Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"If I knew then what I know now..."

AuthorMessage
Administrator

What have you learned in Wizard101 that you wish you'd known when you first started playing?
Wish you'd known more about how to put Treasure Cards in your Deck, or how to Discard & Draw Treasure Cards?

Tell us the little lessons you've learned along the way that you wish you'd known earlier in your journey through the Spiral.

community@wizard101.com
Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
"If I knew then what I know now..." What have you learned in Wizard101 that you wish you'd known when you first started playing? Wish you'd known more about how to put Treasure Cards in your Deck, or how to Discard & Draw Treasure Cards? Tell us the little lessons you've learned along the way that you wish you'd known earlier in your journey through the Spiral.
I'm predicting that the biggest response to this will involve the spending of training points. I know i've personally respecced them too many times. -eli and crew

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Wish I had known that one can right-click a name in the chat box to send a private message to that player when they are not in your friend list. Took me a couple of months to learn that.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
well i kind of learned how to manage my deck and what to put in.

- john firemancer level 60 legendary pyromancer
valkoor deathmancer level 23 adept necromancer

quote made by avhop 567:

"what you think is what you do".

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Hmm. I wish I knew how to draw treasure cards. I found out about a week ago, and I've been on the site since June '09. They're a LIFESAVER!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
The only thing that I was confused about was getting into other schools using training points. So that then I wasted them all and had to use crowns to restart them. It was mentioned in the tutorial but it was very confusing at them time after going through a major fight with Malistare. It was a lot to take in at the time and that if it was shown in a tutorial tip later it would be better!

Tristan Angleblade level 36 Pyromancer

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Prisms...It took me a while to figure out how to use them in conjunction with traps.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:

What have you learned in Wizard101 that you wish you'd known when you first started playing?
Wish you'd known more about how to put Treasure Cards in your Deck, or how to Discard & Draw Treasure Cards?

Tell us the little lessons you've learned along the way that you wish you'd known earlier in your journey through the Spiral.

For me it'd have to be discarding cards, you would not believe how many times I got defeating over not knowing how to discard.

Hunter LegendWraith level60 necromancer

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
When I started I thought your cards disappeared forever so I kept using the less powerful ones.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, besides the Training points!!! Obviously!!!

If I knew then, what I know now, I would have bought a zillion more mega snacks when you were able to purchased them in the Bazaar!!!

Yeah, that is probably one of the biggest things I miss... It made KI money, because people would buy mega snacks and sell them for lots of gold!

And those with lots of gold, could buy them without spending crowns...

It worked great for everyone! However, a gardening glitch, which a few players took advantage of, cost everyone!

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
mine would have to be deck set up blades traps and treasure cards

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Dispels. If, at level 25, I'd known that I was going to need them, I never would have spent my training-points on the other schools of magic. Now, it would cost me almost 10,000 crowns to buy them back, which, when you're a legendary, is kinda pointless; I definitely won't be making the same mistake with my other wizards.

If I knew then what I do now, I'd never have listened to the first entrance-test I took. Balance is, I've discovered, a great buffer for the attack-based schools, though terribly weak and underpowered on its own... If I had known what was coming, I would have deleted that character before she made it to Apprentice... Now, she's a legendary, and I've sorta bonded with her- mostly because getting her through Marleybone nearly sucked the life out of me, and deleting her now would mean that my time and patience were unnecessarily spent. Everyone has a school that fits him/her, but Balance just isn't it for me.

Signing off,

L.S.
Legendary Sorcerer

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
Selling things to the bazaar for more money and the SHARED BANK. I bought a bunch of crowns gear for my character. When she outleveled them, I sold them instead of giving them to my other characters. Such a bad decision. :(

Sophia AshHeart
Level 51 Balance

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
I think the use of treasure cards. Not just for attacks outside of your school, but enhancing your school spells (with accuracy or damage) and increasing your power (blades/traps). It also took me a while to figure out how the treasure deck worked. Other than that prisms and knowing when to put one on the enemy.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
That Astral schools were coming so my training would be spent accordingly. Another was not being able to use power pips on spells outside my school, if only i knew ... sigh ...
R. .N.A.N

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Some of the things I know now that I wish I new then are:

1) That the Ravenwood school spells are not all the spells in the game.
- Save some training points
2) That you do not need to wield a wand to cast a spell
- I prefer to not use one until it gives a bonus pip
3) You can close out of a minigame before it ends and still receive mana

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I wish I knew then not to ask higher levels for help. I got it the hard way :(

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
How to put my treasure cards and click the draw button, LOL

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
I wish I had known you could only have 3 houses at one time. Also that crowns is real money. Would have loved to know that one way before I started the game.

There's something else sitting at the back of my mind but I just cant seem to bring it up. When i think of it i will post it. Hopefuly it wont be while I am trying to go to sleep haha :D :D

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Prisms. I never understood those until I looked it up and now I always use those with Fire monsters or the occasional PvP when someone puts up a Fire Shield.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
2Flames wrote:
The only thing that I was confused about was getting into other schools using training points. So that then I wasted them all and had to use crowns to restart them. It was mentioned in the tutorial but it was very confusing at them time after going through a major fight with Malistare. It was a lot to take in at the time and that if it was shown in a tutorial tip later it would be better!

Tristan Angleblade level 36 Pyromancer

I got confuzzled to! I entered 3 schools before realising my mistake! :D

Elizabeth Pixiethistle level 23 Thaumatage (or some thing like that!) (life)
8)

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
I wish i had know it's a bad idea to have a wand the same school as yours when the enemies start using weakness.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Mine was training points. With my first wizard, I spent them as soon as I got them, not realizing that you can't use power pips with them (well, you sort of can now with the right amulet.)
I sold mine back and started over, although I wish we had the ability to sell back only specific spells instead of all of them. Or, when you go to sell them back, display a list of all spells 'bought' with training points, so we know exactly what we are selling back.

Also, maybe have the lesson from Diego a bit earlier, and perhaps include in the lesson about power pips only useable with your primary school.

Rogan Firehammer

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
There is a lot I have but heres a few:
Treasure cards...
I knew how to put treasure cards in the deck but did not know how to draw them. After a while I figured how to get treasure cards by running out of cards and being able to draw them after i ran out of cards. Then I learned how to dicard cards SOOOO helpful.
Gear...
I thought gear was more of a decoration then helping with battles so i did poorly in battles. Today I may not look very good (it looks super bad) but i am very great at battles.

I did this is 3 minutes so my hands hurt So i am done