Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Malistare hard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
Ive just started Dragonspyere and wondering if Malistares hard.
I've beaten a few bosses and they were a tiny bit hard. Now im up to a quest where i have to go to the Grand Chasm and beat some Crystal Crawlers. There a bit hard for me sience im ice too, well if your up to defeting malistare or already did is he hard? Please let me know. 8)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Survivor
Oct 30, 2010
ilovecats32 wrote:
I've beaten a few bosses and they were a tiny bit hard. Now im up to a quest where i have to go to the Grand Chasm and beat some Crystal Crawlers. There a bit hard for me sience im ice too, well if your up to defeting malistare or already did is he hard? Please let me know. 8)

He isn't hard. Or at least not when you have 3 others helping. The Dungeon called "The Great Spyre" is the one where you fight his allies and him.
I'd say that difficulty is medium. It isn't hard or too easy.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
SuperGamer777 wrote:
ilovecats32 wrote:

He isn't hard. Or at least not when you have 3 others helping. The Dungeon called "The Great Spyre" is the one where you fight his allies and him.
I'd say that difficulty is medium. It isn't hard or too easy.
i agree its not that hard i've done the dungeon twice already and never died well except once but besides that lol the dungeon is medium

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
ilovecats32 wrote:

Malistaire's not bad... ESPECIALLY not compared to those Crystal Crawlers. Ugh. I'm Ice as well, and those things annoyed me to no end.

Don't worry about Malistaire - if you can get some friends with you, he's actually quite easy and fun.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
ilovecats32 wrote:
Personly to me i dont think its hard.

JennaGoldenHorn level 53 Grandmaster Necromancer.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
i just started too and i am not that nervous just get a balance and life and thunder and you are good plus malastaire's minions helps you i think
also i am wondering how much health he has and is there like challenges before you reach him in the dungeon?

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
peter1pop wrote:
i just started too and i am not that nervous just get a balance and life and thunder and you are good plus malastaire's minions helps you i think
also i am wondering how much health he has and is there like challenges before you reach him in the dungeon?

malistaire has 10,000 health he is death rank 10
he has 4 minions they are weak KI fixed malistaire he used to be that way where a minion would help even though that was a joke and only for a short time when people complained malistaire was to strong and had a cheat so KI raised his health from 50k to 100k with no minin but sylvia who helps you
now his health is 10k 4 weak death minions the worst spell i ever remembering malistaire use in the 12 times i beat him was wraith
malistaire is a total noob

there are challenges before you get to him you have to fight a fire or gurtok i believe you only have to fight one then go through a door on another platform and get the keys or whatever it is called you will most likely have to fight 2 minion battles getting to him its on a really small circle you have to pass there is a circle with 4 fire mob
then after that there is a circle with 3 collosus looking things i avioded them it is hard though then when you get to an elevator like i said up there the fire and ice gurtok then when you go through the door there is another you have to fight 2 battles with ice draconians then after that you have to fight one battle with malistaires death ghost different ones guarding him then malistaire malstaire is easy trust me you have fought harder bosses in mooshu to make dungeon go faster have a life friend

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
thank you for all your great ansers ive FINALLY done the crystal crawlers and now im level 45 :D

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
also um i do try and ask my friends to help me but they say "Sorry too busy"
or things like "One minute im busy fighting" and they always come 15 minutes ago and ive already died argh

i always help them but never help me

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
blaze552563 wrote:
peter1pop wrote:

malistaire has 10,000 health he is death rank 10
he has 4 minions they are weak KI fixed malistaire he used to be that way where a minion would help even though that was a joke and only for a short time when people complained malistaire was to strong and had a cheat so KI raised his health from 50k to 100k with no minin but sylvia who helps you
now his health is 10k 4 weak death minions the worst spell i ever remembering malistaire use in the 12 times i beat him was wraith
malistaire is a total noob

there are challenges before you get to him you have to fight a fire or gurtok i believe you only have to fight one then go through a door on another platform and get the keys or whatever it is called you will most likely have to fight 2 minion battles getting to him its on a really small circle you have to pass there is a circle with 4 fire mob
then after that there is a circle with 3 collosus looking things i avioded them it is hard though then when you get to an elevator like i said up there the fire and ice gurtok then when you go through the door there is another you have to fight 2 battles with ice draconians then after that you have to fight one battle with malistaires death ghost different ones guarding him then malistaire malstaire is easy trust me you have fought harder bosses in mooshu to make dungeon go faster have a life friend

Wow, thanks for all that imformation i dont have too worry that much when i fight mailistare but i always be preperd :D

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
I just finished Malistaire last night with my daughter. I am a lvl 52 GM death, and my daughter is a lvl 30 balance. She really wanted to see him so I decided to take her through the dungeon. Here is a few quick tips:

1: Avoid the trash mobs on the platforms in between the big chains in the main area, you don't have to fight them, just hug the outside of the platform and move on. If you do encounter them, just beat them because they don't come back. If you defeat 1 or 2 and come back they will only have 2 left. I did these solo because my daughter runs into everything heh.

2: Once you get around the two platforms of 4 monsters (either by going around or defeating them) then you take the elevator up. Once at the top you will see an ICE gurlok on one platform and a FIRE gurlok on the other. You don't need to defeat both, skip the ICE, just defeat the FIRE and go into the hall past the FIRE gurlok platform.

3: Once past the Fire Gurlok, go down the hall avoid the trash monsters and exit the other side. Go hit the switch which will unlock the center door to Malistaire.

4: Go up the incline right in front of the elevator through the now unlocked door and you will reach the main double door guardians to Malistaire. I am death so I didn't even have full potions, I leave the battle at full health and move on to the next. I believe the two groups of 4 holding the double doors shut are ICE. Pretty easy, I just had my daughter load me up with blades and traps and overpowered their 50% Tower shields with Scarecrow and we moved on.

5: Through the double doors is 4 Death minions. They have 1k health, I just prismed them and bladed/trapped scarecrow and we moved on.

6: CUT SCENE Malistaire and crew chat, final Malistaire battle was easier to me then the ONI's. Once again I just prism'd his death minions and scarecrowed them away, then had my daughter use blades/traps and I bladed and trapped. Malistaire went down in 3 Wraith spells. He has 10k health. Casts weak spells, he even hit me with dark fairy a few times :-) I have no critical gear, 17% resist, 32% death power. But with death prism's Malistaire drops.

3 hits

1st: 1958 dmg
2nd: 2278 dmg
3rd: 6066 dmg LOL ( no crit) I left the battle with full health I think the blades traps I used for the final hit was, pardon the spells I don't know her balance well enough
40% blade (death) 35% blade balance mine, 35% balance hers, 25% hers, 30% + death hers, on malistaire 70% feint, 30% trap, 20% trap, 25% balance trap.

Heh 6066 dmg KO :-) Malistaire is easy, you don't need three or four people. I have 2705 hps and my daughter at lvl 30 had 1700.

Hope this helps,
Gabriel Deathwalker