Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Epic pet fail

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
So I hatched my storm hound whose talents are spritely, pain giver, cloud of bugs, and pierce, with a frontier dragon with spell proof, spell defy, spritely and pierce.
I get a dragon and start training it. I was ecstatic when I got spell proof first then spritely and pain giver. So I start taking it to epic figuring I will probably get pierce since both pets had it. Then I get to epic, and I get well trained (plus agility and will). What a letdown.

So what are some epic hatching fails everyone else has had?

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Here is a really good one. It happens almost every time i hatch with my firezilla, level ancient. So i go into the hatchery, thinking that because my pet is almost Epic, i will get a good pet. I ask someone to hatch with me. so i hatch a ___ with my firezilla, and guess what i get? ANOTHER firezilla!
Every single time i hatch that pet with a fire pet that happens. And it often happens when i'm not hatching with a fire pet too! I had to start hatching with my fierce hound instead because i had so many firezillas i had to sell all of them except lord zeus (my original firezilla pet). The wierdest thing is that noone else that i know of has had this problem! I know this isnt really an epic pet fail, but it has happened so many times that i think it counts.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I can easily top that example but what I really want to say is that if any of my pets had Spell Proof, Spritely and Pain Giver I really wouldn't care much what the forth talent was - I would be estactic with those 3. 8)

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
hp1055cm wrote:
I can easily top that example but what I really want to say is that if any of my pets had Spell Proof, Spritely and Pain Giver I really wouldn't care much what the forth talent was - I would be estactic with those 3. 8)

I agree, these three are huge talents to have in one pet. The best I have been able to do is get Spritely and Pain Giver on one pet and Spritely and Spell Proof on another pet. I am still trying to get all three on one.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
hp1055cm wrote:

I nowhere said that this is a bad pet. I am very well aware that it is still a decent pet. BUT knowing the incredible good talents BOTH parents had, any selfish talent is a huge disappointment, especially at epic.

Not to mention I can’t use this pet to hatch selfish talents out of other pets now either.

Also, after spending all the time and energy to get a pet to epic, maybe it’s just me, but I care what that epic talent is REGARDLESS of how good the rest of the pet is.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
haha. I was happy to get my Orthrus and I was so eager to get a new pet that I went on to EVERY ONE of my wizards and sold EVERYTHING i had. I finally hatched and after 23 hours or so I looked at my new pet to see: Orthrus. Three words: EPIC PET FAIL