Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea for the XP complaint

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Hey KI... its me again. I have an idea for what to do with all that useless XP once you have your wizards at Legendary. How about instead of it just going to waste, every say 60000 XP gives you 1 spell retrain token? I realize it could be a bit of work for you, but almost everyone has at least one or two spell training mistakes. If they have made an "oops" like me, they could be reluctant to spend crowns to completely retrain everything just to get back 1 or 2 training points but something like this would give higher level wizards a real reason to complete the rest of the storyline.

Its just a thought...

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
That's an okay idea, but there's two problems with that. One, that most likely won't happen because KI's sure to lose some money that way. Two, what about people like me who got it right the first time? I learned from the mistakes I made with my Sorcerer, so I'm not looking to retrain my Theurgist.

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
Hey KI... its me again. I have an idea for what to do with all that useless XP once you have your wizards at Legendary. How about instead of it just going to waste, every say 60000 XP gives you 1 spell retrain token? I realize it could be a bit of work for you, but almost everyone has at least one or two spell training mistakes. If they have made an "oops" like me, they could be reluctant to spend crowns to completely retrain everything just to get back 1 or 2 training points but something like this would give higher level wizards a real reason to complete the rest of the storyline.

Its just a thought...

Or you could get gold for xp at level cap like a certain other MMO I won't mention....

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
this would give higher level wizards a real reason to complete the rest of the storyline.

Its just a thought...

I thought the reason to complete the storyline was for the story itself ??? I mean, that's kinda harsh for the KI developer that actually implemented the Wizard101 stories.

One great gamer was quoted as saying, "a truly great MMORPG in the future will not require any levels at all." Another stated that, "levels are like Television, the more channels you have access to, the more you are going to miss along the way to that channel."

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
kingurz wrote:
I thought the reason to complete the storyline was for the story itself ??? I mean, that's kinda harsh for the KI developer that actually implemented the Wizard101 stories.

One great gamer was quoted as saying, "a truly great MMORPG in the future will not require any levels at all." Another stated that, "levels are like Television, the more channels you have access to, the more you are going to miss along the way to that channel."

Personally... I don't care about my idea. I do get tired, however, of the constant complaints in the forums about "wasted XP", etc, etc, ad nauseam. I was reading a thread where this cropped up and the idea popped into my head and I thought... hey, I'd love to change some of spell choices around (cause I do like to tweak my wizards from time to time just to try ideas out) but I'm personally averse to wasting crowns for that kind of privilege with the exception of my first wizard with whom I made the majority of my mistakes. It was by no means meant as a criticism of KI's content as I play all the new worlds just to see how they unfold, regardless of level.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
kingurz wrote:

Personally... I don't care about my idea. I do get tired, however, of the constant complaints in the forums about "wasted XP", etc, etc, ad nauseam. I was reading a thread where this cropped up and the idea popped into my head and I thought... hey, I'd love to change some of spell choices around (cause I do like to tweak my wizards from time to time just to try ideas out) but I'm personally averse to wasting crowns for that kind of privilege with the exception of my first wizard with whom I made the majority of my mistakes. It was by no means meant as a criticism of KI's content as I play all the new worlds just to see how they unfold, regardless of level.
Yeah I hate seeing those comments too. I do all my quests, regardless of wasted XP. That way, when a new world comes out, I find it easier to focus on it, and it is a more fun challenge (Pardon my terrible grammer) to get XP from quests, bosses, and mobs to level up.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
kingurz wrote:

Agreed.

I saw those posts too and it is unfortunate that others don't take the time to read the storyline (it is pretty good!). It's not a bad idea at all either. I personally don't mind paying for re-training of points (since I do that rarely), but the price can get quite expensive after 15 points consumed.

Maybe instead of just re-training points, after a major portion of unused experience has been reached you obtain tickets for crowns that could be used for re-training or other items. Just a thought.

I personally would like all main quests to give out the majority of experience and side quests would give out the majority of gold/items. That way if you want lots of money and level 60, you do all the quests.

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I did read the story line on my first wizard. Then I wanted to try another school. Story doesn't change. 7 schools to try, one story to follow. So I don't think it is fair to whine about people missing out on the story to go along with the exp when most of them have probably already read the story. Many times.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I'm still behind the idea of being able to trade in 'overflow xp' for stat boosts. I've mentioned before that it seems we get no natural stat boosts from being high level and all our bonuses come from gear. Heck, even my pet gives me stat boosts. Why is my pet a better wizard than me? -eli and crew

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
dragonwisperer123 wrote:

Or you could get gold for xp at level cap like a certain other MMO I won't mention....

That would lose them crown sales of gold. Anything that affects crowns will be automatically thrown out by KI.

Even if it would better the game in general i'm sure :/ seeing that with a lot of other aspects at the moment.
*cough* waterworks mega snacks *cough*

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
natenkate wrote:
I did read the story line on my first wizard. Then I wanted to try another school. Story doesn't change. 7 schools to try, one story to follow. So I don't think it is fair to whine about people missing out on the story to go along with the exp when most of them have probably already read the story. Many times.

That's a completely different situation than what the original poster is talking about. The discussion is about all the extra experience after you have already hit the level cap (with one wizard) that is not being accumulated, not how many times you go through the game with different wizards. In that situation, of course the storyline is not going to change and no one would expect someone to read the storyline again.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
etherchaos wrote:
I'm still behind the idea of being able to trade in 'overflow xp' for stat boosts. I've mentioned before that it seems we get no natural stat boosts from being high level and all our bonuses come from gear. Heck, even my pet gives me stat boosts. Why is my pet a better wizard than me? -eli and crew

I really like this idea!

qbb