Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help getting started farming...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
Greetings!

So I hit 48 with my Death Wizard (my highest), and finally got Scarecrow! This has been my focus for so long, I wasn't sure what to do next. I have started to work on breeding a great pet, but am noticing that requires a ton of gold. You need gold for breeding, gold for the snacks... right now my income isn't keeping up with my desires. :-)

I figure as the game progresses people have to be out there gold farming for the cool houses, multi-generation pets, and good gear. I am looking for advice to get started. What's the best way to generate gold for me at this point? Is there particular normal monsters I should be grinding down? Is there items to craft that sell well (not as far as I can see, but maybe I am missing something)? Is it more about killing bosses over and over again? Just not sure what to focus on.

Thanks for your advice! See you in game!

Sincerely,
Wyrmtalon II, 48 Death Student

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Finish Dragonspyre and head for Celestia. Most players make a lot of gold in that world.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
kakitadaiymo wrote:
Greetings!

So I hit 48 with my Death Wizard (my highest), and finally got Scarecrow! This has been my focus for so long, I wasn't sure what to do next. I have started to work on breeding a great pet, but am noticing that requires a ton of gold. You need gold for breeding, gold for the snacks... right now my income isn't keeping up with my desires. :-)

I figure as the game progresses people have to be out there gold farming for the cool houses, multi-generation pets, and good gear. I am looking for advice to get started. What's the best way to generate gold for me at this point? Is there particular normal monsters I should be grinding down? Is there items to craft that sell well (not as far as I can see, but maybe I am missing something)? Is it more about killing bosses over and over again? Just not sure what to focus on.

Thanks for your advice! See you in game!

Sincerely,
Wyrmtalon II, 48 Death Student

farming is battling the same boss over and over to get stuff to sell or a specific drop

what i recomend is ya either start with kraken, lord nightshade, or lord bramble ( most likely lord bramble since he has unfound drops most likely)

and there are many bosses ya might consider farming
just go to wizard101central and find out what boss drops what so ya can get a fortune out of farming

good luck with farming

p.s. make a fast attacking deck for farming besides your main

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
For the most part, defeating bosses over and over is the best way to earn gold. For your level, I would recommend the Jade Oni for farming. It is a quick dungeon, and if your deck is tight, could be a quick defeat for the Oni too!

Gardening generates some gold. Something to do in between farming bosses.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Wysteria is good for gold. Also, just progress in the game for a while and DON'T BUY ANYTHING until you have enough gold. I want 120,000 to buy a school house and still have 20,000 left.