Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why, oh Why...

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
...Are people so rude in pvp! I know there are a bajillion posts about this, but i want to put in my opinion. I dont pvp much, i never really have time.
But when i do, i try to be polite, even when i lose. One day i lost to 2 storm guys in 2 seperate matches, and my rank went down by 25. (oh well, thats pvp 4 ya) Then i battled this fire wiz. He seemed nice at first, and we had a fun battle. Then he tried to use efreet on me. With all his blades, it did maybe 600 damage. (Take in mind my gear gives me 72% resist and 43% damage boost) He seemed impresses. Then I used Efreet on him and won. Guess what he said? "Cheap". That is all i ever hear in pvp these days. "Cheap". Its like there are sparrows that hang out near the arena. The 2 Storm Guys i battled said "gg" Good Game. Thats all.
I am now personally ashamed at my own school.
William Crowthistle Legendary Theurgist, er, pyromancer
8)

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
how do you have 72 resist! i dont think thats possible! besides just ingore people being rude sometimes they just want an excuse for their own failure but sometimes their deck might just be mean.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Alright, I've found that if you turn off your text chat window by clicking on the X at the top right corner, it makes you look like you don't have text chat. People aren't going to trash talk you or something like that, because they think that you won't understand them.

You cast a spell, win, make the chat window go up say gg, and that's it. End of story, really.

And hanable33, it is very possible to have a 72% resist. Maybe not a universal resist, but you could have a resist to just one school.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
Don't worry, your not the only one. Just ignore them they are maybe they don't like loosing. Just ignore them in my opinion :-)

Nicole FrostHunter, Lvl 39, Myth

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
My little brother is like 6 years old and very sensitive. He is a master at pvp he is a warlord. And when your a warlord you face em' and trust me, do warlord get mad when they lose. My little bro has about 200 wins and 23 loses and he is good. Your not gonna expect warlords that worked months to get where they are will be nice about being a commander. They are talking smack to him and he cries and I have figured out how to get him to stop crying but still teenagers talking rude to a 6 year old is just wrong!!!

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Alright, I've found that if you turn off your text chat window by clicking on the X at the top right corner, it makes you look like you don't have text chat. People aren't going to trash talk you or something like that, because they think that you won't understand them.

You cast a spell, win, make the chat window go up say gg, and that's it. End of story, really.

And hanable33, it is very possible to have a 72% resist. Maybe not a universal resist, but you could have a resist to just one school.

sorry i thought he meant universal resist

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
scotttttttttt wrote:
My little brother is like 6 years old and very sensitive. He is a master at pvp he is a warlord. And when your a warlord you face em' and trust me, do warlord get mad when they lose. My little bro has about 200 wins and 23 loses and he is good. Your not gonna expect warlords that worked months to get where they are will be nice about being a commander. They are talking smack to him and he cries and I have figured out how to get him to stop crying but still teenagers talking rude to a 6 year old is just wrong!!!

ok just wondering how can a 6 year old have people be mean to him if he only has menu chat if he lied about his age then just switch it back and he wont notice them being rude

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
The ignore button is a beautiful thing. Use it liberally. You can even use it in the middle of a match. :P

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
hanable33 wrote:
scotttttttttt wrote:

ok just wondering how can a 6 year old have people be mean to him if he only has menu chat if he lied about his age then just switch it back and he wont notice them being rude

this is a family and kids game and that type of stuff should not be happening

I just watched a movie on TV about cyber bullying against minors now being illegal in over 30 U.S. states, and I would think this type of abuse would warrant attention by Wizard101 enough to temporarily and/or permanently suspend player accounts due to their hostility towards others.

I'd report the perpetrators as I don't see how such bullying is even legal.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
Agreed wizards are a let down and its annoying always and they like "wow you cheated and treasured" its like wow thanks allot

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
72 resist? Sounds too good to be true. Also, this game doesn't revolve around PvP, so just don't do it anymore. Also, there's a thing called ignore button, it's like a little piece of heaven. Use it, no more problems.