Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life lvl 68 spell ideas :)

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Hey life people out there what you think of this?? A dot spell

Life- Natures Fury a dot spell 600 hit up front followed by 270 per round to one person or 450 hit up front followed by 350 hit per round to all enemies?

I am not sure what it would look but I feel like that would be amazing probably 9 pips to cast but I feel like that would be amazing.

**Please do not say healing we honestly have enough of it lol

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
fx41001 wrote:
Life- Natures Fury a dot spell 600 hit up front followed by 270 per round to one person or 450 hit up front followed by 350 hit per round to all enemies?

I am not sure what it would look but I feel like that would be amazing probably 9 pips to cast but I feel like that would be amazing.

...and this is why capitalization is important.

Please disregard my last statement. My new opinion, however, isn't any more positive. Maybe it's just me, but I think KI should enforce the fact that DoT spells are supposed to be Fire's medium and stop creating non-Fire DoT spells. Life's medium is HoT, not DoT. Also, the name Nature's Fury is, in my opinion, too close to the Nature's Wrath, Life's Treant spell.

Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
fx41001 wrote:

Um, no. If by a dot attack you mean a wand attack, both are way too strong for a wand. Also, they defeat the purpose of having a wand. You have a wand so you can take off shields, Weaknesses, and deal minor damage to opponents. This is a full-out attack! I wouldn't waste my money on a wand that provided these attacks, sorry.

that doesnt mean dot and i have have a totally different idea - guardian angel, you can read about from the date 7/29

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I believe she meant a DoT spell- Damage over Time. In other words, an aura. Not as in Star school, but as in those old-school auras that hang out around your feet. (Think Fire Elf)

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
It's an okay idea, but as a life i'd perfer a stronger dot say 50+633 over 3 rounds to all 50+810 over 3 rounds to one enemy

Survivor
Sep 01, 2009
:( i hate that life does so little attack so try to do something powerful or do a spell that fights and heals
:-) :D :) :-o Try that!

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
AkihiroHattori5

I said that for a reason you have given pretty much every other school some means of access to dot spells *except balance and they have a mutate a sphinx spell into an ice dot but not really the same* and I believe if fire is so great they would not care and welcome a challenge. Are they scared that if you add one dot to life that they can no longer win? Obviously no lol so why can life not seem to get a dot. We also have the fewest amount of attack cards in the game if you did not realize. And we go 25 lvl apart from the best attacks we have which are centaur and forest lord. We finally received and aoe so why not a dot to mix it up? Makes since to me and I think it brings more variety into the game and make it a challenge *if I am wrong please tell me* cause that is what I thought KI intended to make this game.

And on a side note the name was a suggestion and it can be changed. It was not official in any way it was to get the idea out there and to see peoples reaction to it.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
How about a life spell that does both for 10pips and is a life learned only spell so life can have an exclusive epic spell for them, check it out

Life Cycle

10pips

Effect- 50damage per pip to all enemies and 100heal per pip to all allies

Animation- A Full green planet earth rises from the ground slowly and shoots a green beam to the enemy and then heals the one person( in a sequence like it hits an enemy and then heals one person and so it continues till every enemy is hit and every person is healed
AND also remember that with life damage boosts from cloth etc the spell should be good enough for a lvl70life the damage with boosts would be like 155 or 170 damage or more per pip not to mention if it criticals and please don't copy this idea if you will mention my name

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Mother Nature
A big lady with a green dress green shoes and hair like sylvia walks up to your apponent and says: You have failed to kill now prepare. She lifts up her hands and she glows bright green. She heals all friends 1000 and a random shield. Then she says, Crush em. And big hands made of vines and hits one person with 1800 damage

Life gobbler
An egg pops up and an arm comes out then another comes out. They grab the egg and pull himself out. He opens his eyes and there bright red and he raises his hands and a bunch of leaves circle him and attacks the person with
a bunch of leaves hitting them with 500 damage then more leaves come and hit them again with 1000 damage then to finish it off he stuns them two rounds

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
Mother Nature - 700 damage
And heals 300 over 3 rounds
9 pips!
Get at lvl 60!

Shows clouds and she appears and shines a bright green light and then turns to you and a green light heals you!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
fx41001 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5

I said that for a reason you have given pretty much every other school some means of access to dot spells *except balance and they have a mutate a sphinx spell into an ice dot but not really the same* and I believe if fire is so great they would not care and welcome a challenge. Are they scared that if you add one dot to life that they can no longer win? Obviously no lol so why can life not seem to get a dot. We also have the fewest amount of attack cards in the game if you did not realize. And we go 25 lvl apart from the best attacks we have which are centaur and forest lord. We finally received and aoe so why not a dot to mix it up? Makes since to me and I think it brings more variety into the game and make it a challenge *if I am wrong please tell me* cause that is what I thought KI intended to make this game.

And on a side note the name was a suggestion and it can be changed. It was not official in any way it was to get the idea out there and to see peoples reaction to it.

There's no DoTs in Storm, Myth, Life, or Balance, and there's only two in Ice and Death. All other DoT spells are either offered through equipment or are mutations. What's with all this challenge speak? Challenge has nothing to do with it; it's order. Like I said, it's my opinion that DoTs should be more portrayed as a Fire medium, as it's portrayed when you first enter the school. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you; you don't need a DoT to be a challenger. Being a challenger depends on being a good strategist and being able to utilize what you're given in an effective way. It doesn't matter that Life only has so many spells (I have a Legendary Theurgist; believe me, I know); it's how you use those spells. Life does not need a DoT, and to suggest that KI add one to "add more variety" is ridiculous.

I was just giving my opinion on the name. Why does everyone get so defensive when I say I don't like the name they chose for their spell idea or think it's not right for the idea?

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
i think it would be a great idea plus i think the lvl cap should be raised a lot of legedaries i have seen argueing cause they want the lvl cap raised so plz kingsisle lvl cap raised! new world! new pets! new spells! so that the legndaries will be happy! :D

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
AkihiroHattori5

Again you are misinformed. Storm has the possibility to have a dot is they choose they may mutate into a storm elf or have the pet.

Myth has the pet card that is a dot to all people and damage over time.

Balance has a dot but not really. They can mutate a sphinx card into a ice dot for 3 rounds so it is not a dot for balance technically.

So if you classify dot you must classify the means to have a dot card. Which life and balance do not have.

I have an account for life, death, fire, and storm. Trust me I know them fairly well and the game fairly well. Fire is not the only school with a dot in the game when the game first started out. They have heck hound and fire elf, link, power link, dragon, and the fire to all enemies dot *forget the name sorry* but other schools had dots as well and to state. Ice has frostbit and angel. Death has Skeletal dragon and poison. Saying that fire should be the only school in the game with a dot is wrong and why the developers KI added other schools to have a dot. It evens the game out and adds the possibility of strategy.

Yes I agree that fires main is dot and life's main is healing. Death is stealing health. Myth is minions and stun. Ice is shielding and high health. Balance is all of the schools really combined *except for some reason it did not get a dot attack from fire like I believe it should get*. And as a side note my life is a commander was a warlord before I had to downrank to get into matches. I am not saying you can not do it but I am saying the game become very predictable when you do not have a dot card. I take that from experience from my fire. Lay a fire elf followed my a heck hound and its almost unstoppable. Or a fire elf to attack break fire shields that round and then come back with a helphant or a dragon maybe even another elf so they do not have a purpose in shielding. See with life I use a minion get traps, leprechaun take off shields then put feint then attack with a forest lord on 2-3 blades. Maybe even use a centaur and I use a shatter if they have to many shields.

I am not one to argue strategy, it creates variety and makes the game fun. If I loose, I only grow cause I learn the knowledge of how the other player beat me. I never said a dot is how to become a challenger, that is not what I said at all. See life is at a loss of cards compared to other schools on its own unless you have an amulet to help you. So a life dot adds variety to the game where other people cant guess what your doing or what your plan of attack is. It opens the gate up for many more combinations of attacks for life and maybe will bring more life people into pvp that is just my thought.

So I think, however, that a life dot would be good for the game and is why I would like to see is as a lvl 68 spell for my life character. You may have your own opinions but to sit there and say what I am saying is is ridiculous is obviously false. It has support and ideas behind what I am saying. To bash it just cause you do not like the idea is not really necessary and not what I intended for this board it was to get life spells brought up so KI could hopefully choose something nicer for life except healing.

Healing is not really a factor anymore like it used to be when you add a 42 % healing boost and give other schools the life amulet they become a person of life in a way and what is the use for the life person then? That is why I say that life should recieve an attack spell or a DOT to just go along with the flow of things so to speak. That is my opinion.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
fx41001 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5

Again you are misinformed. Storm has the possibility to have a dot is they choose they may mutate into a storm elf or have the pet.

Myth has the pet card that is a dot to all people and damage over time.

Balance has a dot but not really. They can mutate a sphinx card into a ice dot for 3 rounds so it is not a dot for balance technically.

So if you classify dot you must classify the means to have a dot card. Which life and balance do not have.

I have an account for life, death, fire, and storm. Trust me I know them fairly well and the game fairly well. Fire is not the only school with a dot in the game when the game first started out. They have heck hound and fire elf, link, power link, dragon, and the fire to all enemies dot *forget the name sorry* but other schools had dots as well and to state. Ice has frostbit and angel. Death has Skeletal dragon and poison. Saying that fire should be the only school in the game with a dot is wrong and why the developers KI added other schools to have a dot. It evens the game out and adds the possibility of strategy.

Yes I agree that fires main is dot and life's main is healing. Death is stealing health. Myth is minions and stun. Ice is shielding and high health. Balance is all of the schools really combined *except for some reason it did not get a dot attack from fire like I believe it should get*. And as a side note my life is a commander was a warlord before I had to downrank to get into matches. I am not saying you can not do it but I am saying the game become very predictable when you do not have a dot card. I take that from experience from my fire. Lay a fire elf followed my a heck hound and its almost unstoppable. Or a fire elf to attack break fire shields that round and then come back with a helphant or a dragon maybe even another elf so they do not have a purpose in shielding. See with life I use a minion get traps, leprechaun take off shields then put feint then attack with a forest lord on 2-3 blades. Maybe even use a centaur and I use a shatter if they have to many shields.

I am not one to argue strategy, it creates variety and makes the game fun. If I loose, I only grow cause I learn the knowledge of how the other player beat me. I never said a dot is how to become a challenger, that is not what I said at all. See life is at a loss of cards compared to other schools on its own unless you have an amulet to help you. So a life dot adds variety to the game where other people cant guess what your doing or what your plan of attack is. It opens the gate up for many more combinations of attacks for life and maybe will bring more life people into pvp that is just my thought.

So I think, however, that a life dot would be good for the game and is why I would like to see is as a lvl 68 spell for my life character. You may have your own opinions but to sit there and say what I am saying is is ridiculous is obviously false. It has support and ideas behind what I am saying. To bash it just cause you do not like the idea is not really necessary and not what I intended for this board it was to get life spells brought up so KI could hopefully choose something nicer for life except healing.

Healing is not really a factor anymore like it used to be when you add a 42 % healing boost and give other schools the life amulet they become a person of life in a way and what is the use for the life person then? That is why I say that life should recieve an attack spell or a DOT to just go along with the flow of things so to speak. That is my opinion.

Like I said, "All other DoT spells are either offered through equipment or are mutations," therefore they are irrelevant to the topic at hand. You can't automatically get these spells; you either buy them with crowns or get them through Grizzleheim and Wintertusk.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see your point. The only over-time spells Life should have in my opinion are HoT. It's completely unnecessary for Life to have a DoT spell, just like it's unnecessary for Ice Angel and Skeletal Dragon to be DoTs (Frostbite and Poison make sense, which is why they don't bother me). This is exactly why people say the schools are too similar. It's not about "balancing" the schools; it's about making your school's strengths work to your advantage. Would it make the schools more balanced if a healing spell was added to every school? Yes, but would that be fair and necessary? No, which is why KI hasn't added that either. Yes, the inclusion of Life amulets have set Theurgists back a bit, but no non-Theurgist can get every healing spell. I don't mean to insult your intelligence on the game and I'm not against this idea because I don't like it. The idea just isn't necessary. Lastly, this is obviously all about PvP, which is why I'm not entertaining this idea anymore. I don't have time for this.