Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks, Please stop leaving

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
I enter waterworks wtih another player as soon as we enter he/she leaves. I don't understand why the person is leaving, could anyone tell me why?

Dylan LifeDreamer
Lvl 60 Balance

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
how many people did you go in with? he/she may have wanted four players.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Did you ask to join them before you jumped on the sigil? Some people are trying to meet up with their group going in alone.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The person may have wanted specific wizards or a specific group.

There may not have been four wizards.

Somebody without text chat may have been in the group..

The wizard may not like the combination of schools of the group.

The player may not like a certain wizard in the group.

At least you're not wasting much time. What's really bad are the people who say that they're going to do the full dungeon and then leave as soon as Luska is defeated.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
To Nictias: I only came in with one.
To kingurz: I didn't ask anyone.

I thought it was power or because I'm balance, Thanks for the help.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
breseman wrote:
I enter waterworks wtih another player as soon as we enter he/she leaves. I don't understand why the person is leaving, could anyone tell me why?

Dylan LifeDreamer
Lvl 60 Balance

Breseman,

I do know that you will need the help of at least three, almost did it with two, but I do know a great secret that aided me until some wizards messed me up by accident, and the other dude was begging me to hurry, with one enemy left.

You can't teleport in, but you can continue as long as one group member is still inside Waterworks, you can jump out refill and then re-enter. The monsters are nail-biters, but I would mark my location next to the sigils to return quickly.

Timothy Pearlflower, Legendary Ice in Wysteria

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
There are several explanations:

1. If there are less than 4 players, they might want 4 because it is easier.
2. They might want to join the group they started with.
3. That person is trying to defy logic and solo it.
4. WW takes a long time, so that person might have chores or something and underestimated the duration.
5. That person only needed the hood from Luska and the minute he/she got it, he/she left.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
It's always best to ask before you join someone entering Waterworks. They may be trying to get back to a teammate or teammates, and therefore be in a really big hurry. If you join them, they have to leave and start over.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with people who claim they want to finish Waterworks, and then leave right after they have gotten their drops from Luska. It's really manipulative and dishonest to outright lie to other players and waste at least a half an hour of their time, only to run out on them. I now lose an average of two teammates after Luska. Come on, guys. There are plenty of other players who just want to farm Luska. Have a little integrity and team up with them, please.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
catbird11 wrote:
It's always best to ask before you join someone entering Waterworks. They may be trying to get back to a teammate or teammates, and therefore be in a really big hurry. If you join them, they have to leave and start over.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with people who claim they want to finish Waterworks, and then leave right after they have gotten their drops from Luska. It's really manipulative and dishonest to outright lie to other players and waste at least a half an hour of their time, only to run out on them. I now lose an average of two teammates after Luska. Come on, guys. There are plenty of other players who just want to farm Luska. Have a little integrity and team up with them, please.

Yeah, I agree. Great point there.....8)

Defender
May 31, 2011
They may be leaving because they are trying to rejoin the group they are all ready in.

If anyone other than the original group members join and they go in the dungeon is reset for them and they can no longer join their group.

If is always best to ask if the other person minds them joining in, otherwise you may mess up the dungeon for them.