Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

mounts are getting to big

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2009
I think that the new mounts like the skeletal dragon and the wyvern are to big, they take up half the street. The original dragon was big enough but now it is just ridiculous. The game designers should shrink the skeletal dragon and the wyvern and not make anything bigger.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I don't like them either for that reason. But, others think they are they cats meow. I think they should be left alone for those that have one and like it as is. If I win one it will go on display with my pets. I am tickled mounts can run around like pets now.
Megan

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
ordalac wrote:
I think that the new mounts like the skeletal dragon and the wyvern are to big, they take up half the street. The original dragon was big enough but now it is just ridiculous. The game designers should shrink the skeletal dragon and the wyvern and not make anything bigger.

i agree these things are humongus.

Champion
May 03, 2011

Totally agree. I find that a lot of the mounts are hard to navigate visually anyway, especially around dangerous corners (mb, for example). I just can't get a good visual feel for my space (if that makes sense) even on my standard blue dragon. He's now just a roaming pet at my house. I use brooms almost exclusively, although one of my wizards is doing fine with fairy wings. But these huge mounts are just too unwieldy from a visual perspective, it seems to me. Good for socializing, if you're into that, but not optimal as transport.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
Yup so hard to dodge monsters and bosses with those mounts. Haha, now that they aren't that new anymore, less people wear them. I prefer my bengal tiger or maybe seraph wings.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
When i first saw someone on the wyvern mount, a visual ran through my head of the movie 'The Never Ending Story' of Bastian (the main character kid) riding on the back of Falcor (the huge cloud dragon). -etherchaos

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I agree that the bone dragon and wyvern are to big, but the new pegasus is also a little big too. like the broom and tigers and horses are perfect size but big mounts take up to much space so i agree that k i should stop making big mounts.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
I quiet agree that these special mounts from the card packs are starting to get out of hand with their size. when I first saw the wyvern mount, I was like "ooh! pretty! I want one!" but the more I thought about it I figured I'd just end up letting it roam in one of my castles. Its seriously just too big to sneak around on... same goes for the bone dragon. I know people who ditched it for that reason. I'll stick with my unicorn and fairy wings thanks.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
ordalac wrote:

I dont really like the wyvern mounts that much... i think they are pretty cool but just a bit to flashy for me... i just leave them in my house to roam around i prefer something simple like my dragon wings

Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
I love my little lion. I call her my baby cheetah (that's my cat's name). She's the perfect size for me.

If others can handle it fine I guess.

I just don't like that they take up half of my screen and I can't see around them. It's kind of like a semi on a one lane highway and you can't pass because you don't know what's coming up. I don't want to go through them and find I'm suddenly in a fight, sigh. (This has happened before.)

Too bad they can't come up with a "cheetah"...they are the fastest animal in the world you know

Emma Stalker

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Agreed, they are too big. I've had friends get drawn into a battle while we just sat there because the wyvern's or bone dragon's tail was sticking out in the street. Not to mention if you are trying to get into a dungeon with a crew and you can't see who is in the sigils. They are great mounts visually, but for regular ease of use, I prefer my broom, some wings or possibly the carpet.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
I don't like them either for that reason. But, others think they are they cats meow. I think they should be left alone for those that have one and like it as is. If I win one it will go on display with my pets. I am tickled mounts can run around like pets now.
Megan

*smirk* You are tickled by that? lol. Anyway, I don't have one of those really big mounts, but if the swift gryphon is a big mounts, then yes, i do. They really do take up a lot of space. I guess the best mount for this issue are the wings, because they go on top of your character, not on the bottom, thus taking up less space.

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
Can't count how many times i've been dragged in to fights, and spent 10+ seconds trying to get in to the headmaster's house because my wyvern is nearly unmanageable.

But I sure do like it...

And i have to say, if it was smaller then they would need to completely re-design the scaling in relation to itself and the player. The way the dragon (not the bone) appears, the rider doesn't look like he would be breaking its back. If they shrunk down the wyverns and bone dragon, keeping their current proportions, I fear that the player would appear too large in comparison; looking even more awkward.

For the time I'll just keep it looking cool flying around my castle and move about on my simple, aesthetic, and non-fps killing wings :)

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
i agree way to big ike in the commons those big talking circles people have the wyvern and skeletal dragon it takes up half the space

Survivor
Sep 04, 2011
I think visually the huge mounts are nice on the eyes. But as for transportation I think they just make it harder. Myself I rather use a broom, wings, or my panther. Even if I ever did have enough money to get a huge mount I probably would only get it to have at a castle or something to roam around. Unless you are really only into socializing, I think a smaller mount would be easier to get around. So I agree with everyone. Though I don't think they should get rid of them, since they still look pretty awesome.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
Many of these mounts, i agree, are too big, and sometimes if you don't have one, many people exclude you from their little "group" because you don't have one. And then, i've seen this, the go around in big groups and block your vision for a few seconds and your just like woah i cant see! This is getting to be a big problem.

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
I always get jealous when I see how big those things are. But I would just as much, love to have one, so I'm kind of torn in this situation.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have to agree, with the two player ride maybe it is ok, but with some of the other mounts, they just take up too much space in the game. Times you can be standing somewhere and if someone ports to you or stands over you then you cant even see your wizard anymore. They need to be sized down because it is where you can no longer see the forest for the trees.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
ordalac wrote:

I agree, like if you have one person on a rhino in front of you, you can't see a thing

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I was puzzled when I bought the HawkRider Bundle seeing the mount takes the whole entire top half of my screen. And of course i just HAD to redeem it while doing marleybone and that is the only mount i hace on that account seeing i have no other characters. -.-

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
Apart from they're getting too big, does anyone know how to get 2 ppl on the rhino mount? it's supposed to be a 2 person mount, but i cant figure it out!

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
ordalac wrote:
I agree

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
ordalac wrote:
I agree but the nightmare is small I don't why :?

keelan myth blade sorser lvl 26
p.s. I like to spend time in wisteria