Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Didn't get Olde News quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I didn't get the quest that opens up the main storyline quests for Firecat Alley, Triton Ave, and Cyclops Lane.
All three areas are open for me and I can do all the sidequests in them, but not the main storyline quests. I've tried talking to Sgt. Muldoon (I think that's his name) that gives those quests in Olde town but he has nothing to say to me. Is it possible to have those quests reset? Or did I just miss something really simple. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
KI made a change recently where you now have to complete Triton Ave main storyline first, before moving on to Firecat Alley or Cyclops Lane if you are a NEWLY created character (JUL/AUG maybe???). However, I don't know which quest that is or if a new one "bridged" that requirement.

"New characters will be required to complete Triton Avenue before they are offered entry into Firecat Alley and Cyclops Lane."

https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/august2011

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
spidweb00 wrote:
I didn't get the quest that opens up the main storyline quests for Firecat Alley, Triton Ave, and Cyclops Lane.
All three areas are open for me and I can do all the sidequests in them, but not the main storyline quests. I've tried talking to Sgt. Muldoon (I think that's his name) that gives those quests in Olde town but he has nothing to say to me. Is it possible to have those quests reset? Or did I just miss something really simple. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I just ran into the same thing with one of my newer accounts/wizards.

With the August 2011 updates, they did change Sgt. Muldoon's quests. I found this info on the fansite that might help:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203870&highlight=sgt+muldoon

After you finish Unicorn Way and defeat Lady Blackhope, then Merle Ambrose sends you to see Sgt. Muldoon. But he gives you only one street at a time now, starting with Triton Lane.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Thanks a lot for the answers. I was unaware of the changes. Unfortunately, I did all the side quests for Firecat Alley and Cyclops lane first, and hadn't started Triton yet. Oh well, time to get busy.