Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Losing Connection

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
This just happened to my brother and I, we were doing 2v2 ranked PvP. He had 6 pips, I had 4, and the opponent had 500 health left, but then, guess what.... we lost connection , but when we got back the battle was over, and my brother and I gained 20 points in our ranking. , and the opponents lost 20 points, :-D So, KI, how do you determine what happens when people lose connection?

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
lucara wrote:
This just happened to my brother and I, we were doing 2v2 ranked PvP. He had 6 pips, I had 4, and the opponent had 500 health left, but then, guess what.... we lost connection , but when we got back the battle was over, and my brother and I gained 20 points in our ranking. , and the opponents lost 20 points, :-D So, KI, how do you determine what happens when people lose connection?

Lucara,

Losing connection is often because of programs on your PC, I find.
At first I thought it was KI was dropping me after so much time, but
I found that is not the case. Finally I found out that either it's Windows
trying to install an Update, or the Anti-Virus program trying to update or warn you of something.
I'll bet if you put your Anti-virus into the Game Mode Option, and also stop the Auto Updates while you play, the Disconnections will also stop.

Good luck, as that bothered me for quite a while also.

Joe.