Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks Pet snacks

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, my second Death, finally made it to Legendary yesterday!

So, of course, that means farming waterworks for my gear...

Well, so far, I have done the whole dungeon 9 times...

Out of the 9 times, I have gotten my hat and robe, still need my boots!

And, 3 Mega Snacks, for a whopping 100 xp....

Now, before, when doing waterworks, that would have been 18 Mega Snacks... Minimum of 25xp each, for a minimum of 450 xp...

But now, wow, 3 megas for 100xp, it is a total Joke!

Now, during peak hours, it is not too bad finding a team to do waterworks, but during off peak hours, it is pretty deserted there now and very tough to get a full team together...

KI must be really raking in the dough, saving that much money on mega snacks, plus, they decided to put a new Talent into the mix, May Cast Unicorn Spell... So now, most Legendary Wizards, are trying to mix their Best Pets with this new pet, weed out the Death Talents, get spell proof, spritely, unicorn, and 1 other talent...

Some, of course, will buy mega snack packs! As they have the money to do this...

Others, like myself, have to wait on mega snacks from my gardens... Especially since, it is worthless to even think that you will get enough mega snacks in WaterWorks to keep farming it...

I am sure KI is quite proud of themselves for making the new talent and bringing in the revenue after this total debacle!

Champion
May 03, 2011
I hesitated to contribute to this thread because the discussion has already become too heated and personal for my taste, and because I have never farmed Waterworks for snacks. But since the thread veered into larger issues, such as whether or not KI is asking kids to gamble, whether or not they care about longer-term, legendary players, and so on, I would like to point out a couple of things. First, the people on this forum are not representative players. We engage with the game on a different level than the majority of players who are younger (probably) and less invested in the finer points (definitely). Most of us have at least one legendary wizard. We think about stats, about damage points, etc etc. My son is 10 with a full friend list. Most of the people on his list will never hit legendary (he's a rare legend in this group, and only because I dragged him through the game to keep me company). They have been playing and subscribing (through their parents, of course) for a long time, and many of them hang out at like level 25 for months. They don't quest much. They socialize a lot. They collect pets--not for stats, but for the fun of having a new kind. And there are many, many more of them than there are of us. KI developed Wysteria for them.--new content that this vast demographic would find fun. The Helephant tower was a bone for the bored legends, but that's about it. Personally, I think they do "care" about devoted players. But they can't afford to care too much, because we are not where the profits are. And I don't think that's immoral or unfair--it's just business.

I do feel, however, that the "random drop" thing--whether we're talking about pet snacks, defeat/collect quests, hoard packs, or even pets who get spritely--has gone too far. I don't mind spending 2.50 for a mega-snack pack, but not if it's going to be full of snacks I don't want or need. I wouldn't let my son buy more than a couple hoard packs, because I felt the need to keep spending to get something he had almost no chance of getting (the elusive mount) was just not worth it, and was sending him the wrong message. This has become too much a part of the game, and needs to be re-assessed if KI is going to truly call itself kid-friendly. I could say more, but this is too long already.

In short: I still love this game, but aspects of it are beginning to wear on me. And I have two legends with very little to do, so I feel the pain of those of you with 6.

Tabitha

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
First - let me say to Tabby714 - Great Post!

Second - I did waterworks about three nights ago - just me and one other storm player. Together we toook down Syl.

All up, I received another skycream hat and boots. I also received two mega snacks (both death lvl 9s).

I was happy - I don't know wht they did to adjust the rates but it workd for me.

In the interest of full disclosure - my playing partner got "nothing but junk." :)

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
I just got to lvl 60 and the boss is nice he gives me tons of mega snacks for my pet I think that putting mega snacks in water works was a nice idea so every one lvl 60 can get snacks to train pets if they are board :)

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
AmericanHappy wrote:

Second - I did waterworks about three nights ago - just me and one other storm player. Together we toook down Syl.

All up, I received another skycream hat and boots. I also received two mega snacks (both death lvl 9s).

I was happy - I don't know wht they did to adjust the rates but it workd for me.

In the interest of full disclosure - my playing partner got "nothing but junk." :)

It is NOT true that u won't get other school's stuff in waterworks--I got balance and ice gear,low levels(52, 54); u really find yourself expecting an at least useable award for THAT dungeon

Armiger
May 10, 2010
archuman wrote:
AmericanHappy wrote:

It is NOT true that u won't get other school's stuff in waterworks--I got balance and ice gear,low levels(52, 54); u really find yourself expecting an at least useable award for THAT dungeon

Okay, first off, the other school gear that you get, is not Level 60 gear...

Level 60 gear is considered Legendary Gear, that is what was meant, not your low level irrelavent gear that is only good to sell...

The whole point, is that before, you could do waterworks and at least get something of Value, 2 Mega Snacks at the very Least!

Now, you may get nothing at all...

Okay, secondly, @ fire4breeder

Mega Snacks are Rank 8 & 9 pet snacks, ranging from 25xp to 50xp for your pet...

Silly pet food that are rank 5 & 6 does not qualify them as being Mega Snacks...

Now, you are lucky if you even get 1 mega snack per run, sometimes you wont get any, sometimes you can be really really lucky and get 2 maybe 3 once in a blue moon...

However, the drop rate should be increased, to where this dungeon is atleast worth farming again...

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I have noticed that occasional mega snacks still drop from waterworks. The chances seem to have been drastically reduced though.

Because they are definitely no longer 100% drops from those bosses.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
RosamaryH wrote:
I think people are making very good points! KI might not care about the devoted players anymore.

Yes, their changes might lose a lot of long lasting players, but with their expansions, and openings in new parts of the world, they figure, who needs us?

My question is, is it all about the money? Does making your customers happy and giving them stuff to do, until new releases, not mean anything anymore?

To give something, then take it away, without any official response?

That is just bad business if you ask me!

i relize that i'm a little behind on this topic but i was reading through and i have to say i agree, they make you pay for better items, seeds, etc. mounts, if you decide to change secondary schools, pets... i do honestly think all they care about is making money and putitng "family friendly" everywhere is because they are pretty strict on the rules and the severe lack of actual violince, but when you have to pay for just about everything, is it really worth it? :?