Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we add this to the non chatters list of button

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
I really hate it when people jump into a fight especially near the end. My biggest pet peeve in the whole game.

I would like a button that I could click. That says.

Please ask before joining a fight thank you.

There fore there should be a button can I help. Not sure there might be one anyways.

I know The staff encourage helping out. But I think they have missed a vital message to the young players. Manners.

Nothing more frustrating than having a non chatter jump into your game and there is nothing you can say that shows you are not happy but in a polite way. To point out the nicer way to join a fight.

It is great to say go in and help. But once a battle has started to remember to ask before you jump in.

Please Teachers of Wizards empart the polite game play.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
I do agree with the be polite aspect, but even I, as an adult, can sometimes join a battle by accident. If you run too closely to a circle, or if you get the attention of a monster and your battle circle is the closest one, you will join. And to me it is ruder to join and flee, than to join and fight.

I am a parent of a couple of wizards, and I ensure that they are polite about battles and all aspects of social interaction. :)

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this to the choices for non chat buttons
I have died many times due to nonchat friends porting without asking first, and when they port see they are not ready and flee leaving me with extra monsters to kill. I have deleated friends i otherwise enjoyed playing with because of this. I enjoy helping the young ones as i call them, but if there is no manners of asking it takes away from my game fun.

littlebelle wrote:
I really hate it when people jump into a fight especially near the end. My biggest pet peeve in the whole game.

I would like a button that I could click. That says.

Please ask before joining a fight thank you.

There fore there should be a button can I help. Not sure there might be one anyways.

I know The staff encourage helping out. But I think they have missed a vital message to the young players. Manners.

Nothing more frustrating than having a non chatter jump into your game and there is nothing you can say that shows you are not happy but in a polite way. To point out the nicer way to join a fight.

It is great to say go in and help. But once a battle has started to remember to ask before you jump in.

Please Teachers of Wizards empart the polite game play.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
The part I don't like about someone joining without asking is when I'm near done with a mob, I have one spell to cast on it for it to die....and bam...someone jumps in, pulling another mob with them. Sometimes I'm low on health when I'm just finishing up and I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but the mob they pull in attacks me instead of the new person joining. So there have been a few times when I'm low on health, just used all my pips to take out the original mob I pulled and I have no way to heal, so I die due to the other person jumping in.

Is this how the game is intended, or is it borked? If it is working as intended shouldn't it be made where if you are near to an end of a fight, you cannot have new joiners? Or make it so the person that drags the new mob in automatically is the one the mob focuses its attacks on.

Otherwise I don't mind if someone joins or not, just don't hop in when I'm near to being done, wait until I refill my health and pull a new one. Or ask before joining.

But if the game is going to have the new mob concentrate on the first person even though its the second mob pulled in by the joining person, then yes, we need to have a way to not allow that person to join in.

Seriously, it's not fair that I have to die because someone decides they are going to "help me." Fix the game so that either:
1. You have to ask to join and the person must click a button to accept the join.
2. Or if a person joins the next mob that gets pulled in concentrates on the person that joins, regardless if they pass or not.

The way it works now makes me feel as if there are a lot of mean people out there, when in actuality, they maybe just trying to help or need help themselves. Fix this fast, please!!

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
YES! This would really help. I hate it when I am caught up with more monsters because of some menu chat player that flees as soon as they join.

Another nice addition would be to say your level in battle. Then everyone wouldn't try to say "too, tree, for, fifth, fix..." and so on to avoid the chat filter blocking them.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
Cragmyre wrote:
I do agree with the be polite aspect, but even I, as an adult, can sometimes join a battle by accident. If you run too closely to a circle, or if you get the attention of a monster and your battle circle is the closest one, you will join. And to me it is ruder to join and flee, than to join and fight.

I am a parent of a couple of wizards, and I ensure that they are polite about battles and all aspects of social interaction. :)

And therefore I am sure they say sorry. Maybe we should have a sorry I got drawn in button and that covers it both. I am glad you are teaching your kids great manners.

Hey maybe we should have a quest in Wizard city just on proper battle edicate. The duel master could go over some tips to young wizards.

Also is there a button for wait let me try or stop. Let me try. I was helping out a non chatter and had no way to commincate to him. We were in the vault of ice and he was doing the obslieks all wrong. I knew the pattern but finally he stopped on wait.

Would have been so much easier if we had stop now, Wait let me try. Please do not do that. lol.

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
yea like always when i get a new card i go to unicornway cause there is low monster with low attack cause i don't want to die and didn't see max hit
but there is always a low lvl there that join the match and i always say plz don't kill the soul but do they listen no! but now i found a new place where they can't come and there is low monster (golem tower)