Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scrap Iron

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
I am still doing the MarleyBone crafting quest but I am in Celestia. I haven't been able to finish the crafting quest I haven't collected any Scrap Iron. I look everywhere I can but I only seem to find Mist Wood. Are there any good places to find Scrap Iron?

Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
I completely am in the same situation. It's really starting to annoy me. The only way I can find scrap iron is by going to the Bazaar in Wizard City's Olde Town. I go there at least 1 everyday to try and find some, but it's rare and a usually find just 1 piece of it. Good luck with this impossible quest! :(

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
kirby913 wrote:
I am still doing the MarleyBone crafting quest but I am in Celestia. I haven't been able to finish the crafting quest I haven't collected any Scrap Iron. I look everywhere I can but I only seem to find Mist Wood. Are there any good places to find Scrap Iron?

you'll find scrap iron on the ground floor of both counter weights in MB. Just go in and out of them, look around each time, pick up whatever reagents are there.

Make sure you go back OUT the entrance so that the dungeon resets, don't port out.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
In Counterweight West you can come in and there will be scrap iron and mistwood. Since it's a dungeon you can come in as many times as you want, the scrap iron won't always be there though.

Champion
May 03, 2011
I had a lot of trouble finding scrap iron until Wintertusk. It's all over the place there. I've got a ton now.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
I found some scrap iron in Big Ben, both Counterweights, in Chelsea Court, and if memory serves, in the Ironworks.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
mostly in Marleybone. The Bazaar in wizard city possibly might have one. Also get Transmute Scrap Iron Card recipe, that might help.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
Guess what?! I found scrap iron in Grizzleheim! If you are able to go to Wintertusk then thats where i found some scrap iron! I was doing a quest in Wintertusk when you go there, then Sudrilund (unless you havent unlock it yet). At first i thought it was Mist wood, but it actually was scrap iron i got four pieces of it when i harvest it :D ! I guess marleybone isnt the only place that has scrap iron and thanks for that too .

Jasmine RoseGem Grandmaster Pyromancer

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
I seem to find a lot of scrap iron around Marlybone. You'll find them around places where there is a lot of bad guys (especially the Ironworks). Or you can cheaply buy them at the bazaar

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
you can also get some from plants.i can't remember which ones.if you're having trouble finding scrap iron and want to get the crfting quest over with try the bazaar.It took a while to get it but i stuck with it.good luck finding this epicly rare item.I'd also start finding black lotis as that is rare too.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
kirby913 wrote:

I saw a lot of them around the Ironworks. Just scout around the edges of the wire mesh that interconnects the rooftops or around "safe" places too. You can also buy a recipe to transmute Scrap Iron from Cattails and Ore, but since you said you are still doing the quest for it you can't craft the recipe.