Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making things more interesting...

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Wondoo wrote:
everyone is such a whiner how about this: they would be small spells like a flame appearing and a 10 second timer to prevent spamming happy now?!

Just face it. KI's not gonna waste their time with this idea because it's pointless. Point...less. It lacks a point.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
You're quite the whiner if you ask me.

Anyways, guys please stop leaving bad comments on my idea. It's a great idea, and it's not spells that are huge. Please get my point!!! It's like minor 5-10 second spells, not huge ones, only can be casted at home to not cause lag in commons!!! The dorms is for ideas in which I have shared with you. It does not mean it will be added to the game (Which I think it should :? ) And yes, if you want to play a game with over 20 million players in it, that the number and expansions will keep growing, you must have a good computer soon or it will lag with spells outside battle or not. There are so many fun expansions we can put onto this game but then the whiners come to say. "That is too much for a game," Or, "I will lag too much". Ugh, please stop whining, these are not good reasons to not add this expansion. Please, get a good computer MMORPG worthy, and then have fun. This idea rocks I think.

Well, of course you think your idea "rocks"! What a joke. Anyway, 'whining' is complaining about a non-issue in an immature way. Last time I checked I'm not whining. This isn't just the problem of a few people; you neglect to include the silent majority. Out of the 20,000,000+ people that play this game, I'm sure at the very least half of those player don't have above-par computers because they're expensive! Not everyone has cash to spare. Just because you do doesn't mean everyone else does. If KI adds this expansion, this game will be unplayable for a great deal of Wizard101 players. It will be the end of Wizard101.

Edit: I'd like to apologize to the moderator for having to edit my comment. The ending comment was out of line. It won't happen again.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
This is my final note on the subject:

Wizard101 prides itself on Low Bandwidth and CPU Requirements. You need a Windows Enabled machine which means a machine with an Windows Operating System on it. This could be Windows 98SE, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, or any of the Network Terminal versions of Windows available.

Now, this game already lags on standard On-board video and 512 MB RAM. I had a machine that was XP with 2.0 GHz and 512 MB RAM. I now have a machine with Dual Core 2.7 GHZ, Win 7 64-bit, 5GB RAM, and an ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series Graphics Card.

Under my old computer, I would definitely lag in the Commons with 1 Account open, and when there were 2+ Battles in an area like Stormriven. I'm sorry to say but the fact is my old computer wasn't even 'Sub Par' except in the RAM Compartment. KingsIsle has prided themselves on keeping it so that parents didn't need to buy their kids a $1,000 Computer just to play the game.

As far as the idea of casting spells out of battle in houses goes, you already have that with Gardening and PVP Circles. I'm sorry, but the fact of the matter is that you need to think about KingsIsle's viewpoint as far as system requirements go. Just being able to belt out spells randomly out of battle is never going to be a good idea due to the fact that many children have 'Hand-me-down' computers that are 8+ years old.