Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crab Alley good for 3 levels from level 12

AuthorMessage
Adherent
May 20, 2010
For your information:

I just finished Crab Alley. I started the quest almost exactly at the beginning of level 12, when the quest becomes available. When I finished it at Sohomer Sunblade, I had just reached level 15. I also soloed almost everything, which I believe gives more experience than would be gotten from always going in groups.

So if the quest is started at level 12, it appears to be good for about three levels.

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
I appreciate you putting information like this out there, as some players aren't equipped (gear or skill-wise) to go off to krokotopia.

But....

In my experience, the experience you gain at the end of a fight is based on the number of pips you used in a fight. If you run in to someone else's duel and continually pass, you wont get any experience when the fight is done.

I went to golem tower to test my hypothesis;
Beat the first golem in 1 turn, using a 1 pip spell- gained 3 exp.
Re-entered, passed my first turn, used a 2 pip spell- gained 6 exp.
Same thing with a 3 pip spell- gained 9 exp.

This information could also mean that the experience you gain is based on the number of turns it takes, in relation to the number of spells you use. For example, you wouldn't want to not get any experience just because you wand someone down to 0 health and use 0 pips doing it.

As for more or less experience when fighting in groups....generally following the above rule, you would gain more experience, because the fights would involve more enemies, thus lasting more turns and taking more pips to finish.

If you notice at the very end of a multi-player duel, not everybody will always get the same amount of experience, depending on their involvement in the fight or when they came in to it. This way you can be in control of how much exp you gain, and aren't penalized or miss out on experience by going through quests solo or with others.

There may be a limit to the max experience you can gain based on the rank of your opponent, and whether or not they are elite. I don't know this for sure.

Hope this helps you, as the karma fairies like to help those who help others.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
classact21 wrote:
This information could also mean that the experience you gain is based on the number of turns it takes, in relation to the number of spells you use. For example, you wouldn't want to not get any experience just because you wand someone down to 0 health and use 0 pips doing it.

This.

I'm pretty sure experience doesn't have anything to do with whether you are solo or grouped, since it is based on turns (and using cards). However, the amount of gold and drops does matter if you are solo or grouped.

Since experience is based on turns, an old trick use to be going to Golem Tower and using 0 pip spells over and over without killing the Golem since it would max your experience for little effort (at very low levels).

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
kingurz wrote:

Since experience is based on turns, an old trick use to be going to Golem Tower and using 0 pip spells over and over without killing the Golem since it would max your experience for little effort (at very low levels).

This.

Anyone trying to get the remaining 10-25 golems for the Golem Breaker title should use this method for a nice chunk of experience along with your title :)