Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sgt. Muldoon's Quests in OldeTown.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
From the August 2011 updates, we had this change:

"New characters will be required to complete Triton Avenue before they are offered entry into Firecat Alley and Cyclops Lane. "

I just took a new character to this point, and I don't understand why they had to change this. Sgt. Muldoon used to give us all of the areas at one time (Cyclops Lane, Triton Avenue, and Firecat Alley).

Now he gives us Triton Avenue first. And when that is finished, you go back to him and you get Firecat Alley, and after that then you get Cyclops Lane.

I find Triton Avenue very hard with a new character. I always preferred to do Cyclops Lane first, and then Trition Avenue, and then Firecat Alley.

Was there any good reason for making this change? Am I missing something? :?

Administrator
We found that new, free to play players were confused by getting an early mission to an area that was closed to them (Firecat & Cyclops).

We chose to give them the quest to Triton Avenue first so they could explore that area before being presented with a purchase decision.

As for Firecat/Cyclops order, I'm honestly not sure.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
We found that new, free to play players were confused by getting an early mission to an area that was closed to them (Firecat & Cyclops).

We chose to give them the quest to Triton Avenue first so they could explore that area before being presented with a purchase decision.

As for Firecat/Cyclops order, I'm honestly not sure.

Okay. Thank you for the reply.

If it doesn't make any difference to KI, could they consider giving Cyclops Lane after Triton Avenue? Thanks again. :-)

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I agree that Cyclops lane is the easiest of the three areas mentioned; unless maybe you are a Myth wizard.
Cyclops Lane also seems quicker than the other two and not quite as exciting for some reason; maybe it could use an overhaul to perk it up a bit.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Okay. I'm back again. I am working on another new wizard, and went to see Sgt. Muldoon again.

I finished Triton Avenue, and I am almost finished Firecat Alley.

I just reached Level 10. After I finish Firecat Alley, then Sgt. Muldoon will send me to Cyclops Lane.

I still think that what I suggested in my earlier post would work better. Since they made the changes in Sgt. Muldoon giving out these quests/streets in this new order, I think it would make it flow more smoothly and be easier to handle (level-wise), it they gave Triton Avenue, then Cyclops Lane, and then Firecat Alley.

I found it kind of difficult to handle Firecat Alley while working toward my Level 10. Now at Level 10, I will be sent back to Cyclops Lane, and if I remember correctly, most of the items that are dropped or given there are Level 5. And it is going to seem like kind of a let-down (challenge-wise). I will feel like I am going backwards, instead of getting more difficult tasks to do.

Would KI please consider switching the order of these quests/streets to (1) Triton Avenue, then (2) Cyclops Lane, and then (3) Firecat Alley?

Thank you for listening. :)

Nora GoldenWhisper