were working on Wintertusk
and it was just added a few months back... and Wysteria? lord knows how long they were working for that release not to mention Dragonspyre and Celestia.
Big changes and new worlds even new races take quite a long while to build.
the beta and corrections while in beta before release.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
hobi wrote:
i have to agree the morphing permanently is not a good idea.

first you are talking about 5 years worth of new coding they would have to work on which means we would not be getting new content in game.
and no new world or adventure in the game for that period. and if they did spend time getting new content it would be less that the great quality wizard now has.
i guess most do not realize what it takes to put together an game of this magnitude.

if you remember a long long time ago in Ravenscar you put an end to the covens plan to freeze over Grizzelhiem. even then they were working on Wintertusk and it was just added a few months back... and Wysteria? lord knows how long they were working for that release not to mention Dragonspyre and Celestia.
Big changes and new worlds even new races take quite a long while to build.
the beta and corrections while in beta before release.

I fully understand how much effort would go into this wonderful addition. In fact, KingsIsle has responded to the 'Change Appearance' portion (if not the Race portion) on a different thread titled Change name, and change appearance. Here is the quote from Professor Greyrose:

Professor Greyrose wrote:
We understand a players desire to change their appearance, believe we have been listening. We like the idea too, but we're still looking at whether or not the benefits would outweigh the extensive amount of design, programming and art work it would take.

As for changing a Wizard's name, we have already addressed this several times on the message boards. Once you have chosen a name, it cannot be changed, ever. You are free to create a new Wizard and choose the new name more carefully, but we will not be allowing players to change their Wizard's name.

Of course, I'm not trying to rush this idea. I still think its a fabulous idea. I also think they brought up the subject of Races themselves with the fact that they sent us to meet a YOUNG MooShu Samoorai, a Little Fairy of Weirwood, an Oasis Cat, and a mini Hippo, all of which are 'Students'.

Maybe they could make the 'Race' Transformations as part of future Bundle Cards... I'd love to be a Student Raven or a Student Cat. Maybe even create specific Bundles for each Race with that race's permanent Transformation as part of the bundle. Of course, being a 'Permanent Transformation' it could be applied as any normal 'Transformation' would be (non-mounted & in battle) and be overridden with TEMPORARY Transformation elixirs. This would solve the whole Armor debacle, since Transformations by Elixir overwrite everything, including the appearance of your weapon.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
Johnist wrote:

( no offense ) NO! that ruins thw whole point wizard101 notice the name WIZARD101 so no

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Orbit100 wrote:
Johnist wrote:

( no offense ) NO! that ruins thw whole point wizard101 notice the name WIZARD101 so no

Who are you to say that other Sentient beings can't have magic and be Wizards? Would you please bother to explain what you mean by 'that ruins the whole point' because Wizard doesn't mean human, it means a being with the ability to cast Magic Spells. After all, not all of our professors are human.

Survivor
May 16, 2011