Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ack! Too Many People!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
I really don't like it when I'm summoning a minion of some sort or other, and then someone just comes up, just to run through it, and stare at it. What's the point of that? Ruining some little kid's dream that Wizard101 is actually real? Maybe when you get a quest that you'll need to summon a minion, you can get a pop-up window saying something like "Do you want to teleport to a private realm?" So there's no one other than you, and people who are in the same realm as you were in and doing a minion quest too. And if someone else is summoning the minion you're about to summon, like the tree minion in triton avenue, when you're about to get on the teleporter to go up, you get a pop-up window saying "Someone is summoning a minion. Please wait." Or something else along those lines. That way, no one gets annoyed, and no one's dreams are ruined :)
Thank you for reading.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
We're already passing through NPC's and other wizards, so why would minions be different?

I'm sure KingsIsle gave some thought to the idea of having wizards and NPC's solid (like Toontown), meaning you'd bump into them as you do other objects. In the end, they decided to go with transparency, such as Runescape has. It makes it a lot easier to move around in busy areas and prevents malicious people from teaming up to block access to areas.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
colagada wrote:
We're already passing through NPC's and other wizards, so why would minions be different?

I'm sure KingsIsle gave some thought to the idea of having wizards and NPC's solid (like Toontown), meaning you'd bump into them as you do other objects. In the end, they decided to go with transparency, such as Runescape has. It makes it a lot easier to move around in busy areas and prevents malicious people from teaming up to block access to areas.

I know, but what if you were one of the possably many cute little 7 year olds who's playing this game, and you feeling all happy and kinda "omg! what if it's real?" And then you get to summon a minion, and then everyone starts crowding out your view, running through you, running through the minion...my point wasn't to stress the transparancy, my point was that people can be annoying, and that's why it would be a good reason to give minion casters their own realm, which they would leave after they summon it, and be right in front of their teacher or something like that.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I just figured out - I think - what you are talking about.

Do you mean when say those School Chars come to give you a spell like say the snake or when Judge comes out of the lake in the wc commons?

If that is what you mean you will never achieve your goal. That is part of the experience of Wiz 101. Like you I thought there should be a way to play with your friends, but then that defeats the purpose. You will get those not only to congradulate you on your quests and new spell or level but they are inspire others. I remember the first time I saw the Fire hound in Old town it wasnt me and i wasnt sure what is going on so i stopped and checked it out. And when it was my turn others did.

Solo experiences are cool and sometimes when the realm is too crowded it takes away. But you can switch to a empty realm and do it.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
Sojourna wrote:
Solo experiences are cool and sometimes when the realm is too crowded it takes away. But you can switch to a empty realm and do it.

But that's just it - there aren't any empty realms. The commons are almost never empty, even in the realm with the least people. But it's kinda rude when people run through it, and through it, and through it, and through it... it just kind of ruins the awesomeness for me. Plus, it would probably be a voluntary thing, the pop-up could ask, and if you want, you could invite your friends or something like that. Also, it's just an idea :)

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I love the fact of seeing spells in action other than in battle. It makes the wizard world feel more wizardly, and I wish more of this was around. It's not THAT big of a deal since quests hardly offer this experience and if you don't like it, then maybe you should change districts? Sorry if I was rude.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Who cares? They just like messing around. It's annoying, but a bit funny. Just ignore them. They go away fast anyways.