Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best astral and second school for balance?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I am currently leveling a balance wizard and I was wondering what second school to pursue. Maybe deTh to feint and life to satyr but then i might not have enough for an astral school. Then it comes to the question, what astra
School should I choose so i can calculate the training points.

Tiffany pixigem- legendary theurgist
Amber - initiate sorcerer

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Aelita987 wrote:
I am currently leveling a balance wizard and I was wondering what second school to pursue. Maybe deTh to feint and life to satyr but then i might not have enough for an astral school. Then it comes to the question, what astra
School should I choose so i can calculate the training points.

Tiffany pixigem- legendary theurgist
Amber - initiate sorcerer

Depends on what you want to do with your Balance. I personally used a lot of my training points on Polymorphs for my Balance. I didn't want any of those Spirit Blades to go to waste!!! Plus, in any group I am a true support class, ready to switch to any school needed, that isn't already on the team.

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
I have death as my secondary school. Balance was my first character so I didn't really know the strengths or weaknessess of other schools, but even though I was able to afford it many times I decided not to buy back my points. Death was definetley the best choice! Everybody says that my astral school should be either sun or star but not to consider moon, since balance has no need to become another school of magic because nothing resists balance in the first place. I think that I am going to choose star, since auras seem like they will help me more in the long run. Hope this helps!

Sophia AshHeart
Level 52 Balance
Briskbreeze Champion

P.S. I have the first two sun spells AND the first two star spells. The first two sun spells are all balance need, I think, because we already have decent accuracy and damage.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
cookiejar42 wrote:
I have death as my secondary school. Balance was my first character so I didn't really know the strengths or weaknessess of other schools, but even though I was able to afford it many times I decided not to buy back my points. Death was definetley the best choice! Everybody says that my astral school should be either sun or star but not to consider moon, since balance has no need to become another school of magic because nothing resists balance in the first place. I think that I am going to choose star, since auras seem like they will help me more in the long run. Hope this helps!

Sophia AshHeart
Level 52 Balance
Briskbreeze Champion

P.S. I have the first two sun spells AND the first two star spells. The first two sun spells are all balance need, I think, because we already have decent accuracy and damage.

I'm in the same position as you, Sophia. My balance wiz is my first character, so I wasn't really familiar with what the other schools had to offer- I ended up choosing Fire and Death (one each of the elemental/spirit schools) as my secondary and tertiary powers, though I don't really use either one now.

When I got to Celestia, I picked the Star school as my first set of astral powers- the boosts are awesome! I also used a couple of training points on polymorph/Moon spells, since Balance boss fights can get rather annoying... Just remember to be careful what you polymorph into: Balance students don't have to worry about boosts/resistence (life/death, storm/myth, fire/ice) like the other schools do, so do your research; not knowing that Myth boosts against the Ice school nearly got me killed. Looking back, I might have gone with Sun instead, but I didn't really get it at the time...

Good luck to all!

Laura Shadowsong,
Master of Balance

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
You definitely want ice to Tower.
You definitely want to get Gargantuan.

Death to Feint- I trained this, but I'm not sure I would do this again. Sometimes helps in PvP with the Judge, but in Celestia that 30% trap on you hurts big time.

Life to Satyr?- Balance has Helping Hands and Availing Hands, which i find to be plenty of healing, although I have a legendary balance friend who has life to Satyr and loves it. If you get this, you probably won't be able to get to Feint. And you will need a life amulet to take full advantage of it.

If I did it all again, I might even get fire to fire elf for the shield breaking ability.

If you PvP you may want to consider Infection. Some people use Cloak in an interesting way. I stopped using Conviction, Vengeance, and Fortify as they only last 4 turns so it is often not too helpful.

You could also save a few training points for whenever KI comes out with a higher level cap, and new spells.

My two cents,

Valkoor Moondust :P
Legendary Balance