Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Health and myth improvmeant

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
Angel here,
I notice as the game progresses there is the constant struggle of new spells, with each spell more damage, I am wondering if by any chance we can up the amount of health in some way shape or form, weather it is through clothing or just the base health marker, raising the health marker for at least the higher lvl players would be appreciated because some players do have a hard time (like myself) always finding a team, and as it is known myth with its minions are more independant players and sometimes would rather try and tackle a rather tough challange on there own.
I speak for myself and maybe some other payers when i say that sometimes it is more challenging for one to be able to accomplish a difficult feat alone rather with a group. Being a lvl 60 myth with close to the strongest gear possible I have come to realize that the independance of being myth is slowely slipping away as you get stronger, granted yes the game is getting harder, but please id really like to see the independace of myth come back a little through maybe some type of minion that will actually be abe to stand up to some of these cheating bosses.
I please ask for some feedback from a professor or someone and their thoughts on this whole concept of reverting myth to more independant school in higher worlds (but not totally independant)
. . . . .thank you for your time

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Oh Neo82009.... I read and hear your plight. I feel your frustrations.

But trust me... I already wrote about this, and tried to let KI hear what I had to say.

KI will not change anything converning Myth. This much has been made very clear to me.

But, if they do, miraculously, I will rejoice right along with you.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2011
my myth right now is lvl 57,

I am having a very rough time. I still haven't been able to get the level 55 spell, not even close. To compare, I have done this quest with a ice wizard, and a balance wizard, with out failing at all.

The Minions what makes this class, but it also what makes it a failure.

To make myth more special, it should allow control over what the Minions cast,
or what cards are in the Minions deck.

And or, that Myth can start out a duel with its Minion from the start, if there is room, or make a slot for minions.

The lvl 58 spell is some what a let down, it not AOE. having a stun that is for 2 rounds is cool, BUT most stuff is going to be immune to it the stun, so what good about it? I would think it would be a 2 bladed attack first sweep does like 175 damage to all, then 2 attack does like 495 to all, and get rid of the stun it useless.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Neo82009 wrote:
Angel here,
I notice as the game progresses there is the constant struggle of new spells, with each spell more damage, I am wondering if by any chance we can up the amount of health in some way shape or form, weather it is through clothing or just the base health marker, raising the health marker for at least the higher lvl players would be appreciated because some players do have a hard time (like myself) always finding a team, and as it is known myth with its minions are more independant players and sometimes would rather try and tackle a rather tough challange on there own.
I speak for myself and maybe some other payers when i say that sometimes it is more challenging for one to be able to accomplish a difficult feat alone rather with a group. Being a lvl 60 myth with close to the strongest gear possible I have come to realize that the independance of being myth is slowely slipping away as you get stronger, granted yes the game is getting harder, but please id really like to see the independace of myth come back a little through maybe some type of minion that will actually be abe to stand up to some of these cheating bosses.
I please ask for some feedback from a professor or someone and their thoughts on this whole concept of reverting myth to more independant school in higher worlds (but not totally independant)

I don't disagree with the meat of what you're saying, I just think the biggest issue is the cheating bosses. You can't keep your minions from violating rules and triggering the cheats. Correct me if I'm wrong, however... but as I recall, it is only optional bosses that cheat?

Champion
May 03, 2011
I don't disagree with the meat of what you're saying, I just think the biggest issue is the cheating bosses. You can't keep your minions from violating rules and triggering the cheats. Correct me if I'm wrong, however... but as I recall, it is only optional bosses that cheat?

I think that's true except for Nastrond--but I haven't done Trial of the Spheres yet. I believe some or one of the bosses is a cheater there, too? And of course there's the Wysteria update, full of cheaters that make minions too difficult to use. An "optional" world, I guess...but that strains the definition of the term, I think. I agree, also, with the original poster on the issue of "independence." As I wrote elsewhere on this forum, Myth is specifically set up for people who solo. The "questionnaire" at the beginning makes that clear. But then, as you advance, the rules change so that Myth becomes mostly a "support school." Low health, weaker attacks, no big AoE. I have changed my game thanks to some excellent advice here, so that I can solo a lot of CL--but any boss with over 6,000 health (and a minion of 1500-2000) is pretty impossible for me to do alone with Myth. And minions are very tricky at this level too (hence my question elsewhere, and thanks again, gtarhannon, for your thoughtful reply/advice there)--using minions may tax the strategic capabilities of most players. It's clear to me, after Wysteria, that KI wants to make cheating bosses more integral to the game. But where does that leave Myth? Far from the original idea that prompted the school's creation, I think. I am starting to feel that KI just doesn't want to do anything about this issue at all, which is disappointing. My son has a level 26 Myth that he's all but abandoned after seeing what it takes to make the school work at levels 50-60.

*Sigh* So many Myth threads, yet it seems nothing will change. Again, I am doing pretty well now, but I can't see a younger kid playing this school all that well unless he/she is a precocious strategist. And even then, low health and weak attacks aren't fair, it seems to me. If they aren't going address the minion issue, I wish they would at least make attacks stronger or health more robust.

Tabitha, level 60 Myth

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
With legendary myth gear and/or crafted wintertusk myth gear, you get universal resistance. That is, essentially, a health boost. I think myth is doing much better than they were pre-wintertusk! -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
shortzie21095 wrote:

The lvl 58 spell is some what a let down, it not AOE. having a stun that is for 2 rounds is cool, BUT most stuff is going to be immune to it the stun, so what good about it? I would think it would be a 2 bladed attack first sweep does like 175 damage to all, then 2 attack does like 495 to all, and get rid of the stun it useless.

You underestimate the power of compound damage addition, and Medusa is fine the way it is if you just strategize a bit.

Let's take my Myth's stats and gear as an example, on a standard mob with 0% school vulnerability, and see how you should not poo-poo on lowly 775-damage Medusa.

So there I am, in a group, with my lowly 775 Medusa.

Ahh, but I use Sun Gargantuan (the +225 version, not the +250) on the card, making it 995 damage.

Now I add on the 68% damage boost from my gear. Up to 1671 damage already.

But I also have the +15% aura, so now even before the blades fire off, Medusa is going to crank out 1,922 damage.

Blade time. Let's see what I can stack.

There are the standard two 35% versions, Spiritblade and Mythblade, but I also have the Poetic Chieftain's Helm, which gives 40%, and the weird death one that damages you and gives you 35%.

With those 4 blades adding a total of 145%, it is now up to 4,708 damage.

If a balance mage was kind enough to cast BladeStorm and BalanceBlade, it would have been 190%, for 5,574 damage. (If the 15% aura is calculated with the blades, instead of before them, this would be 5097. I note this in the parenthesis that follows. The point is still the same.)

Now we get to the traps on the mob. Stick on the standard MythTrap with the SpiritTrap for an extra 50%, 8361 (7646) damage.

See where this is going? How about in addition to the standard traps, we also add the myth trap item card (35%), a Hex (30%) and the two versions of Feint (70% & 75%)?

That takes our lowly 775 Medusa and pegs it at 23,411 (21,407) damage!

How's your critical gear? Make it 46,822 (42,819) damage! And there are probably a few more blades/trap version I am missing from the various schools/treasure cards.

Before you think this is all blown out of proportion, I had a setup similar to this with Medusa, but not all the blades/traps you see above, while fighting that minotaur guy in the 4 monster region of the Plaza of Conquests. With a prism, and many blades and a feint, I critical hit him for 49,990 damage. (Remember, the prism turns myth to storm, and myth is weak against storm. Have to take that into consideration as well.)

So without going too crazy and simply using moderate blade and trap stacking, you can belch out 4000-5000 all day long with the snake lady.

The other day someone wanted to friend me in Waterworks solely because he said he had never seen a Myth do "so much damage" with the frog/snake lady.

Keep that in mind the next time you think a spell should be changed. :-\

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
gtarhannon wrote:
Neo82009 wrote:
Angel here,

there are some storyline cheating bosses in cl and wysteria

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:

No, the Celestian bosses technically cheat, but they are not as hard as their side quest counterparts.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
HooVooLoo wrote:
shortzie21095 wrote:

You underestimate the power of compound damage addition, and Medusa is fine the way it is if you just strategize a bit.

Let's take my Myth's stats and gear as an example, on a standard mob with 0% school vulnerability, and see how you should not poo-poo on lowly 775-damage Medusa.

So there I am, in a group, with my lowly 775 Medusa.

Ahh, but I use Sun Gargantuan (the +225 version, not the +250) on the card, making it 995 damage.

Now I add on the 68% damage boost from my gear. Up to 1671 damage already.

But I also have the +15% aura, so now even before the blades fire off, Medusa is going to crank out 1,922 damage.

Blade time. Let's see what I can stack.

There are the standard two 35% versions, Spiritblade and Mythblade, but I also have the Poetic Chieftain's Helm, which gives 40%, and the weird death one that damages you and gives you 35%.

With those 4 blades adding a total of 145%, it is now up to 4,708 damage.

If a balance mage was kind enough to cast BladeStorm and BalanceBlade, it would have been 190%, for 5,574 damage. (If the 15% aura is calculated with the blades, instead of before them, this would be 5097. I note this in the parenthesis that follows. The point is still the same.)

Now we get to the traps on the mob. Stick on the standard MythTrap with the SpiritTrap for an extra 50%, 8361 (7646) damage.

See where this is going? How about in addition to the standard traps, we also add the myth trap item card (35%), a Hex (30%) and the two versions of Feint (70% & 75%)?

That takes our lowly 775 Medusa and pegs it at 23,411 (21,407) damage!

How's your critical gear? Make it 46,822 (42,819) damage! And there are probably a few more blades/trap version I am missing from the various schools/treasure cards.

Before you think this is all blown out of proportion, I had a setup similar to this with Medusa, but not all the blades/traps you see above, while fighting that minotaur guy in the 4 monster region of the Plaza of Conquests. With a prism, and many blades and a feint, I critical hit him for 49,990 damage. (Remember, the prism turns myth to storm, and myth is weak against storm. Have to take that into consideration as well.)

So without going too crazy and simply using moderate blade and trap stacking, you can belch out 4000-5000 all day long with the snake lady.

The other day someone wanted to friend me in Waterworks solely because he said he had never seen a Myth do "so much damage" with the frog/snake lady.

Keep that in mind the next time you think a spell should be changed. :-\

This reply strays off topic. You can buff up a rank 4 spell to do over 10's of thousands of damage. Discussion is base damage and it's effecs, not boosting it with a dozen traps and blades. Critical rating is entirely by chance. Should not have been brought up to begin with.

I agree with the OP.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
Angel here,

Before i start i want to thank all those who have taken there time to read this one myth students plea for change, so thank you for the support fellow myths (and others)
So heres the thing, there were two main ideas and issues that have stuck out to me that i have read of those who have commented, one of which was the control some how of our myth minions, i really think this concept is a great idea. Weather it is litterally giving us full control over our minions during battles, putting what spells they can use, or something. ALSO another big thing with minions is that i REALLY think we should be able to summon multiple minions at least (maybe not in a pvp, but still) if we can buy multiple crowns minions why cant we just sommon more than one by using pips?
This topic of minion improvemeant also has to do with the topic that i still find worth fighting for and that is myths independance, the independance is what really makes the school, i read one comment that had mentioned that myth in its higher ranks is becomming a support school, though at an extent i do find this true because in numerous battles anytime i am on a team all I hear from my team is "use earth to get rid of there stuff", I dont think however it is entirely true because if you look at the way the myth school has been developed overall, KI has tried to make it an independance school and has done a pretty good job with it. I have to admite that KI has made it an independant school up to maybe lvl 48 or 50 at max but even then it starts to lose its independance.
KI, if you think about it, those of us myth students who have taken the test in the very very veeerrry beginning of the game, became myth because the test showed that we as indeviduals prefer to fight alone, and might even do better doing so. So i really dont mean to be rude but dont you think that as myth because we have "myth personalities" that we deserve to keep our independance?

Please KI hear my plea, as i speak for all my fellow myth brothers and sisters who stand with me, allow us freedom, grant us more independance to stand up and fight as myth was intended to, and honor us with the pride of accomplishing tough feats on our own, by granting us the independence we were given at the start.